How cold is the grotto pool in December?

crs7568

<font color=FF66FF>The Tag Fairy will find you whe
I am 99% sure that we will be spending Christmas at the Dolphin because of their incredible rates that they are very willing to advertise eight months before a major holiday. I know that the location is great and I am very excited about staying there and not having to play the waiting game with the folks at Disney. However, my only concern is the temperature of the grotto pool. I have read that it is colder than other pools even in the summer months because of the waterfall. With the huge crowds at Christmas, the pool will play a major part in our plans for each day. Will it be too cold to swim in the grotto pool? I realize the outside temperature is a variable for any resort pool, but in general does the grotto pool feel colder than other pools?

Thanks!
Caryn

The Groto is heated, but it is not as warm as the kiddie pool, or the lap pools because it is so huge and it has the slide. I think both of those things make it hard to stay as warm. That being said, my entire family was in the pool everyday the year before last the second week in Dec.

We spent this past Christmas break at the Dolphin - the holiday room rates there were terrific! The Grotto pool water temp was a bit cool, but the Spring Pool (I think that's the name) right next to the Grotto was a lot warmer. But beware, we froze when we got OUT of the pool....:eek: :D But we think the entire pool area of the S/D is wonderful!:cool:

CRS, out of curiosity what was your rate over X-mas?

I know at the GF in the winter the water is warm-cool. It is very soothing. Then you can get up and go to the hot tub, put on a robe and go to your room. The pool temp.s are heated and changed accordingly to the season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter