How do I love thee....let me count the days!! It's done.......

Nice to hear that you will finish the rest of your TR and plan for an upcoming trip.

When last we left we were at the Firehouse.

126.jpg

129.jpg

130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

When we left the Firehouse we saw the window display of trains. I took pictures of it. Although they are not as good as Laurie's from her trip report here they are.

135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

Then with WBG's back hurting as bad as it did we headed over to see Great Moments With Mr Lincoln. I know a lot of people are bored by this but for me I have to visit it at least once every trip. That's how I roll.:rotfl:

More later if I get a chance. I have sharing my laptop with WBG and it sucks.

While we were waiting for Mr Lincoln I was walking around the museum looking at the beautiful displays. Unfortunately I am not really a very good photographer so these aren't great pictures.

142.jpg

A model of what Disneyland looked like when it opened.

144.jpg

The model of Splash Mountain.

145.jpg

More Splash Mountain.

147.jpg

When we left Mr Lincoln we ran into these friendly, mischievous fellows. They are among my favorite characters.:goodvibes

At this point WBG was feeling pretty awful and he refused to leave until after he rode the Lily Belle. So we sat on a bench in front of the train station on Main Street to watch the world go by. I heard from a CM that this was something Walt Disney really liked to do. It was one of his favorite place to sit and enjoy the park. If it was good enough for Walt it was good enough for us. I got to thinking that I wanted to get Kody one more gift. So I left WBG and headed off on my own to shop. I kind of had an idea of what I might want to get her so I knew which shop to go to.

2012-02-16160106.jpg

When I go to the store whose name escapes. I only know that it was the one across the street from the Emporium. The one that had the St Patrick's Mickey Mouses. That is what I got her. I saw this window and well Duffy is a favorite for me.

2012-02-16160111.jpg

I had a nice conversation with the two CMs in the store. We discussed how BUSY New Years Eve had been. Only one of them had to work. And the other one had worked Christmas and it was terribly busy too. The basic opinion was that if you want to be at Disneyland without crowds avoid the major holidays.

While I was having fun visiting and shopping poor WBG was sitting on the bench. He had fun though because he took some pictures too.

148.jpg

149.jpg

151.jpg

152.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

I came back and sat with WBG again and he was eyeing the churro cart. This was on his bucket list. It was one his had to have items. I left the loot with him and walked over to get us each a churro to sit and eat while we waited out the last bit of time before it was time to go up to the train station for our ride on the Lily Belle. This is a great place to sit because you can watch the character interactions and all of the people passing through. If you ever want to just sit and enjoy being in the park I cna think of no place better to do it.

We went up to let them know we were there for our ride. Not everyone was there and neither was the train. I had wanted WBG to take part in the flag ceremony but we just never made it. While we were in the train station waiting the flag ceremony took place. WBG stood up there in the train station watching out the window as the ceremony took place. The band playing the patriotic music and the whole ceremony is such a touching thing to see. And the view from up there is a rather good one. There are no pictures because WBG had the camera and he was so choked up watching it I don't think he realized that he had the camera. I will make sure that he participates in November. It is a beautiful tribute to the flag and to veterans.

Now on to the Lily Belle. After you are checked in you are given a ticket.

2012-02-16165609.jpg

2012-02-16165626.jpg

These tickets are replicas of the actual tickets that Lillian Disney would give to her guest that she had invited to ride in her car. The lovely thing about riding in the Lily Belle is the CM in the car with you. They tell you the story of the Lily Belle and the train. It is a wonderful thing to do. If you get a chance to ride in the Lily Belle do it. It was a highlight of our trip and we will do it again.

The furniture and decorations are beautiful. The furniture they put in it originally did not meet Mrs. Disney's standards they had put in wicker furniture and she just didn't like it. The Queen Mary was having a sale and Mrs Disney went and purchased the seating form the Queen Mary. The carpeting is from Walt's home. I am now going to share pictures taken from my phone and the camera. They are not great pictures but I want to share this amazing thing with you.

2012-02-16165940.jpg

2012-02-16165950.jpg

2012-02-16165958.jpg

2012-02-16170004.jpg

155.jpg

All too soon the train ride was over and our tip to the parks was at an end too. I was supposed to have a Dis-meet with Lisa (mommy2mrb) and her daughter Megan. Unfortunately I had to cancel because of WBG's back. He needed to be able to drive that beastly rental home. Sigh. I am so glad that I know we are going to be able to go in November or I might have cried. This was an amazing trip and I didn't want to see it end.

Before I wrap this up I want to share a link. This a fun website with a couple of videos and some wonderful pictures if anyone is interested.

We left Disneyland on Thursday night with heavy hearts and a sore back. But, in my sadness at leaving I got to thinking about the fact that if we wanted to go in the morning we could. We had our APs and we could go when we wanted. That made it easier on me. Our night passed good and by morning WBG was at least well enough to drive home. Thankfully.

We left and hit the road. I finally found one redeeming quality in the rental car.

2012-02-17081449.jpg

It had a hidden Mickey. I cannot believe that I rode all the way down to Disneyland and it wasn't until we were on our way home that I spotted it.

011-3.jpg

Getting ready to head into the Grapevine I spotted snow on out lying peaks. The storm on Wednesday was obviously as cold as I thought it was.

025-3.jpg

Leaving the Grapevine.

028-3.jpg

We were headed the right way.

046-2.jpg

WBG made sure his "hotdog" was buckled in.:goodvibes

052-2.jpg

Getting close to home. One last bridge to cross until we were on the last stretch of the road.

053-2.jpg

056-2.jpg

059-2.jpg

And soon we were home to our loved ones.

Now for my closing thoughts, this was a great trip. It was our best. This is the trip where WBG discovered the love of Disneyland and DCA. He used to go on the trips because he knew how much I loved it but he never truly understood the love. I am glad to say that he now has that love. Since we have come home from our trip he has looked at pictures of DLR online. This is huge. Now we both have APs and that is huge because it was his idea.

I realize that the Ayres Hotel is a long way from the actual resort but I loved it and it is the only place I will stay at. We didn't hear any of our neighbors, we didn't hear kids running down the hallway either. It wasn't because there weren't kids in the hotel either. There was a high school band staying there at the time we were and I didn't even realize it until the morning we left. I love a quiet hotel. Sitting downstairs in the lobby was a pleasure. There was a fire in the fireplace and it is just a cozy place to be. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel.

We visited more characters than we have since the kids we little, and you know what I love, love, loved it!! Next trip we will do the same thing. Maybe I can even get the kids to join in a few. It was great fun to be a kid. I can hardly wait to go to DCA with the walls down. The changes that are coming are going to be great. I have begrudgingly fallen in love with DCA. The first time or two I went I was kind of meh about the park. I was part of the "it's just not Disneyland" group of people. Now I am part of the "I'm glad it's not Disneyland" group now. Yes there are the Disney touches every where but it is it's own park. Yay!!

Thank you for joining me on this trip and I hope that you join me on our next trip report. I plan on starting that pre-trip soon, but first I need to ask SherryE about a word I was going to put in the title. I don't remember it.:rotfl:

Ciao for now!!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip. I'm headed to DL for the first time and I'll be by myself, so I'm absorbing as much as I can before 4/20. Great posts and pics. :thumbsup2

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip. I'm headed to DL for the first time and I'll be by myself, so I'm absorbing as much as I can before 4/20. Great posts and pics. :thumbsup2

You're welcome. How exciting! The park should be low crowds too and the weather should be pleasant too. How many days will you be staying for? Are you doing a trip report?

You're welcome. How exciting! The park should be low crowds too and the weather should be pleasant too. How many days will you be staying for? Are you doing a trip report?

I'm heading to San Diego for a software conference from4/15-4/20 and couldn't loose the chance to go to DL. I'm staying at the Carousel Inn 4/20-23 and leaving out of LAX at 9pm. I'm beyond excited, but a bit nervous. I've never done any parks by myself. I got my tickets and confirmations in the mail last week and I just keep looking at them. The park hopper has Luigi and the other french car from Cars on the front.

I've never written a trip report. Usually it's 10 days at WDW and that would be a huge report. I'm not really good at keeping details of my time. I always start good and then droop off as the days go by.

I'm heading to San Diego for a software conference from4/15-4/20 and couldn't loose the chance to go to DL. I'm staying at the Carousel Inn 4/20-23 and leaving out of LAX at 9pm. I'm beyond excited, but a bit nervous. I've never done any parks by myself. I got my tickets and confirmations in the mail last week and I just keep looking at them. The park hopper has Luigi and the other french car from Cars on the front.

I've never written a trip report. Usually it's 10 days at WDW and that would be a huge report. I'm not really good at keeping details of my time. I always start good and then droop off as the days go by.

Oh how fun!! San Diego too!!

I have heard good things about the Carousel. I would be excited too. One thing about Disneyland is that it is smaller than WDW from what I have heard so it shouldn't be quite as daunting.

The park hoppers sound cute! It is the big build up to Cars Land. Be sure and ride the Little Mermaid ride in DCA. That has become one of my favorites, it and Monsters Inc. So cute!

I have friends that go by themselves. Disney are among the few places that I would want to go by myself.

I am really bad about trip reports. This is the first time I have followed through completely with final thoughts. So don't feel alone about that. :rotfl:

Finally caught up! Great TR Michele. I am glad you had so much fun and that WBG did too. It looks like you did lots of things you hadn't before as well as lots of fun new things. I will take note of sitting on that bench to people watch, it looked like a great view to do that. I am glad to have followed along, and I am heading over to your new one as soon as I can. :)

Happy Easter!!

