How about a couple of EPIC quickies? DRs, that is! update 8/6 - Festival and Territory Lounge

totally brown breakfast:

xDKtqIP.jpg

I approve. Brown food is my favourite.

:love:

Kari, you definitely win for Photoshop Queen!

Congrats on the new home! I remember being a total wreck too. My advice is to take whatever time frame anyone gives you and double it lol. Takes FOREVER.

giphy.gif

Drunk Cinderella! My spirit animal! Was my boyfriend working at La Cava???

NEVITlm.jpg

Where I apparently decided to undertake creation of a photography opus dedicated to the World's best slush: LA VIE EN ROSE (not that the traitor @ariane37 will enjoy my piece de resistance but I am posting it anyway)

Portrait mode was MADE for Festival drink shots. This is top notch!

T2eR0s2.jpg

Well this is gorgeous!! Almost worth leaving WDW for :)

Just before the trip, I was checking Priceline express deals and found what I was sure was the Beach Club. At the time, we were planning to stay offsite. After some discussion and encouragement from the husband, we pulled the trigger - and, sure enough - our “secret” deal was the Beach Club!! Cue happy dance.

:banana:

Don’t hate me, but our rate was $255 a night. Plus I was able to use a 10% off coupon! Double happy dancing.
Always awesome when you get to do a last minute trip that way!

Such a cute photo! So bright and cheerful!

Disney comes across to me as probably trying too hard with the festival merch this year (you can’t just make a fad happen out of sheer willpower, Disney)
I agree! Last year I got a bunch. This year I got a couple pins, but no shirts, etc.

We settled on the Northern Bloom, where we each tried the Griddled Maple Pound Cake with Warm Peach Compote and Sweet Corn Gelato featuring Burton’s Maple Syrup ($4.50). As I said, I’m not much into corn, but this gelato and pound cake was yummy-noises-worthy. The peaches were unfortunately underripe but the cake was fine without them.
Mmm, that gelato! I love it so much!

It was an impressive burger! But remains dethroned by the following “Melinda’s Best Burger on Disney Property Award” winners (tm)

1.) the Boathouse classic cheeseburger (also $2 less than this one at $18)
2.) Homecoming’s “the Art burger” (also $2 less)
3.) yak and yeti Kobe beef burger ($20)
I will have to keep that in mind for the future!

Gratuitous MK photos that have nothing to do with eating follow... I had purchased a new "toy" for the trip so I was having a ball taking photos with my new Olloclip wide angle lens that you can attach to your cell phone for a wider field of vision in photos.
They look awesome! I assume the Olloclip can't really fit on a phone that has a normal case, right? I always keep my phone in an otterbox because I'm such a klutz. If it wasn't for that case, I would have wrecked my phone multiple times!

Somehow I got my replies out of order so I am really sorry if I missed anyone. In real life news, we have been looking for a house and we found one this week and are under contract! So if I ghost you guys at any point, rest assured, I'm coming back, we are just super excited but a little overwhelmed with the prospect of buying our first house and moving.
How exciting!

Lady and the Tramp topiaries had a different home this year than in past years

YafsXFw.jpg
I'm not sure how much I liked that location. Makes a nice photo with blue sky, but you also couldn't get up close to it.

you could go with the BEST OPTION and have Ample Hills scoop you up a flight...

oO7ZyR0.jpg
Those are some big scoops!

Ohhhh hello, I will absolutely be tuning in for a Melinda report!!

I’m pretty famous here on the boards for starting ambitious reports and abandoning them halfway through

I have full confidence that you will return to those forsaken TRs and finish them (RIGHT?)

This is a dang look!

Don’t hate me, but our rate was $255 a night. Plus I was able to use a 10% off coupon! Double happy dancing.

That's amaaazing, way to deal sleuth!

The rooms look so fresh, bright, and clean!

Here we enjoyed the Carne Guisada with Black Bean Cake and Cilantro Lime Sour Cream – $6.25. This was my favorite dish again at this year’s festival.

Oh I loved this! And I read some not great reviews about it at the beginning. Haters.

Wow, Flower and Garden is just the prettiest festival

Disney comes across to me as probably trying too hard with the festival merch this year

I hated all of it. Whereas in previous years I've loved all of it. Why'd they focus so much on that violet lemonade?!

WOWWOW. (how long did you sit there and wait for a monorail?)

Though I gotta say, Disney, these are hideous.

They usually have incredible arrangements but this is... not good.

Speaking of salad ($12) this is my half of the Caesar Salad, which the kitchen split for us:
Crisp Romaine, Parmigiano Reggiano, Coppa Secca, Focaccia Croutons

Looks good, but I still don't understand the trend of wedge salads.

It was an impressive burger! But remains dethroned by the following “Melinda’s Best Burger on Disney Property Award” winners (tm)

1.) the Boathouse classic cheeseburger (also $2 less than this one at $18)
2.) Homecoming’s “the Art burger” (also $2 less)
3.) yak and yeti Kobe beef burger ($20)

It looks super good! have you been to D-luxe? I was very impressed with it!

This is so cute! Super weird that the CM wouldn't let you do a photo with just Minnie. Wish I had done this!

I keep going back for Sleepy Hollow waffles imagining them to be as good as Mickey waffles but they're just never crisp and I don't love the weird chewy texture.

The first one I tried there was out of this world! But I've been disappointed ever since. That first once was nice and crunchy with a soft interior and the perfect amount of nutella. Ever since then they've been mushy with way too much nutella.

In real life news, we have been looking for a house and we found one this week and are under contract!

Eek, that's so excited! I hope when things settle down you'll share some photos with us!

Where I apparently decided to undertake creation of a photography opus dedicated to the World's best slush: LA VIE EN ROSE

I mean, this is false, because the original lemon flavor is obviously the best!

Finally made my way here partner!

"Give me a little intro there, Gomer...."

:love: Love me some County Bears

our “secret” deal was the Beach Club!!

Wow what a great deal!

we had some drama with the door and our magic bands

This seems to be a theme lately in a lot of TRs. Glad I haven't had any MB issues lately.

there weren’t any toiletries in our room so I called for extra coffee k cups and to get toiletries and we got a stinking boatload of them! Score!!!

That's a lot of toiletries! It's nice to see that some places still do the Mickey towel heads.

Grey Goose Vodka Orange, St. Germain Liqueur, White and Red Cranberry Juice

Yum! I will say I love this one but I also love the lemon one they sell regularly.

Sarah had purchased the festival scavenger hunt map so we walked around the world showcase at our leisure enjoying the views and hunting for bees.

Jackie and I had a lot of fun doing this hunt in May but I will say it was way too easy compared to some of the other hunts I've done.

and I turned around to notice my bra on prominent display

:blush: :rotfl:

Gratuitous MK photos that have nothing to do with eating follow.

There are never too many MK photos even if this is a dining report.

I don't know if I will ever grow old enough that meeting Minnie Mouse is not a big deal.

I hope I never do either. For me though, it's usually Pluto that gets me super excited.

Of course we had to go sing along with my favorite bears

Of Course. I did this one twice in May.

In real life news, we have been looking for a house and we found one this week and are under contract!

Yay! Congrats! Let me know when you are ready to start looking for that second dog. :D

(is it even a festival if you don't photograph your food on a trash can?)

Nope - It's a rule that at least one dish must be eaten on top of a garbage can.

And I took this picture to document how long the line was to get the specialty cotton candy at the China booth

That's crazy for what amounts to a bag of sugar!

Ample Hills scoop you up a flight...

Yum! I've only made it there once before but man I want some of the dark chocolate right now.

You're forgiven! :hug: Glad you made it! Tag me if you start a report (when school gets out?) so I am sure to see it!
I was thinking about it today. I need to add to my PTR since we are leaving in 5 days and I haven't posted a thing about our plans. And I'm definitely doing a TR for this trip. So I'm not sure if I will do one for May. I'm just not doing well with updating (still haven't finished March) so I may just have to live vicariously through all of you! But I'll let you know if I change my mind. lol
Oh girl, that is nothing. We show up at rope drop half the time! Explanation:
1.) no kids
2.) holding it with the exception of our beloved Exit 18
3.) really hate driving in traffic and there is none at 2:00 am!
I would totally die.
Oooh that sounds good, I will have to look for that one next time... whenever that is :sad:
Well...I have heard a rumor.... ;)
I have a feeling I know how this is going to go... :duck:
:crazy:

In real life news, we have been looking for a house and we found one this week and are under contract! So if I ghost you guys at any point, rest assured, I'm coming back, we are just super excited but a little overwhelmed with the prospect of buying our first house and moving.
I already said this but it is worth repeating...CONGRATS!
we remarked that we needed to stop into Rose and Crown more often as they accept Tables in Wonderland at the bar.
Good to know...
I've since learned that this item is very dish-specific as to whether it's good, based on how fresh your serving is. This one was particularly hot, fresh, and tasty.
I was fortunate to get it very fresh then, because mine was great!
Don't worry though, we redeemed ourselves to our sweet teeth at the next beeth booth:

NEVITlm.jpg

Where I apparently decided to undertake creation of a photography opus dedicated to the World's best slush: LA VIE EN ROSE
So glad I finally was able to try this...a few times.... :)
(not that the traitor @ariane37 will enjoy my piece de resistance but I am posting it anyway)
:rotfl2:
Of course we ordered the bread service, which is served with all breads and all dips for $17

656ZyRf.jpg
Always my choice at Sanaa.....
Cause shrimp are best enjoyed with the actual Steve
Untitled.png
:rotfl2:This is so good!
Yes and unfortunately a rainy muggy day must mean rainy muggy fried green tomatoes since mine sucked. Ooh is that allowed here? Mine stunk? :D
I'm glad I grabbed mine earlier that day before the rain because it was great. Sorry yours sucked...I mean, stunk...lol.
Please remember you have old folk reading your report and refrain from using newfangled language like OLLO CLIP. Is that another one of those things you kids do now like instabook? Skype-streaking?
I was wondering the same!

How exciting!!! That's so great, you guys!!

We are so excited! The closing is Friday if everything goes to plan!

This is the 2nd time today I've read about this. I had no idea before and the next time I stay at Boardwalk, I'm doing this!
When you go with your kids this fall I am sure it will be prime ice cream weather! Maybe you can slip in a stop-off after some DHS time!

Excellent trip report so far. Glad you decided to continue with sharing the cruise portion!
Thank you! I wasn't sure everyone would enjoy it so I decided just to make it short and sweet but it really was a week of wonderful dining so it was hard not to share!

Up next: a quick dining report on 5 out of 6 of the Dole Whip options. Minus mango because mango is gross in all forms. Smells delicious as an additive to laundry detergent tho. Spoiler alert: the other Dole Whips are delicious.
Wait what?! They have mango dole whip?! *Scuttles off to google my options*

Fallon and I cycled though Stacey J and Must Do Disney 1.6 times in your honour.
This is the highest honour I have ever achieved!

1. Congrats on your place! Remember that boxes are cheapest at Home Depot so use that savings to get someone else to carry said boxes.

2. Fancy Grandma is my kinda lady.

3. HOW WAS I UNAWARE OF THIS ICE CREAM FLIGHT?!? PROBABLY TGE SAME WAY I WAS UNAWARE I TURNED CAPS LOCK ON. For real though, I didn’t know about the Ample Hills flight. Should’ve asked for that in my wedding suit. Missed opportunity for sure.

4. What’s your favourite bread service sauce? Mine’s the hottest one for the first 6-8 hours and then it becomes the cilantro one.
1. Not only that, we got some FREE home depot boxes from friends who just moved! Score, double cheap. And yes, someone else will be schlepping our boxes and furniture for us. 95 degree + weather does not lend itself to moving on our own!

2. Mine too!

3. Okay, you and your capslock self need to get over to Ample Hills and straighten out this travesty!

4. Mine is the coriander chutney, then the spicy jalapeno hottest one, the tomato date jam, and the garlic pickle, the others are for when I run out of the good stuff or my mouth catches ablaze.

Cause shrimp are best enjoyed with the actual Steve
Untitled.png
This will never not make me cackle! Best photoshop ever.

What a difference a Sunday and no thunderstorm make. That place was INSANE while we were there!

Yes it was! Not to mention that Minnie Mouse line was basically in the same spot as this photo was taken. Yikes. I do like the fact that they are doing more inside the Odyssey though.

Love how you weren't planning on doing a dining report yet you still took this gorgeous picture :P
What can I say, I'm conditioned now to take pictures of all my food even if they come out pathetically terrible!!!

And I shall neither confirm nor deny the existence of my cane flask... :P

YAY congratulations and best of luck through the process

Thank you so much! We're *almost* there! Our mortgage has been totally approved so we are just waiting to close (and for the sellers to move out :oops: they are leasing back from us for 9 days)

I Love R's shirt
Me too! I love all of that Shag line of stuff - it's called "A Wretched Hive"

I should have told one of the famous bloggers who were around that day that Steve from "Steve's shrimp" was in the park; hey I wonder if our friend Ronny the blogger was there that day? He could have said he actual spoke to Steve from "Steve's shrimp" way back when........
You know, I joined that group and I don't see that he's really a big deal :duck: Steve, on the other hand, at least I can say "I knew him way back when"

Yes and unfortunately a rainy muggy day must mean rainy muggy fried green tomatoes since mine sucked. Ooh is that allowed here? Mine stunk? :D
Looks like "sucked" made it through the filter ;) Weird how they were so hit or miss. But they're always a hit at Homecoming!

Please remember you have old folk reading your report and refrain from using newfangled language like OLLO CLIP. Is that another one of those things you kids do now like instabook? Skype-streaking?
giphy.gif

I don't think I've ever been accused of being a whippersnapping young kid but I'll take it. Olloclip is a nifty lens attachment you can clip onto your phone to take fancier photos.

Consider it payback for the onion rolls, sister!

I deserve that...

Congratulations on buying your first house!!! That's so exciting! Loving your cruise food pics! Thanks so much for sharing them!
Thank you! We are thrilled. Glad you enjoyed the cruise photos! Hopefully one day I will actually write a whole report.

Congratulations on your first house! That is so major!!!
Thank you! We are super excited. These last couple of weeks waiting for the closing and waiting on the sellers to move out is becoming torturous!

Good tip on TiW at Rose & Crown! I haven’t even made it into the Odyssey Center yet this festival. The fried green tomato was on my list so maybe next time. May need to hit La Cava too before it becomes too crowded during F&W and the line snakes all the way up the ramp to the pavilion entrance. I’ve only had the guacamole there... need to try the queso!
Oh yes, I feel like La Cava's dips are totally underrated. Most people just stop there for a margarita to go (not that I blame them, that's always a good idea) but it's a great place to also get a nice cold water and a heavy snack to help you power through a trip around the world. Their queso is the nice pedestrian creamy, buttery, liquid cheese heaven that I crave. (Versus the queso fundido from San Angel Inn which is like melted shredded cheese)

Somehow, I still haven’t tried Sanaa. This is a top priority for me to fix ASAP. How big is their lounge?
It's a decent size! Maybe 7 or so seats at the bar, plus a couple of tables at the banquette (we are usually able to grab one of these) and then a high-top table that probably seats about 10, so often there are multiple groups sharing it.

You've definitely got to check it out! It's just very low key and tranquil with good food and great service.

Your cruise photos look great. I’ve never been on a cruise. I’d be ALL about the food but that photo of the pool :crowded:
It's funny, we didn't dip so much as a pinky toe in that pool so it didn't bother me. I think I took that photo while they were doing some kind of contest at the pool so it was very busy. We only swam (lounged?) in the adult pool, which was a major selling feature. It was rarely busy, and when it was, it was just adults like us who were cooling off with a drink and a dip in the pool.

Congrats on the new digs!!!! I am super excited for you and R!!!!
Thank you so much, the countdown is on! The first day we could potentially move in is June 24 but I'm not sure when we're planning to move. We're still madly packing... and purging...

Yes, this brings back awesome memories...Food, drink, company...

Gosh that makes me nostalgic already lol! I am ready to do it again. Say, are you free over independence day?

I LOVE all your food/cruise pics. The one of you and R with the red/white leaf print top is absolutely stunning!!!:love:
Thank you, we had a FABULOUS time!

I quoted a whole bunch of stuff and waited to long to add them in.

All of the food on the cruise looked amazing... The picture of the crowded pool didn't make me want to cruise....
I hate when that happens!

Yeah, I honestly did not even notice how crowded the pool was since we had no intention of getting into it! We just stopped by to watch the entertainment for a minute before we went on to lunch - the Royal Caribbean ships have an adults-only area that we spent most of our time in. Shockingly, we did not have a problem finding chairs in the adult area or up on deck in the sun!

The picture of Steve and Shrimp... HILARIOUS!!!!

Congrats on buying a house! That is so exciting!!! Stressful but exciting.
I know, that Steve picture had me rolling on the floor.

The stressful part of the house is only beginning I think... packing is no fun at all!

Yay! How incredibly exciting, and also stressful, I'm sure. Congrats! Sending lots of love and well-wishes to you and R in your house-owning journey!
Thank you so much friend. I can use all the good vibes right now as we try to pack all of this junk that somehow we amassed in our tiny condo over the last five years. How does all this stuff fit in here?!

At least we have a full attic at the new house. And a shed!

:eek::eek: Really!? I'm shook.
I know, it's so funny, I start to expect certain "landmarks" at the festivals. Then if they move a booth location or a topiary or something I feel so bereft!

Woah! Had no idea this was a thing! N would love this. Maybe if his family ends up visiting WDW again in the near future, I'll send them all here :)
I hope this catches on! If I remember it's not even on the menu. But totally worth asking for!

Hmmm, that is good to know! I am still considering buying a TiW card for our trip this summer.
It is always a math game to make sure we'll break even but with the number of trips we typically take in a year, it works out. Plus then it allows me to actually order that nice glass of wine or the extra appetizer, knowing that I'm getting 20 % off ;)

That looks great! I wanted to try this but literally could not eat one more thing!
That's always the problem isn't it? I have to mark what I'd like to eat either on my phone or in a passport so I make sure I pace myself!!!

Two scoops each of six flavours???? That is a Disney bargain!
They're mini scoops, but to give you an idea of the amount of ice cream those "flight" containers are actually a cute little egg carton for 6 eggs. Once when we were there they hadn't removed the stickers so we learned of the containers' intended purpose.

Beach Club hot tubs really do vary in temperature.
I think this one must have been recently filled or something as the next day it was a lovely warm temperature! We like to soak our tired feet in the hot tubs, but only if they're actually warm, haha!

Congratulations on buying your first house!!!! :) We bought our house the week before we got married...we were 23 and 24 years old and had no idea what we were doing. I'm kind of glad we did it that way. I'd be more scared out of my mind now!!!
You know, fear hasn't set in yet. Except fear of needing to pack all our junk up. I am just more excited than anything! I would have died of anxiety if I'd been trying to manage the house buying, moving, and wedding stuff all at once!

Love all of your pictures, and probably shouldn't have looked at them while I'm STARVING!

On an unrelated to food note, you and R take the cutest pictures :)
I know, I always love reading dining reports to relax and decompress but they make me so HUNGRY! And then I end up rearranging all my plans after I read a particularly favorable review... haha

And thank you for the sweet comment. I just don't post the less cute ones ;)

Love, love, LOVE all your photos (especially the one of the two of you on the cruise ship). That sushi looks amazing!
:flower3::flower3::flower3: Thank you! We had such a wonderful, relaxing time. And the food was amazing! I bet your boys would like Royal Caribbean, there's a ton of stuff that looked good for kids (and a ton of stuff we loved as older kids too!)

:rotfl:I'm sad I missed out on the Shrimp Party, I think we were looking for Donald Duck in Mexico on the Grand Fiesta Tour at the time?
I don't know, that day was such a dang blur! Since our together-fun didn't really begin until the Germany area, I must have just blacked out the rest of the time ;)
Ok, how did I not know about this? Darn, now I need to plan another trip to WDW just so I can try this!
Isn't that always the case?! Plus, you know, Luke needs to try the ice cream flights at Ample Hills, so I am wondering how long you guys can truly stay away...
Is it possible to go to Saana and not order the bread service?!
I've certainly never been able to manage it!!!

Drunk Cinderella! My spirit animal! Was my boyfriend working at La Cava???
You know, I don't think I saw him, but I've never been there before when he WASN'T there, usually behind the bar making the magic! Our server was not the beloved Pepe, so it was just so-so.

Portrait mode was MADE for Festival drink shots. This is top notch!

Yes! I am so glad I finally upgraded. Too bad I never post anything on instagram so my disfriends are the only ones who ever get to see my art ;)

I agree! Last year I got a bunch. This year I got a couple pins, but no shirts, etc.

So, when we went in late March there were a bunch of different pins and things and I only got the cute Figment tervis tumbler because I'm not much of a pin person. But later when we went together for the Epic trip I decided I wanted to get a pin for a friend and asked to see the options, and the lady looked at me like I'd grown three heads! They'd sold out of the other choices but I had to explain that they'd had more before she even offered that the others were sold out :confused3 Anyway, my wallet is glad that I have been able to say "no" lately!!!

They look awesome! I assume the Olloclip can't really fit on a phone that has a normal case, right? I always keep my phone in an otterbox because I'm such a klutz. If it wasn't for that case, I would have wrecked my phone multiple times!
It does NOT fit with a regular case, and like you, my mantra is Otterbox all the time... so I just pop my case off and pop the Olloclip on very carefully when I am ready to take photos. It is a little cumbersome but better than having a broken phone and definitely easier than lugging my big DSLR around like I used to do. So it's my set up for the time being!

I'm not sure how much I liked that location. Makes a nice photo with blue sky, but you also couldn't get up close to it.
Yeah, me either. I wonder if there were too many people waiting in line for photos and clogging up the walkway? I never saw a photopass photographer there this year but I could see that being a cute PP setup also.

Thank you so much! I’m a lucky Mama, my kids are pretty great! :) I also hope our trips overlap again sometime!

YES!!!

Congrats on the new house!

Thank you!!! We are very excited!

Ohhhh hello, I will absolutely be tuning in for a Melinda report!!
WELCOME KARA! I am still super bummed we didn't get to hang out... like at all... in May.

I have full confidence that you will return to those forsaken TRs and finish them (RIGHT?)
Ummm yessss? :p

That's amaaazing, way to deal sleuth!
It's pretty much my new favorite pastime. It is so satisfying to narrow it down and get a deal! We just got POFQ for $103 per night!!

WOWWOW. (how long did you sit there and wait for a monorail?)
*just* as we were giving up to walk away, we heard that gorgeous and telling whoosh begin from behind us over near Test Track so we dashed back to resume our posts and clicked away!!!

They usually have incredible arrangements but this is... not good.

So clearly (other than being the next Stacey J. Aswad) I have found my Disney dream job - I could be such a great floral designer for them!!

It looks super good! have you been to D-luxe? I was very impressed with it!
We have, but it's apparently been too long. We will have to add that to the list of possible dining choices when we stay at POFQ this summer. We need a re-review!!!

This is so cute! Super weird that the CM wouldn't let you do a photo with just Minnie. Wish I had done this!
I mean, I get it when they want to preserve the character integrity or whatever so I wasn't too bummed, I just felt a little that I'd committed a faux pas by asking, which is silly in the grand scheme of things. Maybe you'll be back before they resume their normal outfits?!

I mean, this is false, because the original lemon flavor is obviously the best!
Okay, okay, the *best* flavor is probably the one in hand at the time you're surveyed... but to be honest, I'm not sure I've had the lemon one. DEFINITELY remedying that next time!

Finally made my way here partner!

:love: Love me some County Bears
Yay glad to have you here... and a mutual love of the Country Bear Jamboree is the base of any good partnership, right? :laughing:

This seems to be a theme lately in a lot of TRs. Glad I haven't had any MB issues lately.
We didn't have any problems in May either, but I did not try any of my older Magic Bands on the door that time, so I think that's the secret.

Yum! I will say I love this one but I also love the lemon one they sell regularly.
Kara said that too! I don't think I have had the lemon one. I know I have had the Grand Marnier one but I'm going to have to try the Citron next time.

There are never too many MK photos even if this is a dining report.
Glad to know that you agree! I can't help myself :)

Of Course. I did this one twice in May.
We even met some Bears in May but it's still at the top of my list for our July trip!

Yay! Congrats! Let me know when you are ready to start looking for that second dog. :D
You know I will. Did that sweet boy you told me about find a home yet?

Yum! I've only made it there once before but man I want some of the dark chocolate right now.
Oh now I would like some too even if it's horrible icky storm weather and not really ice cream weather this weekend.

Well...I have heard a rumor.... ;)
Funny how we have absolutely NO self restraint huh ;)

I already said this but it is worth repeating...CONGRATS!
THANK YOU!!!

Good to know...
You can also use TiW at the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge and of course you guys know about Spice Road Table now...

One more brief non-Disney post before we get to the Epic goodness!

April 6-7, 2019: Universal Orlando "welcome hooooome... you've arriiiiiiiived...."

To soften the blow of leaving our cruise, we’d booked a night at Universal’s Portofino Bay Resort to visit our other happy place. Those of you who aren’t interested in Universal can skip this post! Sorry!

We had a fairly uneventful drive from Tampa back to Orlando and arrived around 11:00 at Universal. We checked in, stored our luggage with bell services, and headed out to the parks. Of course, basically as soon as we got on a boat to Citywalk I got our room ready text! Oh well, no problem.

QeKQBliuulj7zXYIYJWfSiErwLnDEo7Vg-MgqlvB866K2NFpiyU8wacyNeTM0K-qjlFWIeVkhdVSgFSRs_Esp3XT9LTumY_zwFZZMYymWticCR8Up3O0_FRNrhBrgSQHe9DOhk7llGg92a9wUJ3O_H4mVFFsl4X6ACnvKk_9xKP-LvH_6YK8q4h6tOH_Fpi0UMmfnoS36o0GazvJRy3s3GtieFCpwN8BmOPYXIgMUhimfLxu44YSbHbFa0JDm_FgabLA2ohhSJSS3G3CrtN3vF4SSV0wd-NtMbaaNZlk5CB6OZUq8SfF7hS9HE9eJATp_d5hIzi06A-B4Idl_rwOkVq2XtZ4CK8lgWkGG-DT-b3P7RFRI-EpAaSVRZgAw07GAGIL-CTtHW8S81AvFjySd5yLlU5OlrAyjoWukDtUj5KzvIaTEQAVmEHLrI2sUOOVn_STn8Xo04SvX_luaQcc5zYOHh_5elL_GUiVOhh0WVmHLLyBTcnz4ecAG-a3WjPA6MjdSjHtACcmBT410t21-paVCsr9gH4SXsJTyQ4mXjmCNgOU6C8SoNGvs0CEPcOc9EqxJJ3peJ25nbOTNlMRiBIushiVZC-IO9vdA07Z18YqvDro-1unb1ELn8rhNJfn1is1KB9EmKukNECCKIOx1UGeOQhym-5cnzvwjEho-VhVNw4emfA0Ws4C4KPzj9Xhs3DYaLGCFuBbBtbDkSJF81bxQg=w1204-h903-no

qP8p0UxK9bYQ9T30FK5aGC1-fYLYga4H6bQjuhMtXRmpPceqlCofJH8ZiojdcI25qoDNW0Hp--1AvC5mMmn2kKm-Oy-6ShMmFJI7kpyGB473xp7TV9s0KcNVFQ19o57mNaPvVLv2JJiR2fvQkkFthgrRvalpT9iwP6RzraLI2o9QoQ6XxpJKKjCQlr0DJkqPJl17qmy2bXqRkR5kPEWim48989YZn0Tr5Dw-R-AfRT2B3Vico8cuairH3nSBL1J1wlu2bccFUGKXpx225R9gkhbQEBYJ_8Bq5zX6TrrsOh5PGhnIZdLQ0mdUX4pjeAhs9ZGXwuUT9kohUdi6EqZOpuDwvOLPRyT3XsvPgs73Fv_x92GUcl4Xd1rzCWDcvXdiq_9vx9RbsKmt12KXoRF4l_6rN3hFJo1JXukiucWz5VG3p05vDJraxp0Fxwpc6GNcmtHvkqAmUJTTbxmdgZSbEh3Ux7Ulus8ubxbFPTI_AHQOFIKcUUDOO3zGgoURznUF2PzXd6jG9tgfhVbVw5owD-EMqXi0x9TfjzFcsoo_qds6kd6uWMwXlUmvv6WZKYoxbPA3WCGsjwHerpszh9s_x_sepf_aJH6GZTOQjy2aob3iXtcMqrZYhSu3LUeCCIi70MPKqlM_N0V7jdJNKMkMlo3Nlg2eUlJpFzL0QYO5SFF3RpG8yyz7VLs2ACHZrNY3Pl7mPuUNBxNPJ9t3uTwBE4vnmA=w1204-h903-no

We were headed into Universal Studios at 11:55 am. I don’t remember exactly which attractions we experienced this day - for sure we rode ET as it’s my favorite for nostalgia reasons. I feel sure we must have ridden Escape from Gringott’s as well because we love that ride and now that it has Express Pass we hardly ever miss the chance to do the Harry Potter attractions.

Kmn9UeqQv4fdyAvutvjiKFyROUou0n_EdN84RsF4bz5JY803pKg2NTT-Q8RkOgh_MFFGK5pZVyayGN_wZvQyHIcgg85lmTxHlxd5JOM4L9U8pXsqkGjcoQSR_3Mjz0UZerNFKp6jUUjRGJOjM7E7261IODBqYaY7EjoAiXOCePM_KdS3guCleDiZWCrEtFVCU_xIDz38jCv-5SBGaY7aTuq6keut3zRVrANJOMKI74qA_QFZaB1OegKJiLZpKeZHaOlX9sQfR1u7HhgUMJTolcdazrOkkvy7sjk-D0rMAMpaBxKsA6ANce7sOfwCjjKV3ZadDCkCEtGgI3R89ItZ950yJ_rkd2r7QN4dzJ3xch5r4ytFSZsql0J7AMUQ1mW6amtjolI4vEeL3wgF4XhSrlj9e5_BuG3ejI1ACxR2UrJ3MuBXwDQuRaEekMZc2vFrE60dU52i0xxDDGGRWkTh0c33_2qTw3T1mqKgwA6UrGkKeu0Db6wWBF11Bnyfjm8QLibNdX_C_TRPHpXYXiDkmDFcUhKtKPjQcSOy7afJ1d29QzHNcO1glGXFKi-F5DvzP9C2tDKGxlgo8ftzROju5358PeEBNlSLOwgZ08uKwzWwdon-H-MCG_Br-8ibCmKQY9GcUtvqdcPlBMOzybyo_njh-cHcLo4Ic0JUaiTZWfIF-qy447ogDsQXIYZv0E4FeI1_yBd__1ahAZTLRviZc4dXdA=w1204-h903-no

After a few hours of fun in the parks, we headed back out to Citywalk for lunch. We opted to get something to eat at NBC Sports Grill and Brew, which always seems to be a solid choice since there’s rarely much of a wait and they have a nice selection of draft beers.

