How do I join the DC, and is it worth it???

marcyinPA

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip to DW for my family, my mom and my Aunt and Uncle in April of 2002. Should I joing the Disney Club and will it provide me with some good discounts? And how do I go about it??

Also, how do I get to the discount code site?? I'd like to save a bundle on WL (I need a suite and a room).

Thanks!

You may access the Disney Club site at http://disneyclub.disney.go.com

I am a member and I'm not sure I will remain a member after this first year. I have yet to see any benefits. So much of the available discounts are for stuff or events I have no interest in or theiy're on the left coast at Disneyland/California Adventure.

You can get the codes at Mary Waring's site: www.mousesavers.com I think it is under the misc section, but Im not sure.

As for the DC?? If you shop at the Disney store you can save 10% there. There are also discounts for park passes, restaurants, rental cars, and disney hotels. Im not a member so I cant tell you all the options. I think mousesavers has a list of discounts you can get with the card.

Hope this helps!!

Sheila

It was worth it for me!!! I am going in Dec and staying at the Beach Club, and the DC saved me about $700!!!!! Also, I get $75 disney dollars from them when I arrive because I have a package.

this more than paid for the membership fee!!

:D :D

I wanted to ask the same thing about Disney Club. We will have 3 rooms at All Star Movies, but I don't know if they will have discounted rooms available for Memorial Day Week.

Having a hard time figuring out if we will come out ahead by buying the Disney Club membership.

Any input would be appreciated.

Rosey :smooth:

The Disney Club probably would not have saved you anything on rooms in the All Stars over a holiday weekend.

If you have an Entertainment coupon book. .. I have one because it is a fund raiser at my kid's school ... you can join the Disney Club for $31.

You will get to buy park hoppers for a discount through the Disney Club so that alone may save you $30.

We have saved 50% on several non disney hotels and madeback the price of the card many times over. We're also getting APs with the discount and I've used it at the disney store several times - so I feel like it's worth it for us.

I found the DC to be worth it, especially if you go over to Marketplace. You're right about all the different discounts that are out there other than DC.

You can use your DC at home too. I just used the Entertainment discount at a hotel in Portland, Maine, and saved 50% off rack rate. (upgraded to a better hotel and saved $100) I used the DC website to find the deal and it worked out great for me. The discount is also good if you buy a lot at the Disney Store and from the catalog when you're home. You get the Disney magazine as part of your membership. I used to subscribe on my own so that saves me money too. Overall I think it's a good deal!

We just joined DVC. The only passes DVC members get a discount on are UMPs, which we don't use. And we won't have to scramble around looking for discounted rooms any more (YAY!!!). However, DC membership saved over $50 on our car rental for 8 days in July. In addition, between a trip for DS and friends in June and our trip in July, we will purchase seven 4-day park passes. We also like to occasionally use the Entertainment discounts available thru DC, so I'll prolly keep renewing our membership.

Regarding the 50% off non-Disney hotels, do they list specific chains or locations?
Do you have to book the discounted rooms in advance? Sorry for all the questions, but sure do appreciate the help. :cool:

Rosey

OK, I know there is the Disney Club - and the entertainment book website where you can purchase the book. The book has coupons for 50% of hotels, rental car discounts, etc. There is an entertainment club?? which Im confused about... is it the card you get when you buy an entertainment book? Or does EC stand for emerald club, and is that part of the disney club? hmmm... can you get the 50% off hotel and the car discounts with the disney card and not buy the entertainment book?

Thanks!

Sheila

When you join the DC you get a packet of info, including an Entertainment booklet that lists all their discounts, etc. You don't need to buy anything further to get these discounts. I was on the DC website and it had a search feature where you plug in where you're going and it listed all the available hotels in that area. To get the discount I just had to show them my DC card, the Entertainment symbol is on the back of the card.

After all that, it's a moot point for me. I called DC and they said it takes 2-3 weeks for the card to arrive. It would arrive about the time we return home. :(

Rosey

I have already booked the family on the Wonder as well as 4 nights at WL for June 2002. What I want to know, is will joining DC save me enough to make it worth my while to join? Can I get discounts even though I've already booked? If so, once i join do i just call CRO and give them my number?

Thanks!

If you already have AAA, then I wouldn't bother with the DC. I didn't realize you could get a 20% discount w/AAA until after I purchased the DC card. Next time I'll know better.

the Entertainment aspect of the DC is not valid in Orlando. You have to get another Entertainment card to use it in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter