How crowded is the AKL pool?

Demosthenes

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
My wife and I will be @ AKL over Memorial Day weekend. We've visited this resort twice, once in September and once in January. Both times the pool was empty, but the parks were too. We usually prefer to swim in the quiet pools (IMHO this is what makes th Y&B's SAB so great, not that the pool appeals to me, but it draws the crowds away from the quiet pools!), but since AKL does't have one, are we going to find it too crowded to have a leisurely swim?

I don't think you'll be swimmimg laps, but there is certainly plenty of room for everyone at AKL's pool. The little ones seem to stay close to the zero depth entry area. The other kids are usually over by the slide. That left a corner where it was usually pretty quiet. While the pool was always busy during our stay (4/25 - 5/2), we had no problems finding our own little area to cool off! Have a wonderful trip!:)

We were there last Memorial Day. It was pretty crowded but not unbearable. They did have to close the pool quite a few times because of the toddlers without swim diapers having accidents.:(

We were there over Spring Break and had a hard time finding a chair. I think this is why: It seemed there were more chairs with towels on them than guests in the pool. Either (a) people left their dirty towels when they were finished swimming or (b) people came down in the am, threw their stuff on a few chairs/table, went to the parks for a while and then returned for the swim. About 5 or 6 oclock, I did see a CM start pulling abandoned towels off chairs.

IMHO..... if it is warm...the pool will be very crowded.
We were there first week of May last year and even though we did not feel the parks were crowded, the pool was.
And it really wasn't that hot....80 to 85 degrees.
With only one pool everyone from the resort will be there to cool off.

And as mentioned before....they had to close the pool a few times for toddlers accidents. :(
With no quiet pool and the zero entry, all the toddlers are in the same water, so..... accidents happen.

Maybe you will luck out and be at the pool at slower times of day.

Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter