How Do I Add a Picture to an Existing Post?

scrappinginontario

A little bit of background.

The Pop Century Information and Questions thread is now outdated and I have taken on the task (with the support of others who frequent the thread) to create a new one. The pictures on the existing thread are no longer supported so a number of errors are displayed on the first page. (The person who created the thread has not posted on DISBoards for 2+ years so we cannot contact her to have the info updated.)

Much of the information on the page is also outdated as the renovations near their completion.

I have spent a lot of time preparing a new thread that we will introduce once the final rooms are closed for refurbishment but I've recently started to experience trouble adding pictures once a post in a thread has been saved. Since I will want to reserve the first 10 posts or so for information I was planning to go in at a less busy time (early in the AM just before the boards shut down for the night) and create the new thread plus reserve the first few posts afterwards.

The problem is that now I get the error, 'Uploads are not available' once I have initially saved a post. I'm not sure how to reserve the first posts and still be able to add pictures to them when I go in and update the information.

Is there something wrong in my settings or that I am doing incorrectly that I can no longer add pictures to a previously saved post? I know I've done this in the past but am currently having trouble doing so.

Thanks so much for your help!

A little bit of background.

The Pop Century Information and Questions thread is now outdated and I have taken on the task (with the support of others who frequent the thread) to create a new one. The pictures on the existing thread are no longer supported so a number of errors are displayed on the first page. (The person who created the thread has not posted on DISBoards for 2+ years so we cannot contact her to have the info updated.)

Much of the information on the page is also outdated as the renovations near their completion.

I have spent a lot of time preparing a new thread that we will introduce once the final rooms are closed for refurbishment but I've recently started to experience trouble adding pictures once a post in a thread has been saved. Since I will want to reserve the first 10 posts or so for information I was planning to go in at a less busy time (early in the AM just before the boards shut down for the night) and create the new thread plus reserve the first few posts afterwards.

The problem is that now I get the error, 'Uploads are not available' once I have initially saved a post. I'm not sure how to reserve the first posts and still be able to add pictures to them when I go in and update the information.

Is there something wrong in my settings or that I am doing incorrectly that I can no longer add pictures to a previously saved post? I know I've done this in the past but am currently having trouble doing so.

Thanks so much for your help!
To add info/photos to an already existing post, click on the "edit" link at the bottom left of the post. There you can change written info. To add a photo, click on the "More Options" button on the lower right. Underneath the reply window on the new page, in the middle is "upload a file" click on that. Then find the photo in your computer and click on it.

An "attached files" banner will show up when the photo has finished downloading. Click on where in the post you want the photo to place curser.

If you want the full sized picture in the post, click on the "full image" button. If a thumbnail will work, click on "Thumbnail" button.

Click on "save changes" button at bottom of page to post.

One note, there is a maximum number of photos you can put in each individual post. I can't recall - either 5 or 10.

Thanks so much @PrincessShmoo. I tried what you mentioned and you're correct that it does work sometimes but unfortunately other times when I click the 'More Options' button I get this error:

upload_2018-6-1_16-20-34.png

I have tried it in a few different browsers and on the post I'm trying to edit it happens each time.

The good news is your description did show me that it doesn't happen 100% of the time so there is hope that I will be able to add or edit pictures later

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts