How Crowded on MLK weekend?

themepark

Wanted: Your trip reports!<br><font color=00cc22>I
Hello all! I have been away for awhile but just started lurking again as I am thinking of doing a spur of the moment trip to Universal next weekend. We would be going to the parks Jan 16-18 (Fri, Sat, Sun). My question is how crowded are the parks during this holiday weekend? Should I stay onsite? We stayed at RPR last August and I know all about the perks of FOTL and how nice RPR is. I can get a APH rate of $129 at RPR or $169 at PBH for both Fri and Sat nights. Those rates are for standard rooms.

I am trying to go on a budget and I would love to stay onsite for the perks. But if the parks will not be crowded, then I could save by staying offsite. We are planning a trip in late May also (definitely staying onsite then).

Also, how's the weather in Orlando right now? I checked the forecast and it says upper 60's...is that right?

Thanks!!

I would say they would be crowded since it is a school holiday.Our friends were down at Disney(1st time) over New year's and said the crowds were horrible!! I would stay oniste for sure!! We will be there in March for spring break but heading north to the NC mtns and do a little skiing and sledding-my kids are praying for snow!!

FYI-these rates aren't as good as AP but Hotelkingdom has good rates for MLK w/end-HRH-175.21, RPR-151.20 and PBH-199.19. these are for gardenview rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter