How do Canadians Book?

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Looking at booking a few Disney days after our cruise next summer. Silly question but how do you book? I'd like to book with Disney directly but it seems like there are no 1-800 numbers included for us Canadians. Or am I missing something?

Looking at booking a few Disney days after our cruise next summer. Silly question but how do you book? I'd like to book with Disney directly but it seems like there are no 1-800 numbers included for us Canadians. Or am I missing something?
I just booked online via the Disney website. Super easy. You can even pay with Disney Gift Cards if you don't want to use a credit card (they convert to USD).

Thanks for the quick replies.

So question #2 then...if you book online and then later a deal comes up, or say you need to modify your dates, then you call the 407 number to get it adjusted (and pay long distance)?

Also...as a separate question...but I'm assuming same rules apply to us Canadians where if we book room + tickets, that it is 100% refundable up until 30 days before. Our trip isn't for sure, but hoping but thinking of booking now to make sure we get preferred resort .

Our Easter trip I booked via phone as I had questions and I found it easier . I was annoyed there was no 1-800 # but I figure in the grand scheme of & I was about to spend what’s a couple more bucks lol

So question #2 then...if you book online and then later a deal comes up, or say you need to modify your dates, then you call the 407 number to get it adjusted (and pay long distance)?
Some people use the Hangouts app if they have to call. I have free long distance, so if I had to call it wouldn't be a big deal.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Also...as a separate question...but I'm assuming same rules apply to us Canadians where if we book room + tickets, that it is 100% refundable up until 30 days before. Our trip isn't for sure, but hoping but thinking of booking now to make sure we get preferred resort .
I try to modify my deals/dates online. If I can’t, and a new promotion comes out that will bung up the phone lines, I’ll make a new reservation. Sometimes I can cancel my old reservation online. If not, I’ll phone to cancel when all the hoopla dies down.

Our Easter trip I booked via phone as I had questions and I found it easier . I was annoyed there was no 1-800 # but I figure in the grand scheme of & I was about to spend what’s a couple more bucks lol

i use the website 90% of the time, but every now and then i need to call. i feel just like tammylynn: if i’m going to spend disney prices, what’s a couple more bucks on a phone call.

i mean, if i think too long about it, i also feel like when i’m paying disney prices, how on earth am i having to pay even more for the call. but the only person who loses sleep is me, so i try not to think about it too much!

Thank you all. Sounds like online is the best way to go.

So to confirm...if we book and need to cancel, it is 100% refundable if more than 30 days away from trip right? And same with modifying a reservation if discount comes up? Just want to make sure if I'm booking online and not talking to anyone (or can try the chat suggestion above) .

Guessing if booking online then you can not request a specific location at a resort.

Thank you all. Sounds like online is the best way to go.

So to confirm...if we book and need to cancel, it is 100% refundable if more than 30 days away from trip right? And same with modifying a reservation if discount comes up? Just want to make sure if I'm booking online and not talking to anyone (or can try the chat suggestion above) .

Guessing if booking online then you can not request a specific location at a resort.
If you’ve booked a package, yes. If you’ve only booked a room, you can cancel anytime up to 5 days before your trip and be fully refunded.

Another inexpensive option for calling Yak Communications 10-10-925-1-407...(pay per minute) and Caztel ($1 for 50min) 10-10-710-1-407... You can look both of these options up online.

Thank you. Guess there is always skype or google call (not sure if that's the formal name) but I remember trying that lats time and the agent could barely hear me.

I tend to book online or through a TA. If I need to call I do it from work :) but I have also used that hangouts app to call once and it went well. Once I figured out how to use it lol.

I tend to book online or through a TA. If I need to call I do it from work :) but I have also used that hangouts app to call once and it went well. Once I figured out how to use it lol.

question for you, travel agent .. did you book a whole package including airfare from someone like WestJet or Air Canada or just the resort directly with Disney? And if it was direct with Disney was the agent willing and able to get any discounts applied if they came up after your original booking?

question for you, travel agent .. did you book a whole package including airfare from someone like WestJet or Air Canada or just the resort directly with Disney? And if it was direct with Disney was the agent willing and able to get any discounts applied if they came up after your original booking?

I used one specific TA who offers discounts, and they were easy to work with. I didn't get the usual Disney discounts though. I've never booked a whole package, not sure I would because I prefer to use AM for at least part of the flights, though I understand you can do that through redtag now? So maybe next year.

Last question....is it better to book room only? Or to book room and park tickets together? We are staying for 3 nights only (so even if discounts come up, they may not apply for us)

I'm one of the few who like to get the dining plan (quick service) so I tend to book a package, however if it's only for a few nights it would depend. You can get better deals on tickets by buying through places like undercover tourist. The benefit can be that you can still cancel and get your deposit back, but if you have bought tickets they are not refundable (and you'd want them by 60 days pre-trip to get your FP). All to say, if you are in doubt that you will go, a package would be better but if you are positive you'll go, buying separate could be better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!