How comfortable are the beds on the Wonder?

Duffy2008

Earning My Ears
We are going on our first cruise and I have a bad back. Normally I can sleep well at Deluxe Disney hotel beds just fine. For Value and Mods I take a memory foam topper. Im trying to figure out if I should take my memory foam topper on the Wonder?

We are going on our first cruise and I have a bad back. Normally I can sleep well at Deluxe Disney hotel beds just fine. For Value and Mods I take a memory foam topper. Im trying to figure out if I should take my memory foam topper on the Wonder?
They are very good, but still take the topper in case.
I can get back issues, I actually find the beds too soft, you sink into them, that can help or hinder back issues. I prefer the bed a bit harder.
I would say they are similar to Contemporary and Polynesian beds.

I haven't been on the Wonder or Magic yet, but I love the beds on the Fantasy and Dream. I would imagine they are the same but I can't confirm. I have a double back fusion and ongoing back pain so I'm very picky.

We were just on the Wonder in March and they have the beds just like the Fantasy had when we were last on it 2016. They are super comfortable, not too soft, and not too firm. I agree that the Deluxes at WDW are fine. The other resorts are hit-and-miss. I was at Caribbean Beach Resort last weekend for the Star Wars Half Marathon and their beds were very comfortable. But the weekend before that we were at Art of Animation (went to see Hoop Dee Doo at Ft. Wilderness) and the bed in the master was much too firm for me. If it were any longer than one night, I probably would have gotten a backache.

We always get a mattress topper for DH, he has a very bad back. I usually email dcl special services to put the request on file.

We always get a mattress topper for DH, he has a very bad back. I usually email dcl special services to put the request on file.

Thank you for the info. How good is the matriss topper? Is it memory foam by chance?

We did stayed at a resort just outside of Walt Disney World for six nights with a painful firm mattress.
I like a firm mattress, but not so firm that it’s painful. I also have constant back pain. The Mattress on the Wonder did not hurt my back. In addition I wanted to also mention I liked it better than the mattresses at the Music resort that I stayed at the night after my cruise.
So if I’m fussy, and sadly it appears I am, the Wonder was the best mattress of the three I’ve had on the trip.
Just off the Wonder 4/1/18

We were on the wonder last week, very comfy beds. My daughter asked for something for the couch bed as it was firm, they brought an egg crate foam topper, made her happy.
Now that I should have done when I slept on that couch a few years ago. Go to know they have that.

If I wasn't on an expensive DCL cruise I would spend most of my time in the beds they have onboard! I sleep like a baby while cruising. I actually love the beds they have - and even the prior beds on the Magic & Wonder which were twins pushed together with a "connecting piece" between the mattresses.

We were on the wonder last week, very comfy beds. My daughter asked for something for the couch bed as it was firm, they brought an egg crate foam topper, made her happy.

We were also on the Panama Canal cruise. What a glorious cruise! The beds on the Wonder were "Wonder-ful". I really am picky about beds. So much so we have a sleep number bed at home. My wife and I both love the beds on that ship. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and the beds were OK, but the beds on the Wonder were great. I should add that the pillows were great too. I am also picky about those and bought an expensive pillow for home after years of trying the cheap ones and never really being happy. We both slept very well on the ship.

We were also on the Panama Canal cruise. What a glorious cruise! The beds on the Wonder were "Wonder-ful". I really am picky about beds. So much so we have a sleep number bed at home. My wife and I both love the beds on that ship. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and the beds were OK, but the beds on the Wonder were great. I should add that the pillows were great too. I am also picky about those and bought an expensive pillow for home after years of trying the cheap ones and never really being happy. We both slept very well on the ship.

The pillows on the ship are great. In fact, I like them so much that I bought the same pillows for home.

Thank you. We stayed at POR in Sept and I wasnt a huge fan of the beds, so Im happy to hear you liked the Wonders Beds. I was wondering about the pillows. Great to hear they are good. They should be as I think the ships are on the level of the deluxe hotels, so you expect it to be good, but you never know. :)

We were on the Wonder in April and the mattresses were too soft. My wife's back went out the first night. We mentioned it to our wonderful cabin steward and he placed masonite panels under the sheets which were much too hard. The mattress did not cause me any problem but I thought it was too soft. I don't cate for the feel of sinking into the mattress I like support. I heard that the Wonder is going into dry dock this fall so the mattresses might get replaced then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter