how can I save if I camp at Fort W?

tonysgal34

Mouseketeer
It seems that all of the deals on mousesavers.com, etc. are based on occupancy at one of the hotels. Aren't there any deals if we can't afford the resorts and decide to camp at Fort Wilderness? Or are we going to save more in the long run getting a room that includes meals or something??

It kind of depends. Are you planning on a wildreness cabin?(there may be codes for these) Are you willing to tent camp? Do you own a camper? Tent camping is the least expensive way to go (about $35) a night, and you can cook your own meals if you are willing to that kind of work on a vacation. Full packages with all meals included are not usually a good value--far more food than you would ever care to eat--but they provide convienience. If you are trying to stay on a budget try the AS with codes and budget for your meals if tent camping isn't your thing and you don't have access to a camper.

Well we normally tent camp but we are hoping to buy a camper soon! I don't think that it would be feasible to do a trip like that with a tent. I guess that I was just trying to figure out if it is cheaper to camp but buy meals out(so we aren't doing too much cooking at the campsite)or rent a room and have a meal package included-hopefully someone that has done both can give me some insight??

The least expensive vacation we had in WDW was when we camped. We tent camped and with a code we spent around $130 for the week. Our passes, 5day PHP one adult two kids, were around $600 and the rest we spent on food. We stayed really close to $1000 for that trip. We had a cooler but ate most lunches and dinners at counter service.

It's almost always cheaper to book your hotel and passes seperate. check www.wdwig.com for menus at all the restaurants to see what you might spend on food.

Well if money is an issue, you might want to go somewhere in the middle. Tent camping is not my thing at all anyway but it sounds like a lot of work on a WDW vacation. If you have the camper by then i would by all means go that route. If not I would look for a good code at the all stars. As far as food goes, i would not book a food package unless money was no issue and you just wanted the convienience.there are lots of ways of saving on food cost. A big one is having breakfast in the room from a cooler and food you bring from home or buy at a grocery store nearby. Sandwich items are also easy to keep in your room. Another tip is to eat any sit downs at lunch and frequent food courts or counter service.

Jordans' mom

You should check out the Fort Wilderness camping board on this site. You can find lots of information there.
They do offer some codes and if you have an annual pass or the Disney club card you can get a discount. Also when you call and make your ressies ask if there are any codes Sometimes they will tell you or look and sometimes they won't.

First are you tenting or in a trailer? When are you going, if you check in on the last day of value you get the value rate for the whole stay, AAA does 10% discounts to. Also when we were there in oct we ate breakfast and dinners at the camper and had lunches at counter service in 8 days we spent under 200 on food (we brought drinks and some snacks but my 2 boys are always wanting at home never said this.) They were to busy looking at stuff and my the time I wanted Ice Cream I'd ask 1st. By looking at different areas of cutting back you can do this trip fairly easy. We started planing in Feb of 02 for the oct 02 trip. Made reservations in April and bought the hopper pluses at the same time. Campsite cost 277 hopper plus 2 adults 1 3-9 yr old were 811. (other kid was under 3) We had 6 days down and 5 days scheduled for going home. 8 days there. We spent 800 dollars on gas and 100 on other campgrounds. Spent a few nights at Walmarts and one in a rest area (I know some don't like this but..) It's all a matter of prioities and planning. Charater dinners weren't high on our list. The boys love to swim so I thought we'd use the hopper part but in 8 days (2 nonpark ones) we never made it to BB or TL. Oh well next time.
Christy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter