How did you determine DVC was right for you?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Pdollar88, Apr 19, 2018.

1. gharter

gharter DIS Veteran

We ended up buying into DVC after the kids left for college. Have never regretted it. They have joined us in WDW at times. This spring our daughter will join us for a week after she graduates from college. We enjoy both DVC contracts for different reasons, but have not regretted either. In retrospect, would it have been nice to buy earlier? Probably, but we bought when we were ready and could afford it.

BEASLYBOO likes this.
  2. Ed597

Ed597 Earning My Ears

Congratulations on your purchase! Im curious, have you ever stayed at BLT ? I am thinking about a DVC near MK but not sure where. Maybe GFV or BLT ? You said you love Contemporary but idk if you’ve ever been to BLT ? I want to walk through there next time we’re WDW. Maybe they’ll let us look in a room ? I like the idea of watching the fireworks from your room if everyone is tired. Thanks for sharing your story.

ray3127 likes this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. ray3127

ray3127 Earning My Ears

Thanks! We've never stayed at BLT, but share your idea of watching the fireworks from the room, or even the top floor lounge. While we don't have to stay there to go to the lounge, it sure is convenient to be right there. BLT is the only one that's truly walkable to MK, so that's really why we chose it. And I believe its point charts are little more palatable than VGF or PVB, so you might consider that, too.

Not sure about letting you look in a room--somebody else probably has some intel on that, though I can't see why not.

5. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO OKW/Disney... my happy place.

:welcome:HOME !!!!

E2ME2 and ray3127 like this.
  6. E2ME2

E2ME2 ET

Congratulations BEASLYBOO!
    Direct or Resale?
    & which Home Resort ??

BEASLYBOO likes this.
  7. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO OKW/Disney... my happy place.

Oh No, that wasn't for me.... I've owned at OKW for 19 years, yikes! It was for Ray3127 who just took the plunge, see it a few posts back.!

E2ME2 likes this.
  8. E2ME2

E2ME2 ET

Sorry - “my bad”:o
    Congrats Ray3127!

9. ElizabethG

ElizabethG When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

I love fireworks from the room! When my kids were small, the were afraid of fireworks. We had to be out of the park before that time. It was amazing to go back to the room, get the kids ready for bed, and watch fireworks. They would watch them from the room, they just didn't want to be under them. It was so relaxing and peaceful. Your own VIP private viewing area!
    We checked in to BLT on opening day of the resort and have watched fireworks from there many times since. Probably more times than I have watched from the parks!

ray3127 likes this.
  10. ray3127

ray3127 Earning My Ears

That sounds awesome! Any tips on this as far as booking a room goes? I assume you need a theme park view; do you make any requests, such as a higher floor?

11. bwang123

bwang123 Messages: 1,457,177,069

I determined DVC was good for us when my wife brought it up that she was interested in buying.

12. ElizabethG

ElizabethG When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

Most of the time we get a theme park view. Regardless of view, I always request the highest floor possible when staying there. The standard and MK view rooms seem to book to capacity. We had a MK view studio booked; when we checked in, they informed us that the door on the only open MK view studio was broken and they couldn't put us in there. They moved us to a 1-bdrm lake view in the very center on floor 11. That was the first time we stayed lake view. It was an amazing upgrade and we now call that the best bad luck ever!

13. E2ME2

E2ME2 ET

I like that reasoning, BWANG123 -- an independent, strong , decisive leader you are:rotfl2:
    Happy Wife; Happy Life :goodvibes

bwang123 and ray3127 like this.
  14. bwvBound

bwvBound DVC SSR & other timeshare

LOL, well that was easy! :)

bwang123 and E2ME2 like this.