How busy is DVC in mid May?

emilymad

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about taking a trip for a long weekend around May 11th. I feel like I am so behind since it is well within the 7 month window. Is May a popular time for DVC?

We haven't decided where to stay yet although leaning towards SSR. We will probably have to buy a few one time points since we have both a Friday and Saturday night stay. Unfortunately with our work schedules this can't be helped. I guess my ultimate question is can I book 4 nights now so I don't have to buy more points and then add the 5th night later? We have free flights that we haven't booked yet but we probably will be coming in Friday night. I am not sure it is going to be worth it to buy points to stay Friday night so we may just stay elsewhere.

You are right that it is relatively soon, but May is not considered a popular DVC time, and I'm guessing you'll get something, and it may be your first choice! I think you will be OK booking now and going for the last night later. I hope I'm right!:wizard:

We always travel at the end of May and so far have always gotten exactly what we wanted! I do call right at 7 months! Good luck. I think you will be fine but call and book soon!

We are going Mid May and when we called at the 7 month window BCV was not available but.....BWV Standard view and Boardwalk views were!!!! We have always been able to get a BWV standard view Studio or 1 bedroom at the 7 month mark. I would call sooner then later.

I called to check availabilty and we seem to have enough choices. No problems with SSR, BWV Preferred, or BLT Lake View. BCV was only available on some of our days. I was surprised to have so much available. I need to talk to DH tonight to get something booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter