How busy the 1st week in December?

4mcbjCtr

Mouseketeer
We have a trip planned for 29 Nov - 5 Dec. What are the crowds like during this timeframe? Also, can you tell me any must see sites that are decorated for Christmas that we should see while there?

it is about avg...........night time is less busy. Everything is decorated........Make sure you go to all the DVC resorts and go see the GF lobby...................

4mcbjCtr said:
We have a trip planned for 29 Nov - 5 Dec. What are the crowds like during this timeframe? Also, can you tell me any must see sites that are decorated for Christmas that we should see while there?

The Osborne Family lights at MGM are not to be missed! :goodvibes

We have a family tradition to go to Disney World the week or two after Thanksgiving. I think it is the best time of the year.

Everyplace in the World is decorated. We love touring all the hotels. Yes the Grand Floridian is always beautiful, but I think they all have their own special flavor.

I have always thought the lines were very short. Usually the Monday-Tuesday after Thanksgiving are a little busy, but after that it seems like we can walk on just about anything.

I almost hate for others to discover this time of year. We own DVC and the points are low, the parks are beautiful, lines short, and we get out of the cold weather.

Please don't miss the "Candlelight Processional" at Epcot Center. It is my most beloved holiday treat. Unfortunately, I missed it last year and will miss it again this year. I think it helps to remind us all, in the most beautiful way, of the reason for the season.

I dont know I may be wrong but I think the crowds are going to be pretty large starting on Sat the 3rd. Possibly even Friday

DVC is sold out, no rooms available for points or cash, and all Disney Hotels are sold out for Sat night when we checked on Thursday.

Friday night doesnt look much better, think theres a couple of 1 bedroom villas left at SSR and BCV

The Dolphin and Swan had a lot available on both Friday and Sat night when we checked Thursday, now I believe theres only standard rooms left(ie no balcony)

From reading other boards, there are 3 major events going on that Sat-

Mousefest(I believe the last and usually biggest day),Pop Warner football & cheers, and they are taping the Christmas show at MK that day.

so I may be wrong but I would plan ahead starting that Sat

sjdisneywedding said:
I dont know I may be wrong but I think the crowds are going to be pretty large starting on Sat the 3rd. Possibly even Friday

DVC is sold out, no rooms available for points or cash, and all Disney Hotels are sold out for Sat night when we checked on Thursday.

Friday night doesnt look much better, think theres a couple of 1 bedroom villas left at SSR and BCV

The Dolphin and Swan had a lot available on both Friday and Sat night when we checked Thursday, now I believe theres only standard rooms left(ie no balcony)

From reading other boards, there are 3 major events going on that Sat-

Mousefest(I believe the last and usually biggest day),Pop Warner football & cheers, and they are taping the Christmas show at MK that day.

so I may be wrong but I would plan ahead starting that Sat

All those things were true last year, too, LOL! (And maybe in the years prior). We didn't have any trouble anywhere with crowds. I'm looking for the same thing this year.

Best wishes -

CarolMN said:
All those things were true last year, too, LOL! (And maybe in the years prior). We didn't have any trouble anywhere with crowds. I'm looking for the same thing this year.

Best wishes -

I hope its true then this year, too.

Mousefest is a great event but it hardly qualifies as "major". And though Pop Warner week is a major event, its effect on park attendance is minimal.

erikthewise said:
Mousefest is a great event but it hardly qualifies as "major". And though Pop Warner week is a major event, its effect on park attendance is minimal.

well maybe it doesnt equal other major events such as F&W and such, but fact is every Disney Hotel, including all DVC units, are sold out for Friday and Sat so maybe a better a way to put it is theres ALOT going on.

May not have too much of an effect but if I was going that week and was curious as to how crowds would be, I would want to know about all three of those events

I have to disagree with Pop Warner not having an effect. I ve been there a few times during this and some days can be very busy. not mid summer busy of course but you can see many small groups within given parks. they dont cause the park to seem to full, but they can really slow down some lines

You can't predict how crowded the parks will be by looking at on site resort occupancy. It's the off site occupancy and visits by locals that really determine park crowds. Even if every on site room is filled to the max allowed, it still wouldn't make the parks crowded if there weren't also large numbers of day guests expected.

This week in December may be busier than it has been if you compare it to the same week in years past, but it will be nowhere near the crowd levels that are normal for summertime, spring break or the holiday weeks.

Best wishes -

:teeth: We have been there a couple of times during that timeframe of Thanksgiving-Xmas. In general, the weekends are pretty busy, though not crowded, because the locals are coming to enjoy the amazing holiday stuff. And it is amazing.

Last year we were there when Pop Warner was there. Let me put it this way. The big thrill rides, (RnR, ToT, Soarin, TT, SM, etc.) will be FastPass only. If you get unlucky, you will be online with TONS of teens with no supervision. We were all teens once and you know how we were without supervision so you can imagine ;)

Having said all that, there is no way you won't absolutly LOVE it. Don't miss the Processional, and stop to listen to Father Christman in the UK. Bit if there is one thing to make sure you do, I think we would all agree on MVMCP. It is WDW at its best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter