HOw busy during Presidents weeK?

Rpsemont

DIS Veteran
How busy is Sea world during presidents week and how do they handle crowds? This will be our 6th trip to Orlando, but our first time at Sea Wold. Just trying to get an idea of what to expect. DH hates lines. Do they have a fastpass or FOTL feature?

I've never been during President's week. There is no system like Fast Pass at Sea World. However, if you get a Platnium Pass, yu can get ride again priviledges on Journey to Atlantis, Kraken, and Wild Arctic. You can also get perferred seating at the shows. You can also use the single rider's line on Journey to Atlantis, if it is open. If you have 5 1/2 hours and an extra $50 or so, you can take the Adventure Express and get priority seating at all the shows and front of the line access to the rides. It's like a guided tour.

I saw this posted earlier, what is it, how much does it cost, and can anyone get it. Pros/cons to it. Thanks. We are going beg. of Feb on Sunday so am hoping crowds will be light and I will be able to see everything with small lines. thanks

Don't think we want a Platinum Pass. This will be out first time in Orlando during anything that resembles a peak time. Do you think we should skip Sea world and wait and do it on a trip during a less busy time? Or just make sure we get there early and run to the best rides. Or I figure in couple years when DD is 10 or so we'll do the dolphin thing, so maybe we should just hold off on Sea Worl until then. If you go during less busy times, how are the lines on these rides?

I went on President's Day weekend 2 years ago. It is also the same weekend as the Daytona 500 which makes it a horrible time to go. When I went it was so crowded at MK they closed it to incoming guests at 2pm. Never again!

As far as Sea World, they only have 2 rides so it shouldn't be bad. Everything else is a show or exhibit. You may have to wait for the Wild Arctic Polar Bear exhibit, though.

during Presidents week. We did Discovery Cove on Presidents Day and then Sea World the day after. It was crowded but very managable. We did Universal and IOA that Sat and Sunday and it was packed... but again not that bad. We're going again this Presidents week.
Jenn

We went during President's week last year and didn't think it was all that busy. In fact, we chose Seaworld for Saturday and Sunday figuring it would be less crowded than the other parks over the weekend. One of the Shamu shows did fill to capacity, but since many shows hold so many people, it seemed that you could always get a seat as long as you arrive at least 10 minutes early.

They had a great event going on in mid-February last year called the BBQ & Beer Festival. There was a good buffet and free concerts at night. We saw Lee Greenwood one night and Grand Fund Railroad the next. The stands were only half full.

Atlantis and Kraken were a walk on every morning I've been there so arrive by 9 at do these first. Avoid Wild Arctic after the Shamu shows let out.

I think it is the perfect park to do on weekend when the other parks will be packed.

Take advantage of their fun card allowing a full year of visits for the price of one day's admission. It is difficult to see all of the shows at a leisurely pace in one day. They also have so many great dining options. It is nice to stop in just for a few hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter