how do Military discounts work?

DLfan4

Cant wait for another trip to DLR
My friends Dad is taking her and her kids to Florida for 10 days in September. He is ex-military
She has a few questions on the military tickets.
1) where do you purchase the military tickets from?
2) does her dad need to have a ticket and enter the park with her ? or can she use the tickets when he is out golfing?
3) if he does need to be with her, can he just go with her to the ticket booth, but not enter?

thanks.

Depends on the type of military ticket. Check out military Disney tips website or shades of green website for info. I believe the discounts require the person to be active military or retired (20+years in service). Make sure he qualifies. People that served only a few years usually don't qualify. Once the tickets are purchased and activated the party can split up. He will need to purchase his own ticket. Tix can be purchased at Shades of Green and military bases. Camp Pendelton sells salute tickets and you need to purchase those at least 6 weeks in advance. Tix need to be activated at ttc, Disney springs guest services or at the gate of any of the parks. he will need the entire party with him when the tickets are activated. He will also need his military id card.

My friends Dad is taking her and her kids to Florida for 10 days in September. He is ex-military
She has a few questions on the military tickets.
1) where do you purchase the military tickets from?
2) does her dad need to have a ticket and enter the park with her ? or can she use the tickets when he is out golfing?
3) if he does need to be with her, can he just go with her to the ticket booth, but not enter?

thanks.
This is your best source of info..
http://www.militarydisneytips.com/blog/category/disney-armed-forces-salute/

I can add that once the tickets have been purchased from the On Base Ticketing office, they usually take about 1 week to arrive before you can pick them up there. Once you get them, you can input the ticket numbers on each ticket into your My Disney Experience and attach each ticket to an individual to be able to make FP+ reservations.

The person with the Military ID will need to be present at hotel check-in if you got military pricing. And at the park gate to exchange your military tickets for Magic Bands. Once you have those, they do not need to be present, from what we have experienced.

You say he is ex- military -- does that mean he retired after 20 years? Because just serving but not staying through retirement does not qualify for discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!