How busy the first week in December?

4mcbjCtr

Mouseketeer
We are going to be there November 29th - December 5th. Can you tell me what the crowds are like this time of year. Also, if you have been before during Christmas, what are some of the must not miss sites?

I would think it will be very crowded during the weekend. That weekend they are taping the Christmas parade at MK. Availability at the resorts is almost non-existant. I tried for weeks to add another day to my AKL reservation (Monday the 5th) and can't get another day of the same accommodation/discount. There are some conventions going on and the big pop warner groups are coming in. (I guest the lots of folks for the taping, along with Regis and Kelly.) We went the second weekend in December last year (10-13) and had to wait 1 hour to get into MGM because the lines at the turnstiles were so long (had actually heard that MGM reached capacity that Saturday night). So I moved my trip to the first weekend this December and hoping it won't be as bad. We could barely move in EPCOT last year during the weekend. (We were at the tail-end of the Pop warner group last year and they were everywhere, but mostly at the value resorts and a few moderates.)

n2mm said:
I would think it will be very crowded during the weekend. That weekend they are taping the Christmas parade at MK. Availability at the resorts is almost non-existant. I tried for weeks to add another day to my AKL reservation (Monday the 5th) and can't get another day of the same accommodation/discount. There are some conventions going on and the big pop warner groups are coming in. (I guest the lots of folks for the taping, along with Regis and Kelly.) We went the second weekend in December last year (10-13) and had to wait 1 hour to get into MGM because the lines at the turnstiles were so long (had actually heard that MGM reached capacity that Saturday night). So I moved my trip to the first weekend this December and hoping it won't be as bad. We could barely move in EPCOT last year during the weekend. (We were at the tail-end of the Pop warner group last year and they were everywhere, but mostly at the value resorts and a few moderates.)

hmmmm this is very interesting. This is exactly what I stated in another thread and was told these groups dont have an effect on crowds

I completely agree with you though, all Disney resorts and dvc units have been sold out so theres obvioulsy going to be alot of people.

like you said theres pop warner football and cheers, the taping of the parade, and its the last day of Mousefest.

better stay away from the MK on Sat and plan ahead for the weekened in general

i have a stange feeling it is going to be crowded this year. there are aot of rooms rented this year. seems like everyone is saying that in every thread i read. but hey its vacation & you are in disney with x-mas decorations i will live with it

4mcbjCtr said:
We are going to be there November 29th - December 5th. Can you tell me what the crowds are like this time of year. Also, if you have been before during Christmas, what are some of the must not miss sites?

I would not miss seeing the GF's Gingerbread House, and the lobby of all of the DVC resorts, and don't forget the VWL's lobby which is beautiful in it's own right, not just because it's adjacent to WL!

Bobbi :flower:

bears163 said:
i have a stange feeling it is going to be crowded this year. there are aot of rooms rented this year. seems like everyone is saying that in every thread i read. but hey its vacation & you are in disney with x-mas decorations i will live with it

absolutely, we are heading down on the 2nd and couldnt be more excited. sometimes i actually like some crowds-depending on what we have planned. Its gives it that certain feeling of activity, excitement and liveliness.

thats just another reason I love dvc-we dont need to rush through and bombard the parks. We can take our time and actually take everything in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter