How do i stay dry on Splash Mountain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgermom

Mouseketeer
Couple questions about Splash mountain:

1. Can I wear water shoes (the ones that totally cover your feet but are sort of rubbery and mesh- like material?

2. Is it possible to change into flip flops/water shoes at the last minute?

3. Is there somewhere to keep my bag/purse during the ride where things won't get wet?

4. Is it silly/worth it to wear a poncho?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. I've never had issues with my bag getting wet in the usual place, at least on the WDW version. DL is a different story.
4. No, you can totally do this.

Yes to all of them. My bag has gotten slightly wet before but never drenched. However, my backside has CERTAINLY gotten drenched and in those cases where I was wearing jean shorts I was wishing I had a poncho!

I always wear a poncho on SM. I don't like walking around wet. I also tuck my park bag under the poncho so it stays dry.

I always carry a small towel in my park bag to wipe down wet seats or dry off afterwards. I also bring large ziplock bags to put cell phone and anything else I don't want getting wet in during the ride. Agree with the poncho idea as well, you'll see plenty of people sporting them on wet rides.

Its only a rare occasion that you would get THAT wet.
Its not Kali River Rapids wet.

1/2 Yes you can wear water shoes or flip flops although its totally unnecessary in my opinion.
I wouldn't recommend trying to switch out the shoes last minute.
Get in line with whatever shoes you're going to wear on the ride already on your feet.

3. If you're THAT worried about your bag then bring along a plastic shopping bag to put it in. Although my bag has never gotten THAT wet if I keep it under the lip of the log.

4. Yes its worth wearing a poncho if you'd like to ensure dryness. Personally I love love love the ride but I hate hate hate even a sprinkle of water on me so I toss on a poncho and then sit back and enjoy.

Sit in the back. Last time I was in the front row. Me and about 3 rows back got drenched.

Sit on the left side. Even if you survive the drop & don't get wet, if your log stops after near the "fountain"(it's right after the drop around the corner) you can still get pretty wet if your log is there for any amount of time (as I have discovered:crazy2:)

Yes, this is very important. Sometimes there will be a bit of a hold here if there was an issue at the unload platform. If you are on the right side, this waterfall will be spraying you constantly and you will get more soaked than the splash from the drop could have ever gotten you. If you are on the left, your seatmate will block it for you. :D

I don't mind a bit of water but my bff and I once got completely soaked. We looked like we had just come out of a pool at the end and she had to buy a towel because her white tshirt was no longer family park friendly! After that I always wear a poncho as walking around completely soaked is just no fun

Guess I'm in the minority-I think the water is part of the fun and never understood wearing a poncho. I don't think I ever get that wet on SM, certainly not enough to warrant changing shoes. I carry a small crossbody Vera Bradley and it's never been soaked either.

I'm with you on this. I certainly recognize that it's "each to their own", but wearing a poncho on a water ride isn't for us.

My DH thinks I'm crazy, but I pack a change of clothes for everyone for each park day. After getting drenched on Kali on a chilly day and having to drip dry all day, I decided to start wearing ponchos on wet rides and bringing extra clothes just in case. It saves a trip back to the resort. Thank goodness we always have a stroller with a huge storage compartment.

We always get soaked to the bone on Splash and I really do not like being in wet clothes....yuck!

I wear a poncho like normal and then take one and put it on like pants. I look ridiculous, but I am dry and happy :)

I wear the one like pants, as my butt get soaked with just a regular poncho.

I bought some cheapy ponchos from the Dollarama and they are massive. I'm only 5'1" and these things come down to my ankles! They are perfect for SM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter