How can I DVC points from an owner?

Del Ghad

Earning My Ears
Anyone know how I can buy DVC points from an owner to book at Aulani? Thanks so much.

Del

As PP mentions, you'll want to engage a broker if you're not familiar with the process. David's DVC Rental is probably a good one to start with. They will locate an owner on your behalf that has points for rent. If you are between 7-11 months from your travel dates, they will need to locate an Aulani owner which may take some time. If you are within 7 months of your travel dates, they can use any DVC owner's points but it will be based on resort availability for your travel dates. Most people book between 7-11 months out. If your travel dates are sooner than that, you will need to be flexible on dates, room type, and view.

Other things to be aware of: if they can secure a reservation for you, you will need to pay in full at time of booking. You can't cancel or change anything after you've booked and paid. You will not receive daily housekeeping. You will receive free parking.

You can look at the rental boards here too. It will be a little cheaper than going through a broker but requires more work and trust as well.

You can look at the rental boards here too. It will be a little cheaper than going through a broker but requires more work and trust as well.
This is an option, but I would advise against it for someone's first time when they are not familiar with the process.

You have two choices here

A: Lurk around here on the boards as I have seen many owners posting points for rent last listing I saw was for $16 - $16.50 per point. As any resort points will work just depending on if they are Aulani points (home resort) can book at 11 moths out or all other 7 months out.

B: Use on of the many rental agency's that will list owners points make all of the arrangements handle the payments between renter/rentee they will even allow you the use of credit cards for around the same amount of that $16 dollar range. Owner gets less for the points but it give a peace of mind to both the seller and purchaser that it is a legitimate deal and all will come off as planed on both ends of it. As an owner I have used Davids DVC Rental (I think they are also a sponsor of DISboard)to "sell" my points on many occasions with very positive results. I get a slightly less amount for my points but I don't have the hassle as it appears from some of the private listing I have followed here with all of the inquiries from people looking for dates and resorts. When I list with Davids they contact me when they have a purchaser then the deal is done I am paid by David's.

But either way do your own homework know your dates, the room size, the view, how many points you need to rent, and check for availability before you start it will make the transaction go much smoother. Oh and no at this time I don't have any points available as I have a family trip planned for Feb 2020 2br, and 2 deluxe suites.

My 2 cents

I believe David currently charges $18 a point and DVC rental store is $19/point for premium resorts more than 7 months out. It gets cheaper per point within 7 months and there are some last minute deals available if you are willing to roll the dice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter