How did they get into the CL at the Grand?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Just watched a couple that does Disney vlogs and they were staying for one night at the GFVs. But later on in part 2 of their vlog they went I to the main building and ate withb Club Level. How did they get into CL at the Grand?

They were vlogging all the foods there. Am I missing something here?

i don’t believe there’s any way to pay for CL access at the GF. my best guess is they did something improper to access the lounge. maybe someone they know is staying CL and brought them in, maybe they followed behind someone they don’t know who stayed CL...I don’t know, but if they weren’t staying CL they shouldn’t have been in there and they certainly shouldn’t be bragging about it/advertising it.

We once, years ago, had friends staying at AKL CL and were meeting a large group for dinner at Boma. The friends requested, and got, permission to bring two of us up to the CL lounge for a bit before dinner.

We once, years ago, had friends staying at AKL CL and were meeting a large group for dinner at Boma. The friends requested, and got, permission to bring two of us up to the CL lounge for a bit before dinner.
We asked for permission about 15 months ago to bring a family member to the Tower Club lounge at the CR. We were unexpectedly upgraded to a suite at the Tower Club level but were traveling with a family member who was not upgraded. When I explained this to the CM at the concierge desk, I was told it was fine.

Doesn’t seem right does it? There’s plenty of other places to hang out in the hotels, I don’t understand how somebody can be allowed in a club level lounge when they haven’t payed for it :confused3
Well it just surprised me. If a CL guest ask and got permission then there was no wrong done. But I didn't even know that the practice would even be a possibility. I suppose it might be somewhat like asking permission for an off site guest to join an on site guest at their pool and it being granted.

I’m actually surprised about this one also, especially if they announced it in their video. I can’t see any resort giving permission for that! My situation was rather unique, I guess. I actually didn’t officially ask if my family member could join us in the lounge. When I went to the concierge desk, I explained that only three members of my family had been upgraded and asked if there was a way for me to add the fourth member of our party, who was staying in a different room, onto our reservation so that they could enjoy the lounge as well. I offered to pay for an additional adult in the room. I was told it wasn’t necessary, and we could bring the one member of our family up with us. It was very nice of them! That was a stay I’ve never forgotten. I’d love to stay in the Tower Club again...thinking of it for the future!

Doesn’t seem right does it? There’s plenty of other places to hang out in the hotels, I don’t understand how somebody can be allowed in a club level lounge when they haven’t payed for it :confused3
If I can live with someone booking standard but being upgraded to a CL room when I am paying at least $100 more per night for the same room, (and please don't tell me about "Pixie Dust" ), then I can live with someone being in the CL lounge as a one off. Not the end of the world.

I searched Grand Floridian couple club level and found the video...it was Paging Mr. Morrow. I couldn’t take the suspense...:rotfl2:

You did better than I did! I tried to figure it out. Not sure why it was a secret.

Ugh I could only handle about 3 minutes of it. Yikes.

I think that the CM's in the lounge decide if they can offer a little pixie dust, just as anywhere else in the resort. It seems to me that if someone has been granted permission there is no reason to begrudge them. If we use the logic that people can only enjoy what they paid for, then no one could accept an upgrade, an extra FP or a Mickey Bar when a CM offers them a special treat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!