How do Canadians Book?

I'm one of the few who like to get the dining plan (quick service) so I tend to book a package, however if it's only for a few nights it would depend. You can get better deals on tickets by buying through places like undercover tourist. The benefit can be that you can still cancel and get your deposit back, but if you have bought tickets they are not refundable (and you'd want them by 60 days pre-trip to get your FP). All to say, if you are in doubt that you will go, a package would be better but if you are positive you'll go, buying separate could be better.

Thanks. I know it might save a bit but I prefer to book directly with Disney rather than third party. Through Disney...if we booked room and tickets now for Aug 2020, and then ticket prices increase in say Feb 2020, I assume we would still get the original cost before the increase?

At this point, our trip isn't confirmed as we're hoping to add on a few Disney days post cruise, but it will depend on flight costs and timing returning labor day.

Thanks. I know it might save a bit but I prefer to book directly with Disney rather than third party. Through Disney...if we booked room and tickets now for Aug 2020, and then ticket prices increase in say Feb 2020, I assume we would still get the original cost before the increase?

At this point, our trip isn't confirmed as we're hoping to add on a few Disney days post cruise, but it will depend on flight costs and timing returning labor day.

Right, you would pay the price you book at. Unless you change it, then you are subject to whatever prices are available the day you make the change.

We booked a ticketless package for 2020. We are also in the minority and like having the quick service dining package. I'm holding off on adding tickets since we are going to get a few through air miles and still hoping for a Canadian Resident ticket deal by the end of this year. I priced it out and we would save $220 USD buying the tickets through undercover tourist anyway. I would only buy tickets directly through Disney unless it was a requirement for a really good deal (free dining requires you to purchase park hoppers) or they have the Canadian Resident deal. So unless you want a dining package, I would just book a room only.

We booked a ticketless package for 2020. We are also in the minority and like having the quick service dining package. I'm holding off on adding tickets since we are going to get a few through air miles and still hoping for a Canadian Resident ticket deal by the end of this year. I priced it out and we would save $220 USD buying the tickets through undercover tourist anyway. I would only buy tickets directly through Disney unless it was a requirement for a really good deal (free dining requires you to purchase park hoppers) or they have the Canadian Resident deal. So unless you want a dining package, I would just book a room only.
Thanks. That helps. That is significant savings so maybe we should look elsehwere. No problems purchasing from them when Canadian? And you can link it to your Disney account for FastPasses? How do you get magic bands? (Sorry...so many questions)

Out of curiosity, do yo remember if in the past there is always a 4 day min park day for the Canadian discount?

Thanks. That helps. That is significant savings so maybe we should look elsehwere. No problems purchasing from them when Canadian? And you can link it to your Disney account for FastPasses? How do you get magic bands? (Sorry...so many questions)

Out of curiosity, do yo remember if in the past there is always a 4 day min park day for the Canadian discount?

I can't remember as it was never an issue I guess as we were always planning more than 4 days. As for the UT tickets, I ordered them, paid in USD (I have a prepaid USD visa that I use, but any credit card would be fine), asked that they be sent electronically and it was less than 12 hours and I had them in my email. I was able to link them to MDE with no problems. You get the magic bands with your resort reservation so once that is booked you can go in and select them.

I can't remember as it was never an issue I guess as we were always planning more than 4 days. As for the UT tickets, I ordered them, paid in USD (I have a prepaid USD visa that I use, but any credit card would be fine), asked that they be sent electronically and it was less than 12 hours and I had them in my email. I was able to link them to MDE with no problems. You get the magic bands with your resort reservation so once that is booked you can go in and select them.
Thanks so much. Just did the calc and UT shows it saves $167 but I'm getting $86.52. Either way, that's money in our pocket. So I'm guessing with UT the only downside is its non-refundable? It's not a big deal as once we book our flights, then Disney trip and days are confirmed.

Thanks so much. Just did the calc and UT shows it saves $167 but I'm getting $86.52. Either way, that's money in our pocket. So I'm guessing with UT the only downside is its non-refundable? It's not a big deal as once we book our flights, then Disney trip and days are confirmed.

Definitely. Once the trip is confirmed then you're probably safe to purchase the tickets. Sounds like you have a while until you really need to worry about it though. You only *really* need the tickets before your 60 day window so you can book FPs.

Definitely. Once the trip is confirmed then you're probably safe to purchase the tickets. Sounds like you have a while until you really need to worry about it though. You only *really* need the tickets before your 60 day window so you can book FPs.
Yes...I plan trips ahead and it's not until Aug 2020 (but cruise is booked).

Or before a price increase :)
Yes...which seems like the plus for booking resort + tickets (or if warning, can purchase tickets at the time)

Tickets now have an expiry date on them. It's something to be aware of if you're buying tickets a year before your trip date. The value of the ticket will be honoured by Disney towards new ticket media if you are past the expiry date when you use them.

UT tickets used to be refundable if they hadn't been attached to your MDE. That may have changed. Either way if you don't use then this trip their value isn't lost. You can apply that to new ticket media when you do go. At least those are the rules today. Disney is always changing things up and who knows what they will do next year.

For our upcoming trip in August I booked our room-only with Undercover Tourist. They are a wholesaler for Disney resorts as well as tickets. Their rate was cheaper than the fun/sun sale Disney was offering at the time. The only difference is you have to pre-pay the entire amount. But it is refundable up to a few days before trip.

It’s worth a comparison. Right now you can only see online 2020 dates up to 365 days from the current date - but I’m sure you could call for rates later in the year too.

ottawamom...thank you for the note about tickets expiring as I didn't realize that. Since this trip is 14 months out, I'm thinking we should hold off on the tickets then.

amw..thanks for the note. Good to know that hotels too can be cheaper under Undercover Tourist. They only go to Jun 2020 (guess that's a year out as you said) so will definitely take a look when they release up to August and see if any savings. Don't have an issue pre-paying as long as it's refundable if booking far out.

Am I booking too early? Guess my thinking is if the booking is 100% refundable, may as well book to make sure we get the hotel that we want. No idea if these book up (it would be labor day weekend next summer). And great that Disney lets you update the cost if any discounts come up or if we want to add tickets or dining plan at a later time. So don't see any reason not too book now...but please let me know if I'm thinking of this wrong.

I never book a package. I either book by phoning Disney, long distance is cheap these days. Or I use my TA who Specializes in WDW vacays. I would never use a generic TA. This way if a special comes out she can deal with it, lol. And I find it easier to make payments. I just text or email her to make a payment.
Up until recently I worked full time and never had the time to wait on hold when discounts come out. Also you need to phone anyway to add specific requests.
In the past I had APs, most of the time. Now with price increase I won’t. But I’ll buy my ticket thru Undercover Tourist. Unless a Canadian ticket special comes out.

Thank you for all the responses. We ended up booking room only at Pop Century via online. We can see if something comes up as others said and then add a package by calling (although I'm doubtful based on our dates and number of days). Will also check out Undercover Tourist.

Looking at booking a few Disney days after our cruise next summer. Silly question but how do you book? I'd like to book with Disney directly but it seems like there are no 1-800 numbers included for us Canadians. Or am I missing something?

use this....they will transfer you 1-888-870-9173 it is the special events line but they always transfer me where I need to go when I press zero

Thank you for all the responses. We ended up booking room only at Pop Century via online. We can see if something comes up as others said and then add a package by calling (although I'm doubtful based on our dates and number of days). Will also check out Undercover Tourist.

Awesome! We booked Pop over the phone because we needed 2 rooms. But I usually book online (room only), then buy tickets from undercover tourist before our 60 days. I just did this and saved $200US on 3 tickets. I've bought from UC many times. I've had to call Disney a few times and it can be annoying (ie expensive) if there is a long wait. So I avoid it if at all possible.

I normally book online although call when I need to. I have a US calling plan due to the the number of times I call Disney each year. I enjoy (for fun) helping family and friends book Disney trips so it's often 10-15 trips/year I'm helping with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!