How difficult to get a Minnie Van?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by NicholeB630, Dec 29, 2017.

1. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Last trip I took MinnieVan once. Wait was 20 minutes. Took Uber about 6 times, never waited more than 5 minutes. Minnie cost twice as much and took twice as long. I'm done!

2. NicholeB630

NicholeB630 DIS Veteran

When going to MK where can Uber drop you off? Contemporary?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Nole95

Nole95 DIS Veteran

Yes. Uber can take you to the Contemporary where you can then walk to MK.

GADisneyDad14 likes this.
  5. JimMIA

JimMIA There's more to life than mice...

I really think people should consider Minnie Van as a novelty ride to do once during their WDW stay -- unless you have a group of more than 4, or need a car seat. MV are great, but they are not a reliable means of transport at all hours of the day, and probably never will be.

When we return to WDE -- IF we stay at OKW, which I hope we will -- we will take Minnie Van once. For DD15, you understand!

But for regular transportation, we personally will drive because that's what we always do and it's the most convenient. If you don't have a car, take MV ONCE and ride the buses the rest of the time. Or Uber for quicker pickups and lower cost than MV for just regular transportation.

6. Tinkerbell2017

Tinkerbell2017 Mouseketeer

I'm going to be staying a BLT in April. Can anybody tell me the best way to get to Animal Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon? Bus, Minnie Van, Uber, taxi? By best I mean fastest and most comfortable.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  7. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 DIS Veteran

Minnie Van/Uber/Lyft/Taxi would be my vote. Getting to TL via bus involves transferring at DS and is a bit of a pain.

8. Tinkerbell2017

Thanks, any one those your favorite?

9. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 DIS Veteran

Minnie Van is the most comfortable and you know exactly what you're getting in terms of a quality driver/vehicle, but availability can sometimes be a question.

Uber/Lyft have various options in terms of vehicle size/quality/price and availability can be better than Minnie Van during certain times.

Taxi is usually my last resort, but nothing really wrong with them either.

We have littles so Minnie Van is the best option for us given the car seats.

Wishy washy answer, I know!

Tinkerbell2017 likes this.
  10. Tinkerbell2017

That's a perfect reply. I'll have my grandchildren with me so the Minnie Van sounds like the way to go. Thank you

GADisneyDad14 likes this.
  11. NicholeB630

NicholeB630 DIS Veteran

I have no problem walking to MK from contemporary we stayed there before and it was great. In terms of trying to get one back though to Beach club from leaving MK. Is it smart to try and get one before walking back or maybe as were walking look for one? Are you able to just put in each resort you need to be picked up from since I wont know exact address of them? I really just want to avoid Disney transportation especially to MK. We always rent a car so the other parks are super easy.

12. Beckyb3

Beckyb3 Earning My Ears

We loved the Minnie vans. We used them three times this last trip. It was always pretty quick and we really enjoyed the conversations with our drivers because they all had unique and interesting info about Disney. That being said, I am not sure we took it at the most popular times. I could see it being frustrating if you had to wait long. The car seat option is fantastic though if you have kiddos.

Tinkerbell2017 likes this.