How Disney Celebrates Pride Month 2019!

cj.scribbles

Earning My Ears
So I haven't seen any posts here talking about Disney's new Pride merchandise so I thought I would post a little myself.

This new LBTQ+ Pride Collection is in celebration of Pride Month! In honor of it, Disney will donate 10% of all sales from now till June 30th to GSLEN which is an organization that works to create safe and inclusive K-12 schools for LGBTQ+ youth.

The collection includes more that fifty items, all of which are vibrantly colored with rainbows!

Rainbow-Disney-Collection-21.jpg

@/WDWNewsToday
There's a variety of items such as t-shirts, jewelry, hats & Mickey Ears, pins, ornaments and more.

Rainbow-Disney-Collection-12-1200x900.jpg

@/WDWNewsToday
I recently just bought myself the Mickey Pride Towel which is a part of a towel deal.
Towels are regularly priced at $27.99 but but two and the price decreases to $24.99 each.

Which is a bit of a deal if you also happened to have an Annual Pass, DVC or Cast Member discount. :p

So if any of you happen to be in the area shop now while you can. I'm not sure what is and is not a limited item but it's worth mentioning that I know for a fact Blizzard Beach only has like...11 of those towels left (though I would be shocked if we didn't get more).

Which means a two things. One, items might be limited, and two...I'm taking a day off for some shopping ya'll!

There's a rainbow Mickey that's adorableeeeeeeeee and the ears are to die for!

If you're unable to make it in time for Pride Month see if you can find any online shoppers. Disney Cast Members are quite familiar with online shoppers that come and purchase items in multitudes for those that cannot be present.

Keep in mind that often items are limited to 5-10 per person depending on how scarce they are.

That being said I hope everyone is as excited as I am! :D

I liked how the shop parks app told me which stores in the parks carried specific merchandise, the Shop Disney app doesn't. I hope they make that change to the Shop Disney app. I think I'd like the hat without the ears, just the globe logo.

I bought the sunglasses yesterday. Finally they’ve stocked these in Disney stores outside the parks! (Last year there were none). Though my store didn’t seem to have every single item described online.

Not really a fan of the shirts with the blue leaves as they look too busy and not really pride themed. But might try and go back at a less busy time and attempt to find a rainbow WDW shirt that fits me.

I bought the sunglasses yesterday. Finally they’ve stocked these in Disney stores outside the parks! (Last year there were none). Though my store didn’t seem to have every single item described online.
I have rainbow love Mickey sunglasses that my husband bought me last year. But they have some sort of scratch or coating deterioration, so I may be up for a new pair.

But might try and go back at a less busy time and attempt to find a rainbow WDW shirt that fits me.

That's always my problem. A Large works for most shirts, but Dis Large's are too tight in the stomach and XL's are way too long. I've found some Dis shirts which work for me at local retail but never in the park.

My problem is that I'm always swimming in Disney shirts no matter what size I buy. And they always seem to flare out at the bottom or fit in an unflattering way. I generally only buy Disney themed shirts on Etsy or Redbubble where people get very creative and unique with designs, and I know I can find a slim fit shirt that will fit properly.

Has anyone seen the red pride hat just without the ears? I like the front design on that one, but really don't want ears on my hat. So I might go with the standard blue one. The Times Square store has a lot of the merch in stock...but its such a mob I can only stand to run in for a minute, grab my thing and go. So trying to decide on a purchase before I head there instead of spending too much time in the throngs deciding! haha. In any case its a welcome change from last year when I asked cast members for pride merch/rainbow collection at that store and everyone I asked looked at me like I had three heads. Now its on full display!

Has anyone seen the red pride hat just without the ears? I like the front design on that one, but really don't want ears on my hat.

I haven't seen a hat without the ears unfortunately. Im not sure if one exists or not but we've had that Mickey Ears hat for awhile so it's not necessarily new?
I would imagine there's probably more options but I havent seen them. There's a ton of Disney hats though.

Where are they available at WDW?

The only parks I've made the Magic in lately are Epcot and the waterparks. The waterparks only have the towels and some of the pins. Epcot has the full collection.
The other places Im almost positive they have the collection are in the main gift shops of each park.

For Magic Kingdom it'll be in the Emporium; Animal Kingdom will be in Island Mercantile; and for Hollywood Studios it'll be in Mickey's of Hollywood; in Epcot it's in Mousegear although you might find some of the merchandise over in Epcot Towers which is Port of Entry and Disney Traders (the two main stores right down the center of Epcot).

There are other pride hats without the ears. I'll look to see if there's that style. I'm planning on picking up some hat or ears tomorrow.

By the way, Universal was also selling pride merchandise. I'm not sure if they're supporting the same or similar charity, but it was for LGBTQ youth.

The only parks I've made the Magic in lately are Epcot and the waterparks. The waterparks only have the towels and some of the pins. Epcot has the full collection.
The other places Im almost positive they have the collection are in the main gift shops of each park.

For Magic Kingdom it'll be in the Emporium; Animal Kingdom will be in Island Mercantile; and for Hollywood Studios it'll be in Mickey's of Hollywood; in Epcot it's in Mousegear although you might find some of the merchandise over in Epcot Towers which is Port of Entry and Disney Traders (the two main stores right down the center of Epcot).
I'll help answer my own question. At DHS they were in the gift shop near MuppetVision. They're probably in the shop at the front of the park, too. If I can convince my crew, we'll check on the way out from Fantasmic.

Has anyone seen the red pride hat just without the ears?
Haven’t seen them. I actually prefer the white one, with the hands making a heart, so that’s what I bought.

The ears on the red one are stuffed cloth, not rigid nor felt. So they fold back if you want, and look, shall I say, interesting that way. I don’t know how safe it would be to cut them off.

I <3 the whole pride line, and I <3 GLSEN. They do awesome work, and every two years put out a report about LGBTQ kids in schools. The survey is open now if anyone here is in middle or high school and is dying to take a survey! glsen.org/survey.

How times have changed.... when Gay Days first started Disney used to give out free t-shirts to visitors who unintentionally wore a red t-shirt those days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!