Happy Easter!!

Finally caught up! Great TR Michele. I am glad you had so much fun and that WBG did too. It looks like you did lots of things you hadn't before as well as lots of fun new things. I will take note of sitting on that bench to people watch, it looked like a great view to do that. I am glad to have followed along, and I am heading over to your new one as soon as I can. :)

Thank you Andrea!! See you there!!

Now for my closing thoughts, this was a great trip. It was our best. This is the trip where WBG discovered the love of Disneyland and DCA. He used to go on the trips because he knew how much I loved it but he never truly understood the love. I am glad to say that he now has that love. Since we have come home from our trip he has looked at pictures of DLR online. This is huge. Now we both have APs and that is huge because it was his idea.

I realize that the Ayres Hotel is a long way from the actual resort but I loved it and it is the only place I will stay at. We didn't hear any of our neighbors, we didn't hear kids running down the hallway either. It wasn't because there weren't kids in the hotel either. There was a high school band staying there at the time we were and I didn't even realize it until the morning we left. I love a quiet hotel. Sitting downstairs in the lobby was a pleasure. There was a fire in the fireplace and it is just a cozy place to be. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel.

We visited more characters than we have since the kids we little, and you know what I love, love, loved it!! Next trip we will do the same thing. Maybe I can even get the kids to join in a few. It was great fun to be a kid. I can hardly wait to go to DCA with the walls down. The changes that are coming are going to be great. I have begrudgingly fallen in love with DCA. The first time or two I went I was kind of meh about the park. I was part of the "it's just not Disneyland" group of people. Now I am part of the "I'm glad it's not Disneyland" group now. Yes there are the Disney touches every where but it is it's own park. Yay!!

Thank you for joining me on this trip and I hope that you join me on our next trip report. I plan on starting that pre-trip soon, but first I need to ask SherryE about a word I was going to put in the title. I don't remember it.:rotfl:
Ciao for now!!

I liked the pictures of Mickey's house! I hadn't seen them before.

How cute, that they have Mickey's Baby shoes, too.

I like your disney bag, by the way.

Wow -- that Lily Belle is beautiful -- what a better choice than wicker furniture.

So glad that WBG developed a love for Disney on this trip! And that you guys got AP -- so much nicer to go in and out the parks as you wish ... and more importantly, to plan another vacation before it expires!!

I liked the pictures of Mickey's house! I hadn't seen them before.

How cute, that they have Mickey's Baby shoes, too.

I like your disney bag, by the way.

Wow -- that Lily Belle is beautiful -- what a better choice than wicker furniture.

So glad that WBG developed a love for Disney on this trip! And that you guys got AP -- so much nicer to go in and out the parks as you wish ... and more importantly, to plan another vacation before it expires!!

I think the theming in Mickey's house is wonderful. The baby shoes are a really nice touch.

Oh thank you! It is great for shopping too. I am planning to take it next trip too.

I love the Lily Belle. And I agree the wicker wouldn't have been nearly as nice. I think that the car is so rich looking. It was so nice to sit and listen to the stories. The CM we had truly loves trains and is so knowledgeable that it made the ride that much more fun.

I couldn't be more thrilled that WBG finally gets it. He finally is excited about going and doesn't just say, "whatever you want honey." That just drove me nuts.

Have you started a new pre trip report for your mommy daughter trip?

Just finished reading your TR. I'm glad you came back and finished it! Thanks for including a Lilly Belle ticket. I don't remember ever seeing a picture of that before. I'm glad you had such a great trip. Have fun planning the next one. :goodvibes

Just finished reading your TR. I'm glad you came back and finished it! Thanks for including a Lilly Belle ticket. I don't remember ever seeing a picture of that before. I'm glad you had such a great trip. Have fun planning the next one. :goodvibes

Hi there!! Thank you and you're welcome. I love the Lily Belle tickets. I am enjoying planning it. We have nine of us going on our next trip, it should be quite a trip.:rotfl:

I think the theming in Mickey's house is wonderful. The baby shoes are a really nice touch.

Oh thank you! It is great for shopping too. I am planning to take it next trip too.

I love the Lily Belle. And I agree the wicker wouldn't have been nearly as nice. I think that the car is so rich looking. It was so nice to sit and listen to the stories. The CM we had truly loves trains and is so knowledgeable that it made the ride that much more fun.

I couldn't be more thrilled that WBG finally gets it. He finally is excited about going and doesn't just say, "whatever you want honey." That just drove me nuts.

Have you started a new pre trip report for your mommy daughter trip?

No, PTR yet. Hoping to get to it soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!