How do they choose tablemates?

I will be cruising with my family of 6 this spring (me, DH, and 4 kids ages 1-9). Any chance they would seat someone with us? I would feel so sorry for them if a childless couple had to eat with my barrel of monkeys!
Chances are you will have your own 6 top. It could be slightly (maybe) possible that they could seat you at an 8 top with a single parent/child combo. But not likely.

Apologies if this has already been asked-- I'll be cruising solo for the first time next month. Is there any rhyme or reason to how they select stablemates for singles? Do they generally get paired with other singles?

Apologies if this has already been asked-- I'll be cruising solo for the first time next month. Is there any rhyme or reason to how they select stablemates for singles? Do they generally get paired with other singles?
We were told they try to match parties with similar composition/age groups. You’ll likely be with couples and singles in your age group, to form a table of 6-8. But it’s not exact science...

That's not a thing, I'm from Belgium and whenever I was not sitting solo (as per my request) I or we were paired with Americans and Canadians.

DH & I were supposed to cruise in Sept. with our extended family when Irma hit. None of the rest of our family could reschedule until next year so DH & I decided to go ahead and reschedule for this past Oct. Normally, we would have a table full of our family but since we were just the two of us, we were seated with a couple around our age. It turned out that this couple was on the ship with family but their dining had not been linked. They asked the dining room manager to assist which he did. We had the rest of the trip with a table for two!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter