How do I get to contemporary from Disney Springs?

WDWOswald

DIS Veteran
We've been to Disney World 15+ times the past 8 years but we have always rented a car. Always. This time we are going for a short trip (3 nights) and we are staying in a preferred room at Disney Springs. We have dinner reservations at California Grill and have no idea how to get there other than Uber or taking the bus to magic kingdom and walking over or taking the resort monorail from there (no thanks).

Is there a bus stop at Disney Springs for the Contemporary? That would be ideal. Thanks.

We've been to Disney World 15+ times the past 8 years but we have always rented a car. Always. This time we are going for a short trip (3 nights) and we are staying in a preferred room at Disney Springs. We have dinner reservations at California Grill and have no idea how to get there other than Uber or taking the bus to magic kingdom and walking over or taking the resort monorail from there (no thanks).

Is there a bus stop at Disney Springs for the Contemporary? That would be ideal. Thanks.
Yes you can bus from DS to CR.

There should be buses running to and from all resorts to Disney Springs. I actually am pretty sure there are no buses from Disney Springs to the parks, only vice versa (I guess they don’t want people parking at Springs for free and then going to the parks from there).

There should be buses running to and from all resorts to Disney Springs. I actually am pretty sure there are no buses from Disney Springs to the parks, only vice versa (I guess they don’t want people parking at Springs for free and then going to the parks from there).

OP is staying at one of the DS resorts, and there are buses from them to the parks. It’s just the DS shopping area that is one-way from the parks

Yeah, sort of forgot about that, but I also thought the question was from DS shopping, not from the resort. I was thinking the question was more for Disney transportation, which I thought the buses from DS resorts are by those hotels, not by Disney? Also, do they drop off in the same area at MK as Disney transportation?

Yeah, sort of forgot about that, but I also thought the question was from DS shopping, not from the resort. I was thinking the question was more for Disney transportation, which I thought the buses from DS resorts are by those hotels, not by Disney? Also, do they drop off in the same area at MK as Disney transportation?

They are run by Mears, which also runs the Magical Express. Drop off is at the TTC, not main entrance like the buses from Disney owned hotels.

No, the DS park busses drop off at the off site bus area. So for MK they’d drop off at TTC.

What Disney Springs hotel are you staying at?

OP, this is the key question. You say you're staying in "a preferred room at Disney Springs," but the 7 third-party hotels known as the Disney Springs hotels are not actually located at the Disney Springs shopping/dining/entertainment complex. They're sort of strung out along Hotel Plaza Blvd, between Buena Vista Drive (which runs alongside the Disney Springs parking lots) and Apopka-Vineland Blvd. How close you'll be to the Disney Springs bus loading area (where the Contemporary bus is) depends on which end of Hotel Plaza Blvd your hotel is closer to. Take a look at a map of the area to get a better idea.

Now, as for how you get from your hotel to CR: I don't know if those hotels run a shuttle to Disney Springs. If so, you'd just transfer to a Disney Transportation bus to CR. If not, you'd take the shuttle to the TTC (MK parking lot), and hop the monorail to the CR. Depending on how close you are to the DS end of Hotel Plaza Blvd, you could consider walking to the DS bus plaza.

Personally, I'd go with a cab, Uber or Lyft. It'll be a whole lot faster than any of the above options, and pleasanter than hopping buses or walking while dressed up for dinner.

First, what is a preferred room at Disney aSprings.

Second, yes, there are buses from Disney Springs to the Contemporary. If there weren't, Contemporwry guests wouldn't be able to dine/shop at Disney Springs.

First, what is a preferred room at Disney aSprings.

Second, yes, there are buses from Disney Springs to the Contemporary. If there weren't, Contemporwry guests wouldn't be able to dine/shop at Disney Springs.

Sorry guys I meant to say we are staying at Saratoga Springs. So we could go to the Disney Springs bus stop and take the bus straight to the contemporary from there? Or is it easier to take the bus to MK ?

If you can afford the $25 each way, the Minnie Van service is fast, fun, and way cool. You'll need the Lyft app on your phone.

Sorry guys I meant to say we are staying at Saratoga Springs. So we could go to the Disney Springs bus stop and take the bus straight to the contemporary from there? Or is it easier to take the bus to MK ?

No resort to resort buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter