How do I refresh to look at available FP while in the park??

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
So next month were doing one day at Disney. Starting at HS then hopping to AK. We did FP for AK but I wasn't able to book till 30 days because were staying at a Universal hotel. I knew we wouldn't get FOP but people said to keep refreshing the app while were there. Well the only way I can see whats available is going in and acting like Im changing one we have already, that seems to not be productive and take awhile? Is that the only way to see whats available? That doesn't really seem like a way to constantly checking and getting a chance that one pops up? Its an EMH morning and they have the Disney after hours event that night too so we don't have a chance to ride it like before close.

It doesn't really take a while, it's like an extra 10 seconds. If you have booked your 3, pick one you would want to throw out, and hit modify, and just keep hitting the times. You don't have to hit a different time, you can actually just keep hitting the same time. Since you would be looking for FoP, it would most likely only pop up with one time anyway, so it would just show that. As long as the app doesn't restart, you won't have to restart the process again of modifying a FP

Don't just wait until you are there. Keep looking from now until then. People cancel, times do open up. If you are bored at home, or just sitting around watching TV, open the app up and just refresh for like 15 minutes. I have gotten all the big rides doing this.

It doesn't really take a while, it's like an extra 10 seconds. If you have booked your 3, pick one you would want to throw out, and hit modify, and just keep hitting the times. You don't have to hit a different time, you can actually just keep hitting the same time. Since you would be looking for FoP, it would most likely only pop up with one time anyway, so it would just show that. As long as the app doesn't restart, you won't have to restart the process again of modifying a FP

Don't just wait until you are there. Keep looking from now until then. People cancel, times do open up. If you are bored at home, or just sitting around watching TV, open the app up and just refresh for like 15 minutes. I have gotten all the big rides doing this.

Ok great!! Thanks. I figured we'd have to get out and start over every time!

One other suggestion. If you are looking for Pirates at 11am and you find Pirates at 5 pm. Take it and then work on modifying that time. We have had better luck getting the attraction we want and then modifying the time rather than trying to find the attraction at the time we want. After we have the attraction and are just modifying times, it seems more times are suddenly available.
Not sure why but it seemed to work that way for us.

One other suggestion. If you are looking for Pirates at 11am and you find Pirates at 5 pm. Take it and then work on modifying that time. We have had better luck getting the attraction we want and then modifying the time rather than trying to find the attraction at the time we want. After we have the attraction and are just modifying times, it seems more times are suddenly available.
Same here.

This.

I've been doing this at home the last few days and have managed to modify even a 7DMT FP to a much earlier time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!