• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HOW do I get to the chip and Dale campfire???

Augustheather97

wild about Disney
we are staying at PortOrleans and wanted to go to the campfire one night what is the easiest way to get there>>we have a car would that be easier or going to WL and taking the boat????any suggestions would be helpful we leave in 2 days...YIPPEE:D :D :D

The boat from Wilderness Lodge is a good idea, You will still need to walk from the dock to the meadows area (approx 10-15 min brisk walk) You could catch a Boone or Crockett bus from the settlement area, But the time it takes to wait for a bus is usually longer than the walk. It mostly depends on how much stuff you have to carry and your kids ages. By far the easiest way is to drive to the parking lot at Fort Wilderness and take the bus to the Meadows area.

Obviously, the fastest way would be to drive to FW. You'll have to park in the Outpost parking lot. There is a bus stop there, where you can catch a bus to the Meadows Trading Post. Take that stop, and walk to the paths behind the trading post, cross the canal bridge, and the campfire area is to the left. It is hard to miss.

This would eliminate the Boat ride from WL. I believe the method I descibed is the fastest way.

The campfire is a fun thing to do at night after the MK! If you decide to do this - just hop the boat over from MK to FW! It's a nice relaxing way to end your MK day. :D

Another option is to take the Monorail to the Contemporary and catch the boat to FW from there.

We have a PS for Chef Mickey's on arrival night this June and then plan to head over to the campfire that evening. So, from what I'm reading here, would it be easiest for us to take the boat from Contemporary to FW? We are staying at the All Stars, so here's my next question....will there still be boats going back from FW to MK after the movie so that we could catch a resort bus at MK or is there a better way to go about getting back to the resort?

Your plan is good,It will depend on how late the MK is open that night. In June the movies dont get over with until 11 PM or later. I think you should be okay. The only way to know for sure is to check the transportation guide/schedules when you arrive. They make changes to transportation schedules depending on time of year and how busy they are.
Plan on a bit of a walk form the boat dock to the Meadows area where the campfire is held. Depending on the age of your group it may take 15 min to reach it by walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter