• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How cold are the Illuminations Fireworks cruises in late Dec?

IluvDonald!

Mouseketeer
We have a cruise booked for Christmas and I'm just wondering how cold it will be on the water the week of Dec. 20th.

Will it be so cold we don't enjoy the show? :confused3

It's really hard to say until that week. We were there the week of December 13th last year and the weather was in the 70's to 80's. We wore no more than a windbreaker at night. I only wore a sweatshirt once.

I was back down to Florida 2 days after Christmas and couldn't get warm at all. We were in Tampa then and that was when the frost covered the strawberry fields in nearby Plant City. We wore heavy coats and gloves the whole time and spent time in the rental car with the heater on high to get warm (we were at a horse show).

Two years ago, we were at OKW during the first week of December and rode on the boat back to the resort from DTD. We all had windbreakers or sweatshirts on, but it was pretty cool. Not unbearable, though we wished that we had gloves.

So, the best thing to do is watch the weather report for the day that you are doing the cruise and make sure that you have appropriate outerwear to keep warm (including gloves). It's a great opportunity to see the Illuminiations show close up, so I'd make sure to be prepared and enjoy the show.

Have fun!

Terri

I went on a Wishes cruise last year the week of Christmas and it was pretty darn cold. We all had on sweats, hats and gloves and we were still freezing. As far as not enjoying it, No Way...it was still fantastic!!! Being cold made it even more "Christmasy":santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter