How difficult to get a Minnie Van?

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
Who has used this service and how difficult is it to book? We are staying at Beach Club Villas so from what I understand thats one of the resorts that they are leaving from right now? The morning of Feb 6th we'll be heading to MK really early for Fantasyland EMM and I was hoping we could snag one. I know I need to get the app and then when we check in get a code or something to show them in the app?

We used it several times over Thanksgiving week. It was really easy. You have the basics down. We waited at most 15-20 minutes. We used it to and from BWV.

We'll be at BCV next week for marathon weekend. Going to attempt to use it from BCV to MK on Thursday morning. I'll post a report when we get back.

We used it in October with no problem. I tried several days as times between 12/22- 12/25 and none were ever found available. I saw only one on the road all that week so i guess there was a shortage. It wasn't even that other people got therm first its just they weren't running

How do you hail a Minnie Van for a ride?
Ask the front desk?
Bellhop?

We tried it 3 times the first week of December and got none available 2 of the 3 times.

First was Boardwalk to Animal Kingdom Lodge around 8:30am. Timed out twice, used Uber.

Second was Boardwalk to GF around 6:00pm. Timed out twice, used Uber.

Third was Contemporary to Boardwalk around 3:00pm. Timed out twice but tried a third time and it worked.

We're not new to Disney, but Disney updates services so quickly, I frequently feel like I am! I've been reading a few threads about Minnie Vans and I'm intrigued...

So you use the Lyft app, but need a code from a Deluxe Resort to activate? Is that correct?

It seems from the posts that I have read that there is a flat fee of $20 - or did most of the posters just happen to have a $20 ride?

Minnie Vans are cheaper than cabs/more expensive than regular Uber/Lyft?

We will be driving to WDW and will have our car, but it is nice to not drive to dinner and have that after-dinner cocktail.

Thanks, everyone

We're not new to Disney, but Disney updates services so quickly, I frequently feel like I am! I've been reading a few threads about Minnie Vans and I'm intrigued...

So you use the Lyft app, but need a code from a Deluxe Resort to activate? Is that correct?

It seems from the posts that I have read that there is a flat fee of $20 - or did most of the posters just happen to have a $20 ride?

Minnie Vans are cheaper than cabs/more expensive than regular Uber/Lyft?

We will be driving to WDW and will have our car, but it is nice to not drive to dinner and have that after-dinner cocktail.

Thanks, everyone

Yes you use the Lyft app. If you are staying at a participating hotel you might automatically see minnie vans as an option on the Lyft app; if you don't, the Bell Services desk can enter your cell phone number (affiliated with lyft app) into their system and then you will see minnie vans as an option. Flat rate $20. More expensive than regular lyft or uber. Probably cheaper than cab but would depend on length of ride.

I have heard mixed reports on whether the minnie vans are only for the deluxe resorts. Any ground truth?

We used it once from Beach Club on 11/22. Driver was there in less than 2 minutes and the service was stellar. Good luck!

That’s awesome to hear! I’ll be at the Beach club for Mardi Gras!
(Yacht a couple of weeks later)

We stayed at BCV for Marathon weekend. We decided to take a Minnie Van to MK after the 5K because we wanted to get there quickly. We requested the Minnie Van while walking out of our room, and it arrived 5 minutes later. Great service and dropped us off right at the bus stop in MK. Driver was great and chatted us up the whole way. We also had some promo codes for Lyft, so the ride only cost us $15. I know we saved time by not waiting around for a bus.

We did have an issue with the bus service at BC on Saturday. We wanted to go to MK and resort hop from there on the monorail. After waiting 25 minutes for a bus, we ordered a Lyft and took it right to Poly. This was well after the half marathon ended, so I know traffic was not an issue. Not to mention that I saw no traffic on any roads while riding in the Lyft to Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter