How are the Jeep double strollers? Other suggestions?

Gillian

DIS Veteran
I am beginning to shop for a double stroller. I have no idea what I am really looking for, but one that will hold my older (2-3 yrs) infant carrier car seat would be great! I need it mostly for shopping. My older son will be 2 1/2 when the baby is born.

I'm looking at the Jeep tandem model. I like the stadium seating and that it says it holds most brands of infant carriers. I plan to test them out with my actual car seat (which I think is a century).

I've ruled out the Pegs (too heavy, too expensive) and the Eddie Bauer models. I'm interested in the Maclaren side by sides, but they are expensive too! Other than that, I'm open to ideas & would love to hear the pros & cons of any stollers you've tried!

Thank you! :)

I had the Combi Twin Savvy and I think it's the best double on the market!!! Now, it can't hold an infant carrier, but any stroller than can will be VERY heavy. I also didn't like the stadium seating strollers, since as the kids get older, the one in the back usually doesn't like it. The Combi is the smallest side by side on the market. It only weighs 18 lbs, folds up VERY small like an umbrella stroller, and it VERY comfortable. Each side is rates to carry 45lbs, so it will also last a long time. Each seat is also reclines fully, and the seats can "fold up" to contain an infant very securely. Here is a picture of one. I did a lot of research when I was looking for my double, and this one won out. Good luck in your seach. I also didn't mind taking out the baby out of his carseat to move him into the double, he was MUCH more comfortable in the stroller!!!! Here is a picture, if it works!!

7030-3.jpg

How far apart are your kids? I'm thinking that my 2 year old & an infant will not do well sitting next to each other!

We got the Jeep double stroller you mentioned for our trip last September. My DD was 2 and my DS was 10 weeks old. I'll start with the good :)

I bought it because I had an Evenflo infant seat and Evenflo doesn't make a double stroller. This stroller has a strap that attaches basically any carseat to the back seat. That was very convenient. The basket underneath is HUGE and the rear flap opens so that when the rear seat is reclined you can still get into the basket. The front seat has a play steering wheel that entertained my daughter for, oh... 10 minutes :)

The downside is it's VERY hard to maneuver. The heavier child always sits in the front on a double stroller which makes them harder to steer as a rule. But because this has front and rear suspension when you went to turn the stroller the suspension would move but not the stroller. It takes so much more extra effort to steer this thing. I'm not explaining this right, but it was a pain in the a$$ to move. My arms would ACHE after a day in the parks with this. I ended up only using it for that one trip, and bought a Graco dou-glider which I like MUCH better. It is so much easier to steer with both kids in it.

Hope this helps!

We have the Combi and love it. My children are 2 years apart and they loved sitting side by side. My older daughter loved to be able to entertain her sister. The only downside I found was that once my DD got older (close to 4) the stroller became difficult to manuever but she is very tall for her age. There is also not alot of storage for a diaper bag. We had a Cosco tandem stroller which I hated. I also tested several other brands and found them way too heavy to travel. Given the pros and cons, I would highly recommend the Combi. Although it is expensive, it is worth every penny. You do not have to pay full retail as some websites do offer it at a small discount. Sometimes you can find them on ebay also.

Without a doubt, I recommend the Graco Duo glider! It is an AWSOME double stroller. There are a few different models of it, and they come out with more all the time. They range from a $125 'discount store' version to the $250 (maybe more) travel system. If you have a Target near by, RUN there to see if they have one. They went on clearance to $30some dollars last week. -- The Target model is the 'department store' model and not the discount store model. It will be the same frame as the department stores. -- The newer department store models have nicer canopies (little net pockets on the sides and rain lining) and little cupholders on the trays and the 'specialty store' model has those things plus an adult cup holder.

You can see all the different models at www.gracobaby.com. Click on product and then on strollers.

Thanks for the info on the Graco! My local baby small baby store (where I decided on the Maclaren single) also reccommends those, even though they sell a lot of high end stuff.

I WISH I could run to Target, LOL, but we've got 6+ inches of snow on the ground right now, with more piling up every second. I have an OB appointment at 11. Not sure if we'll be able to make it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter