How do Canadians Book?

Awesome! We booked Pop over the phone because we needed 2 rooms. But I usually book online (room only), then buy tickets from undercover tourist before our 60 days. I just did this and saved $200US on 3 tickets. I've bought from UC many times. I've had to call Disney a few times and it can be annoying (ie expensive) if there is a long wait. So I avoid it if at all possible.
Thanks. 🙂 Great save on tickets! Question about UT...are the tickets all by email, or do you physically need to go somewhere when you get to the parks? Our trip is very short so want to avoid losing time on admin stuff if we don't need to.

Thanks. 🙂 Great save on tickets! Question about UT...are the tickets all by email, or do you physically need to go somewhere when you get to the parks? Our trip is very short so want to avoid losing time on admin stuff if we don't need to.

As long as they aren't Canadian Resident Tickets, which I'm pretty sure that UT doesn't sell anyway, you just load them to your MDE and you're set!

I got an email in about 5 min and had the tickets linked in MDE in about 10 min. :D

As long as they aren't Canadian Resident Tickets, which I'm pretty sure that UT doesn't sell anyway, you just load them to your MDE and you're set!

I got an email in about 5 min and had the tickets linked in MDE in about 10 min. :D
Thank you...so all online and no physical pick up with UT. Will definitely check them out if no package offer comes up for our dates/length of stay.

Thank you...so all online and no physical pick up with UT. Will definitely check them out if no package offer comes up for our dates/length of stay.
You can also request hard tickets mailed to you. Free shipping is included even to Canada. ;) I did this with universal tickets. My daughter likes to keep it as a souvenir.

Looking at booking a few Disney days after our cruise next summer. Silly question but how do you book? I'd like to book with Disney directly but it seems like there are no 1-800 numbers included for us Canadians. Or am I missing something?
Everytime I call I make that complaint. Hopefully at somepoint someone will listen. Boggles my mind. Its a tourist destination that markets itself to international guests. How could they not pony up for a 1-800 number.

One thing, since you booked Pop, it’s a huge resort and some rooms are far from main building and bus stop. I’d either book a preferred room, or phone WDW and put in a room request after having a look at the resort map. You can also request what floor you’d like. Some people like ground floor, some like upper.

One thing, since you booked Pop, it’s a huge resort and some rooms are far from main building and bus stop. I’d either book a preferred room, or phone WDW and put in a room request after having a look at the resort map. You can also request what floor you’d like. Some people like ground floor, some like upper.
Yes thank you. And thus, a reason to call. 😉
We paid more for Pop over one of the All Stars but otherwise want to keep our cost down so we just went with a standard room. Am just trying to figure out the "best" spot to request. Thinking either building 3, 6 or 9 but not sure.

We paid more for Pop over one of the All Stars but otherwise want to keep our cost down so we just went with a standard room. Am just trying to figure out the "best" spot to request. Thinking either building 3, 6 or 9 but not sure.

I've stayed at POP twice and have it booked again for August, always in a standard room. I don't think there are really many places more than a 7-ish minute walk to the main building/transportation (at least according to touring plans). That may have changed for 2020 since the skyliner will be open, and I'm not sure if that has impacted the "preferred" rooms at all, but since it's mid-way across the bridge to AoA it should be pretty similar in walking distance to the main building. I've stayed in building 9 & 2. I would prefer to be in 50's or 60's, and I have requested "lake view" for my August trip and am hoping for building 3 but any of them would be fine. Lake view rooms are not preferred and are usually quiet. The layout of POP is such that the main building is really central, rather that like at AoA where you have the little mermaid rooms way down at one end and the buses at the other end. Building 9 was fine but we walked across the parking lot to get to the buses most of the time. Building 2 is the furthest I think, and it was actually not a bad walk, even at the end of a long day.

as fine but we walked across the parking lot to get to the buses most of the time. Building 2 is the furthest I think, and it was actually not a bad walk, even at t
Thanks for much for the feedback. I find it challenging figuring out as my list seems to include most buildings...lol (plus not 100% sure what is considered standard vs preferred - but good guide if lake view is considered standard). Good to know that building 3 is a good choice...and in fact, any building seems fine in terms of distance. We'll be coming next summer to thinking mostly of heat and being near transportation. I wonder too if they'll re-categorize rooms with the skyliner (so thinking not even both with requesting 60s building).

You can see on the map the rooms marked by category, anything not marked is currently standard (this is from the POP thread in the resorts section). Pool view of any sort will be noisy when the pools are open.

I’d pick the 60s or 70s. Building 9 is too far imo. We had a room in building 7 and it was a trek! I’d avoid 80s & 90s. I liked building 6, it was a short walk to main hall. We had a standard room at the end of the building near the lake, in the main building (not the off shoot) so not much foot traffic going by, and still the walk to main hall was quick, to run and get refills for mugs, etc.
Buildings 4&5 look good too.

Last edited:
I’d pick the 60s or 70s. Building 9 is too far imo. We had a room in building 7 and it was a trek! I’d avoid 80s & 90s. I liked building 6, it was a short walk to main hall. We had a standard room at the end of the building near the lake, in the main building (not the off shoot) so not much foot traffic going by, and still the walk to main hall was quick, to run and get refills for mugs, etc.
Buildings 4&5 look good too.
Do you think the 60s section (building 4 & 5) will become preferred category due to the skyliner?

I always use Google Hangout to call WDW or DLR for free. Quality of the calls is always very good but I have very high speed internet both at home and work.

Always book online as I find it painful every time I call Disney even though we have free calls to the US.

I only buy tickets from Disney if there is a Canadian deal going on, otherwise it is cheaper to buy elsewhere. I have used Park Savers before, but saved a TON this trip using Undercover Tourist. I'm still in disbelief how much I saved (over $600 USD).

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 8.27.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-27 at 8.27.47 PM.png

Wow deedubb...that's a huge difference with UT! Thank you for showing. Will definitely check them out if a deal doesn't come out from Disney of which we can take advantage.

And will try Google Hangout when putting in a room request. I searched the number posted earlier and looks like it might be discontinued as of Dec 2018.

Do you think the 60s section (building 4 & 5) will become preferred category due to the skyliner?
Good question, but skyliner isn’t up yet, so it may not be preferred yet and they would accept a request. But you can have 2 requests in order of preference in case it does become preferred.
Always book online as I find it painful every time I call Disney even though we have free calls to the US.

I only buy tickets from Disney if there is a Canadian deal going on, otherwise it is cheaper to buy elsewhere. I have used Park Savers before, but saved a TON this trip using Undercover Tourist. I'm still in disbelief how much I saved (over $600 USD).

View attachment 412392View attachment 412393
That’s a very good savings. I think on the WDW web site the 10 day hoppers are $661!
We always use UT. I just bought our DL 5 day hoppers, and saved $60 for 2 tickets. I’m very happy they now offer Max Pass add on. It was a pain every morning to buy it on the app after entering park. Much easier to have it on the ticket.

Good question, but skyliner isn’t up yet, so it may not be preferred yet and they would accept a request. But you can have 2 requests in order of preference in case it does become preferred.

That’s a very good savings. I think on the WDW web site the 10 day hoppers are $661!
We always use UT. I just bought our DL 5 day hoppers, and saved $60 for 2 tickets. I’m very happy they now offer Max Pass add on. It was a pain every morning to buy it on the app after entering park. Much easier to have it on the ticket.

$673 when you add tax!

I bought our DLR 5 day hoppers earlier in the year from UT at which time you could not add the MaxPass. That was a bummer. I hate trying to add it every morning as we are racing to the first attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!