2rZvDerc_S797hn65-mkqjsD-_GrlyULtZd1HbWit6vejqA0xCfa2kzsLJ-mMOgAM7gsvNdIyCUIfRuId5i5_3162b7q7LMKxnFS46nN9cXlN-fQ4u2w-IGZzLWK45DXNVsSDV2rt9T-vpDFTmXUJbz9fZ5GJqLzoxvVkvfPLC2lzT9qfnO-XD9ZqzQn66lhPuId4RwpvPJRaP_mJ4pEIIJTFECzlMZ4Jsz35GOkMKbSBEvDxmTXO0bsTF7LAfR-NjrtMVyK_vm-bascpr2hKx-VHgWGxWXZi6uJR1YPB-bJuuYIVhg2qIIrZDPGDAf92vg7M4-psux21V7xg2bSiBkF5h9-hFori2ihPrj1Xrv059QJXXliVMLVD4jy_5SYNFIIxSi0T4NzyoEBChWzdB7NxvZ-FuKDQj0RkYVLPd_Z4hjg-PJiQ9hBPugD5bDbVe6Zvu0Z4wLsVPRqHv8SM6vpf0qTxArgfoo0xebObPN2xe3qNH41G-wInP4DO54_Nc8ouJDKWILvkkEmIm_ThHRv_Lr_DiL7UDXA-CFBiITEt0YjTNVsYtsPb7VvoUPNXTaL6T7wNRzvmx7YN4KZvimDDABBPpRWDMycN27po4XR6Qhqwgzth9WJ2ziJGbICmZwLYoJFfnszNXOiMbW9YJBQtU6zeerHZyWUelb5nXqf4hbYV-vmGxsnq7w5zbCfPZTnuSRFMG8MGjBOnbCq8YLsSQ=w1204-h903-no

We were surprised by some menu changes and disappointed that the Nachos were now chili nachos rather than chicken as were previously available ("Loaded Chili Nachos" Chili with beans, white queso, aged cheddar, sour cream, scallions, pico de gallo, guacamole, tomatoes, jalapeños - $14.95 but HUGE). We shared the nachos and a simple burger with tater tots ("Simple Burger" Choice of cheese, lettuce, tomato, toasted brioche bun -$13.95) and each also had a pint of the Key West Sunset ale ($9 each).

v3ZEI1A14__F9ry_-aXBIzeyK4lP_L8YxxUw08CKcSAj4QvEzrWT1UQllzfqY1XLjVxvjvXd5Op5bEuplCeilRIMVo0SIIfF1Q3C5Od20txZRpA_CNjnbc93fUVA9B0L_hUbp6jYbFk5Ex5-LA1SyGKQTbLulOMyYvFNHfjORrLcIJuwWRzft3KJ2E1RYsJ8V_qMCYXsssdKsFwr5KSFZos9yql5YOlzhDpYS3pRZmRxiNjp8RPhzjd6PTluozY3LNlZU0Drk1fnX8xc5jILsBPvF-uF0NU-9ieLAiNvXaYBMGg0SVd8iX_Sgedj3xhe5LNgSI_7z-MY76IXplXYX2J_QfCntY4OiBTyo1hAohCzX7lrohC0nrxgXYa70n4Rm21dcXA38Rmk9s1uxXRBjLM9w2IhyZWvJI2xO35WKGpbspv2-4yuEHnw4X6Y1CwNmPZEdIQ0BNdOPZsjXHhxTUuGRYkfWJWMegFox7J0FEoN2D_Spl_fcXKZME4G_cn02CKBxsk-0hxo2PfkmMw9TzXQ2Vxa1xXkGKTMLjrs3mb6x-b55FyFHm9OxKcFaKqjhfVER_f7F8-t4GE8g08VD0m9wyrF1-mmbnD7GTeNDMooBBPw8ydq4ETopYveMx9RmIvj5Blp82Ogjn26KQME2kbwqrb8KvPk7zeIR-nRc1CdK_uBWsefb3ktDiiOh4N8cHrcrmT87TLDv-61B82V0Hmvdg=w1204-h903-no

Our food was fine - nothing to write home about this time, but filled us up and the restaurant gave us an air conditioned place to relax. Our neighbors in the next booth, however, were a couple of Universal team members who were loudly complaining about work stuff - they appeared to be management types and I was frankly shocked by the loud kvetching in easy earshot of guests all around. It put a bit of a damper on our meal, truth be told. I’m sure we’ll be back but we’ll probably return to other of our favorites at Citywalk first. Our bill came to $49.95 before gratuity.

TWzRTkAwFTvCRFLrj8M5sGBLQsBlj8wpjABuO_ArxfPU67m0YfMoTZaSxCoatTCB_7e8ggZEPtbcBuNgtKWYCQuB0teTfQ26UfupT_Mn3AxyOFcxMMS_aM0T3SbFcv32_GvZJxEn2x9DCMye4vDW2JYT9WN_jZdHt1w-GUGv0X9kAxx-b6pMtIF8V_hvz5juqYGPLLbcHv2BAEccpavBoFZ83Udg1omHHsK0mEQr4d0fornJwW5dgO2Mm0ou6hcmkilmZZMccKoL1Zg5ZMd3LF0S77bDSK94IKVZ1U12GN2rFcGMoY9hs1Xp8ngxYEOfEpKtl3IXE8Nemdc0NhkvlBZ2hcBMV3f2LC9fZFJs9xhCKR1RYARNUVPSeTipjt9-jT3bnUwXP0n_p_oxxVLV-7batdq7IwPRDaxUtRBCkzTK-cYtAAcygi_gxz2d49ExFHT9-ME32BgOE_AHdSnyR_0P2j-ilnmPPSc0Q-mu5o6BHmAA-KoZaYxbaz1ac_TkfvE9LJezWWLVn3XDK-6owFa1J5vA-y93juqgrmfN9KAsCHxBa-84OJjWg-gC0Vv4jwxUFsld9R4MxAQrLB_9EpWa8qETHwCaISOl4TIhNn375wVSMPa7Iy7Kf_z2yv01Vv_trPjNI9GWbqkvRwCgT9tn9IhGCBMYdt-_z_4pNWHc2Q0BC83Z6elJU9ilcaCjLl_wrxos-M6ihfeGSQE0Qnri7A=w1204-h903-no

PeoesmcUlVv_XZyKuRR4q-Q18nd0Hnd1oF4tkY6JSpqZzGrgTbmox2Bec8nn_LmuNmYqZ-wPFFtULomWVBc_IPMe45qyt7xJmpZ-btYZYdJeGWspoBHb-yjT3R-MPqRacH8_JIt7-5yZZL34ujPEFwboW-lk1yziB3hmwstZM8hwZnzcXsJOcyVMik_qpCr_Yxh5fEnG_jcESGSgwd5UIOKtrcWhvF1uH0PaiVLpfQ_T9vdAT6qNal6FZwDQKYtnkKpsMvqnov2Zo8TfQhHfuyMEUW2KfCz1VMBBFDXmOEoW83GxBLwOb4WXuf9MHA1lEWeNeP2gBtfX1MDqhqjwDtEqjdDdFy4ctKe1DLVHe4sP65lIV9v0NiLXkQtFQy81xI40SHaebX3jhOJYo9HYqsLjPmVwxEEt_DDLylVl03Sp8-ywIU_ysyBCKQfN7VXplo5s5bIwo-tFcguxLUXCapdKbCnQVk1cB3eBj2W_C06YsuNzzprt9_NdJwXaKH2gYYDlwsQ6_9TyAMGcu9x6upS0B_8lif_Z45zXLDllW3cVpS5598lREsGUcshoqQVW66i2kNS25SGm6kZQ0jGl2T8RVR32dneQgeXCfazQS5rZQD6NCQKKDjVF1iEvlIVbBIGcPbVSU0fsE17EDAxVNfPHssa6MrdvOQ03LaEeoWbXNk_eKCxB_X793r8mQ02PqRDY3vOIks0-3_bBDyNztD51uQ=w1204-h903-no
Yy7KpdA5jhzTOzs6kvc7GJ0Kb-4IpZz2LyW3EFzpodtKEjEdy7YhegvKw7FGXcYxM-WBtH4oLcATxwqJ9c-SvzmhUsJWfxrIDX8LJSBEAtR8eb0idUms3FalLhgA6lcjf4IPYLBCGbOkonlYLjZ0n_IozxqZupbZq-8hBCieaAocQiJA2pcrUjKSfxbtpoiP4bu_ceeiGdHxqRLxYeA4ShMljSqvqTPiISzTKTuEHfsnJipbCMfdxk_iCLfAJd-H-SB-uIjbqS1B8taeeVPamC-51Zvor7yI9amxagD0jO9X3Czd_jXdclOvKlwV4f5AlPmYN1SXjdIVvaR0IKV0Jd4AqWKhjrrG1JNLK1e1QuOoBYbBVnaV6rpmzpX7FWzCm54_DBsB8WNUTcn6NZ5GCE8QFcpVTzqA9T8MpAVgnzww17V4vZUW8-0aFOyYk-fHZYS9QUhfBWVb8D2q1JTtJx7LQyhcQMxKa5nUFwnhkfa-gdECwybw9BMAuIqMe_K9XPJgvoyGjXtGXbBctmcMrQooD8gM1_RlraujW7ZMxi4yV9gyTTYfis2nbyqqBaOW0LbDxYzMsNYmS3uRvtcgQ5_tGYwBqEgX4AFOAbdfcMtpoMjlrnMsYqTlpnQkLILl6AjfK57IcXbPfJbSersNJEBYfEqIdilMZBRE27mUwMnQhP1RxmAVmZeWbOiUB0KWX2qVS8_rCwy70IpvBfv9apxhug=w1204-h903-no

_IM8i1MdnzDEvIuaYdjQZum3Y7fqexJA1AK6MZp0l55Er-YgMYjUsUc3yUvQqysonkjBSn5WIvu3S9PAh-MguqtDYYPO-0B6sxoR3ULM1e7skO58RSfciFz8sxt3eY5_wUpRDXTNRkamTx5WVLciLl-qOj_oLYcDC8vU_imXBzx_GrwZMHeKTDmue9dpoZ6ZgB0XpkIA4SqJ8OoBfADAD7u3egiSmAWbXQH0g3bA6hzSk0jdxpgQ3z8d4Kn2FJWbI3V4SFMujqM-kk2sWoNwjYLw70VcnfrZWNFShH1fM8SirPLe7WCohl-uvQR5AxvkW87QP1hdUvnynlQgvUasAAcbIOFLZREkJwXJpiowJysSW04P20zW7JreYy8_k_ZZUie_SEOucR6q6p7JcgT-56LtPbjxzQzfJFDSGYt_kvJ2dXTVp6JdBo4Zwy1ZZM4Bjc44zfpaQjbP4znYCwGvsB0SKkXP0zuDfkCvqRSyekdS7EQDlaj84YIWYTS1jsv5Y2IWHU3UqIMq-3GHaqw28QCfPIFhyppW3omSslN99SncgVl_rBOq1mSbjyzFb_6exwZDu00i_bW2qPfAzb9AssRrl8kPqkCEm6Mn050wuXMpJ6KipZ990ExtWT2HLFhC3x9feCZB7YrkmnuK6zlkv-o6Cin-1gYd1zxjd0-jUsNB-jNp03h9IV-ISiVslpw_7_LMfloH_jHY3-vZT3RBUUgk9A=w1204-h903-no

cttuNV4l-GPT4Y28J_hjru7SQnYH3J6XxwCPR090fpeOHBPcnGYvsElg88RKjayQn--ohZJIvjf62aIuOWUNp0u0D4lXAPPA2Gu6G2avUpnJx9RgT-JrI3hq28DD3bHwPPCs3mdzJe8AJCkmNy1half1X8sQFZEizvUareazJIFOMCK2mzFtFXabzQ2f22DRuD10l531GRrk9vWXs9A5tQxShvNqDr4xWnaqyukqGtzBXUfuTH1q6to1ANYUe9VR9OLRiBYgwb0yIDIVaBUB2x4FZ36xEPnYgJdVT9o680SDvq4ngngWl6sD0I4o3OkNDoaqPX7j1hM0eUfdZ1_Uf4Fdqhn5t8xWHsXBx2FPXwiu9JzII-PeiH9u3OPZZXV2yGlqpVb5EQwKGk3pWDbR6TDJkuWMwJ0hV6qh--Uvvt_nucffT3D5rNurtP3KVb6jUw3gVfLgWdVfFAiE9rPxgbhg6JS3Aj3cEt1D_DAQjGpglF-W2NjCh3hkpWeEzheTknQR5KkEa_qOgt0N7aS2vrcMH0_jhb0E9-IL2NMHjszUpW8h98hx4JI8V0EufsXq5ZRcO3YkP2QNkA1lxmXL-c-3dYptaOzZE5ymkEpfN-7NyOsfcis400WPa_TQI4n560ZQjrLAI9w226CuBSxfhXx7pXUoJX-Srw6pFzFMw1_h_2XkkYkqQtEfDsfGkCaFctCLohcfqS8ZA1vLymUS9J3noQ=w1204-h903-no

Afterward we returned to the hotel to rest - our room was an accessible king room just off the elevator Bank but it didn’t end up being too loud. I love this resort and the rooms are HUGE! I also like that the resort offers a texting service that guests can use to communicate any needs. We wanted more paper cups to make drinks to take to the pool and the staff brought us more almost immediately after we texted for them.

800kN5pJRtyslXCrD6GCVLi0MJvFHDltpP8rmoR7t4yeoJffWP7HoVFbA48u50DQjqnyfPmwB9sk5zo1-PNg8oDbTEs1h4489nDTRsf1jmxNTMqNb2E0LNudsWwHVitfOCeeB0wcsIQF4Nh567OX2YBE--_-vgxkM4Mrq8k-FwddW1bWf3U8AwEniY6NW_7l3QzeIUO3_0Gf7liI3KhGueP45nBwQ-luhfCd3UDy3iQ4I0sZTjPLusT3BqM2zLKkCd-xZUECLEErS69N_iEkr0q5tzJVIpNKUQOeapiQoACT_utFWAvdfcBF26hKaghDcp-Q8PeIEPm-gFWxAgenx2txEfjw2nxcQlFQnqJBaZbJ_NrIUEc_ObPRmmMmxxBtWPyGV1xIBhJ46XUVA0Eh8_f0E3zdHMcqQ1za1dAsBJJ9GuhDUanjGDIjrFSDToSaSqjLfX8KznRlmoGhWDGbz1nj7k9oJVRURY5LzhiDBMVE1p_mkbLhVpnqzjCxvHXCe0RqEEwTB7DvPpiFI20vzejqGsi0DIydyZcK-pgNhfNQ9xVyZeiB_LDEomeHmIemJuHMEcuJF75A-Ws9Z9AAk2yg4KW2Q9lDmcHNQilbAnfXQotoWlrhOQBlXWRuq2rMZGfr23Dab1jXymHudc0gkG-w5GbmEFB9r4zJpHI2utz8sb4oAuTETTUUA1sEpRkKZ3JISQQQVRhqCbYqYgNl5A-WpA=w1204-h903-no

We relaxed at the pool for a while since we were exhausted but it was really too late for a nap. Once the sun got too low, we decided to get pizza from Sal’s Deli, which is not only delicious, but conveniently located right at the hotel. The wait for our food was longer than I’d have liked but we were once again happy with the quality of the food and enjoyed all we had.

X40GJoebngEHDSrqxsKqx44_F5e02Iahjn2FUp7oj5-QMkI1jTfQ4KutKIj5b-fXORLkv4b1i1xgdf65kch8GmrboNDF1SagEAgfFU5WpAPgpgEl97PqIpAzpRsHhCnGMBPrfimQBz9i90zfriepBT90zakYii7T-E60jCg7VuhGblTrfyMj3h1cecAly7sn4ODDTcB7Nl3AaMkRNVbLeAUPS6-mroYRpz1DohuO8axf3oB_lWnu4zYLKku4b8NhjO0R8AxeczY0gUcK38M-_jLvdKvXWViq2ojn2ez2lHxqp3yHEWNojjIPhAPSIjFWgGRJaL-Ic3WQ1sYyw56cSrPOrm44oUWi0b7pKh63WP3d8iXtHHq7Fe494s3T9ITav9rYXpSNWE7Dw2PFH8PLyfzwcjMdyEclBWu-WoFYTQ3ns0IU54IHzeFZRgr4KxE-wjz03Qts57_MzW0pP6qy7hvUBnFGMiwRTuMuJyR_IQ4P2H67cI8FC7QVKNyElZtcX2-7UemtU067UnQ3S2pKrcpGf2KpsQlcrkmqhq1DntdnLabFOLmvgPkyMiSuaG8b1NjrpQhUVXjcnCMMWIp_v320glDl9xxWjqZEIY-735sSMZpLY4HOqhVCLD66hV0eSu01ZwCcul4DTIy4I64JrCRC5lk6FYav2rzJmCdeIwZP62fXeUbIA7ak21E82prftkaX1qaEUEKuLiXd8qnwegYpIQ=w1204-h903-no

Sal’s classic Italian sandwich Ham, Salami, Capiccola, Aged Provolone, Tomato, Lettuce, Pepperoncini, Red Wine Vinaigrette, Kalamata Olives $12.99

ptM_KuWfDv8iEb_si6NODFRD2lCcCMAgcGtqpNPTcmvW0gbwjBejWATeFkwRSu3C3vH4g1MsbS5TcmDUEHF5I-NgBoPLGFY4VaurwL5vSCx4fM4ZYl_0jy1povkGswF1Bz0gIA9UvPRgx91BQNocKv151GbWtC4zYDQ7GQxoDUgKfNwV5H4_EhCL0m8FFsy9rTWsPaQDIw34gnB8B63Rfp4UkpeJGZ3hL-qIvqqFg6zYa49XjCmCxMhCD5cRghr7-7qLTUJj0n7KxVHudH1fh2ynxC45c6_XglSEKcYQKkKwFYBS_WHkdacCvyhCdQ_LwESJya3O9jbM6rPKSwZ-QNULdMHznVkV9cJ_cUD85VvRmlMZ7zfVuHckSLtUg-5cqardO7Fe9vgGlf_LtfppNCt9nVoxWNFUVlyQ349QZZMMdZXw-A52duf1Y8eM7pibXiNemEegO684UqpYRuq8yyFSILHbAh_DON5gR-Pw3Y1AzmaxQhOcjW2ATopk7fusz1-aeRyoTB06lWIuoFW434YqM-n2ra7_QgJ60RByFmg9Fn2owE4EO--4g7znxwwqHoi7kyclqMAL8dOsM_WGbkJHs5ua2CYU9pE9wfmiOAqA5qX61scj2eaPOzJ_kLtm72HJQpZSLKru0m4_ySFRL8uVW92XOGjziVhnfM2BecMxrg-4akUBRZkN1UR_94ceo6cyvEUxKiqiLbBlLgAOS7OfVw=w1204-h903-no

Mista salad
Mixed Greens, Shaved Carrots, Peppers, Cucumber, Cherry Tomato $8.99

Sn5j1H_vFBUV7meg3ALQ_Sqxm1zaWolVzA-tpc9pkgi79XPoyFKDooDclZwsw2-a2r2w0IQOQBeSsv-1MJh9IbU80yr8scy4nMXjM34kX1rdqc735VUhJjszWSvZd_AMUBrdSHHXXUSEBDeuiPhwCoVatMlbBZYpiQQi9Mfy32m7wfZc2TXiYd_rmU5IxB42626zAO9BbtnF--g51shVJNO0V_XQXhOif0XKS0XfnZaxLbUraCoDR1fl-lo7tPx6Y2htGQiKe7UTMOf4dFDROgAzuRnbpww1ifR0RTMQE_N3G_E-2AXU43S4Tzs3UJ8yTPRJCYiELaStAkuYzYR2m1Hl3rTtP7wCGTIrgUsrw5MObS_nKIRxybpazaE98eclKTF35vtmwVkXI2ZP-NQZixsXVlcnrXDTILe-XtswsDWMsEh-TGQNOd2TTF4V7Tr0rU2DmF_1zyhbJ3cOqyq5tQo9Agf6xCFK3GxaCx-D0nz_Tc8zRujXHiTNKW6_psZUJYvEFcGL_XA3lArwhbfYMCmnn7AZZH7XLRZZi13y0_L-u3jD_w6tWcTlHHJZH00o-HSCa_wV0Yd6efD9JU_sKd0xqhXzADJotAJvkwwIDwarZvxrf1juFmydy1hOD5DdQTw-Y8MjfqgqaN9cu0kaVznZPmI-ppxk0OPYRy7crdIdNhrtUuEDGVuUipB6vKYA40b2SLUUGG_LMAwSe1Xn2JTPWw=w1204-h903-no

14” Green and White Pizza - White Ricotta Cheese Sauce, Green Olives, Caramelized White Onions, Chopped Crispy Bacon, Topped with Baby Arugula, Black Pepper Vinaigrette $18.99

The best part about Sal’s is they will pack up everything for you to go so if you are as tired as we were, you can enjoy it all in bed! This was definitely satisfying and we enjoyed our last night of vacation having some tasty food in bed. The total, including a beer for me while I waited, was $52.16.

qytCXMgvMhle0KPrtwvJGYUPJyo4RW0sbn63MG_jsaqrb-cTKrA2keAkxmd2n9DpowrZ5GOqUXZHNCDYsd-Up338oVDkyUbAFy7oURur1AA5xkFZpMn_ruAKcNj0LyNlHQCIu0uT20B5K6R6SJHvORlpBIU-x2kTDY5SWKE8Q90sMSE3adnelX3aa33V8zriDGMBaNSaBzehpX1WzOYJS8zVn14WqTuwGGYbijovMcoR98Panzld2M8d57GRJEPmh7HVrt6a5cj56kfZlvIkeqvtKONjuBCtYitSBH9saB40kTPpMWbFicecZHPD3jwnPVnNrGWt1aKiUxzrjsAae89YsCiAlQYtSPEaZqfZnffUModpzy-L_z0lFDcVlN6-7yAcb_fPNyLaxCXKv1IGsBrdEJ5Vna6e-wAMXPzAcdfRjElRCx8lhdUCEdJ3MPFTPT0msKH_eubj1RQ8ZblnLivz4k6Y0_s9dYOv2PFHScjYgJcucJJ6pTLx7smKGcg3Xxd51RAdr1vVyks6e0IgMDDUWKg2R6Hff_CLtwAg2Q1e5FuX-Ozd-Znj7N70w8vQDT-ojaaaLC10EnDxfOndkQeRAzzt4EKnXrRCuauZqsXnTxZ1f7tqgSAQwo5WaOSkU2a35UfOcnWIQLrr33U_mBTVoX7267S65VoyMVSIWHNhHScIC1KsjxeWWaybjwlPEQejXlqIGLWlE97cPW9hyEtHxw=w1204-h903-no

The next morning was absolutely beautiful with blue skies and beaming sunshine. We did a lot of attractions in both parks, which made up for the fact that Croissant Moon Bakery has now taken my beloved pistachio muffin off their menu.

CKGX_qoF8LhLci18JyRAyZ67UbhPfxiiBSQCSGU_HZz36N9tOc89YyOxZSQzVjgbILERGRMoISOBTcU_28noI6rvK0E4AF4Nqzr75aTJpRZPDV2Nvd7hH6obhlvVAAuSIhrfJQ1b3UmReKC8xWmydN4d26GoGnDCI1jyXk8aGWMoU0SnMLC90naHuYqAf-Z9wLxR9gtzfv2cxHoTBWLbQ091wkwVr1h1sTQo6ZdjtingqvsCFnrpmnJMCv2EORSI9GV3iQHCNT5eIYGQgR6sBBvnQlj00579iOKF5dDgohPgglby0fAKSlubD0JaWEOYJJEdxRYueCdWWTGevxcbus7sofefyZtw817skWpVtgKIrY7IB-5R0qSczDwyyC4fq63jzt7WMv-HaGaowHJxOgqYHs8_EWnSi55UU_OEliRaYJzTqWhBVTyA6vb5Y446iroaPKy5dg3mKo0LrLWmv_4qp7ex0Xe7IQEGrZ-5A7EXkNyZK3u901LpAs0S7jE_ClEui6ndH39ZMF-96BqZAm82ED1doxSFAmbT1aK6SvxBWxZRDZnrx6nQeRz3uaHuHaWcQqjbP4ePomP8kaEn_6VSDGoBHEPVsEwhffoVcAWWGpaX7g2vbv8Pz_KL71hQzwtnnK2FyYnGXzrZT04Vmy7ff7FCqSd2ipNK2HmyR1xy4Z8X5lkh31_FJMa0kXxZmprQo5jNXKOB3_jnFXvgFKaE2g=w1204-h903-no

kBzaYQbq01PsyBhFzP7Omxiw_Xpc2t4VxajCT-AR2daMFjl2k5TywyWDL-YwvvCvuXqYWF3j5AiepUewRedDQQTnCG_K7vWpYMjI4NzcbMKZLfaWj7ly3kUd9Ewvtw9EutVOoqTYLJ2v3Q4uux3kQdr5CX24QA_LjhkRV_v8oW6wZguJ1NBm-50kmeSPhE86psfWAz7V7iTu5DhUxp4nTLCW3PMvU2pJJ1o6mwXGQI_PMSt9VVVfgFQbvLCJoozcKJEj6DrbrTC0Hf-v2fIl6HAry2UX6GOO8Y0mp_gFpbC_wZK6rHhtBBfHevP3p_joUEBUfXUvlzqLb3a6tUlXjbSoiLG8WGVrXP_Xys4_kyCMUTmPS6cq77cFwGdyvU9TcwVq6JsxESRbFoDTJel3Dhq7_ZhJrnPYYx7AO0thQatIBrwsOa8NAaNzJ_0_I6KcWDdpQ4Qkaq91Tv3WiKzeRSR2NyWBEw2_QX6NbDgtTORcSdBbNIxCQAKKfYYEIFoUnU2WCVm0qE1hNvKKzLsKC2_rftT7yDPbxyoGasK1o0p_10KIlPzjI_QLyE4hYvk4bVZnHSSk-fHsFnln7ciaPyLkaBiH6JFnatZPxVst_lsydzMEqBHHqiQjQNgsNQFm7VQjJqxkR9VuLDyWMHX0KmUIwoDNECL_W3oJ564YXf6zWdKlMTtbSSeCsCfpR7U6EB8aOM-Go3g8yfVNHNohKPW1UA=w1204-h903-no

tPSFwqn9GIfwev9jCe8XXJBRVlAgxlwf-4HcpQVKEqRx4aQnKMCsCt29-GXROdZMJ8Zj0nPBBZEAmOsrG5Yt1BJTu2kGxNIDbxkH7IJ8u637GRowMKT_5LNNcCkW_u2tsuC0Wuyb_F4xCeLsZkhA6-ft2ZfUQ7MEW-L6jmFWmIo7HUIFgnTERoRUnUDtX94_DMjwsx2FL0nPyq6AZHIbKXm5GvLL2Puv-QKsBZRRsGaw01CdtH7hGnfEXrXBta8CRJ8XCBO3ZL3krZYzL-QREQ3t4sFg2Vey468bFCQa7JkHIYvMvOtlTUVEyUn1GbGFsOaFzp07IN_isDWbrH4Mm4B7gBfcj8zljzm-hnxTXXIbFCJm9Y1PUEBNu9w3sEBYhkQQm82uPc4T38PQ_fQBg8Ib0-XNLDw14kt1urjoXkJb-N5JX1Si8gVmUl_G0aCKTD5SeViKun61itcwnLNBAIwtxoExEnjtVTna3uejZcS06HoVpalSkQ1YZ24mgxMgeV8fwR_dMU8ejz-iDXLwc5XimfxvzvwyALa2566UHwrnAbZ9Q9PquYW0Bvsz2DpWXIFnc54PtlsBHAvkI3Z9dQ5Gf3MTeNBUWtyiZBRi7hOfXIjSlKvPXrqKaT1SVsKQsMkl0e0Fs56xymG-EaKOYJGxD3X9xh_xmIz56bLLT3yBQkLbKyp7U0-41F92KE6J2pC-ghL_hkk9_CjMeGIH5e-glQ=w1204-h903-no

hh2KqBWek0z3sZ-WaGAmrrA2dkbj7kEsJGnFmepI9rO2cbKAtLEWWVLV14s4wvY2nGOE5gAwaM8R_aUtyjGM-vhQXOzH4vFGUPGym21FLxCnHbRXbm_ydbLIDTAdmvlxhZ8tl23nrE8bm43bNKqhk1A5J8hvikukJLsV34xRB1qye4WVwaQTdJG01A5rtvrlKL0QsKimnHlOcESD6cdteAWz3_ulhVy25G-P_HbuKMopWgpACRrVik8xOHqskmnowGaxBVRv_MybhQAqYjrVOjb95tjdYbnBHcyqNfRtGzvkjjkw3bQDT_em43VrRfNbRLb2rfBKKymtM0U2_HxkGSgdg1haCf6untV0a5Gq7C2rTlCOiULJmOmxoKXLhoI-EkoVLJVgVj2yAqG_roy23zYJn6aphOC0viOeXoMGEYsEhiXNBdZSAPSBphp7KR13xFvsVsCRfx_YHkkY1BHHwD1k3dlB9aP_ZDe6vBZSKE-qa6AifkGbNajPZfKI6AsOIYijPKn9qxVCaOSjIaUpdYYDE-_lu_FT5UnECWY8gHRu_1LozP6W0I5z9tj7YNgY4Wt9-VZBx4jEVyvnhjBWFUKuDzMqnpBNVjSNnZJd34EszgSQao3K1OfqvJJz9eQntbv71wlBsx_1wDyCTDopFV-o7EZndRBfGV6Qx745PTKSAf6BjtoETvTsR4AuPw2B8mlwTfr8u7rkl1OmzmV-twWuBQ=w1204-h903-no

c4bkNZ94wnmqMksAGOIxuQRANT1CKOqLliXEHcxWTgwVXIP_kt3CbZqr6mGK8me0daIkE8k7qs_fgSqCZ0oYNUR2QE5HT-br4uJqDYWzbEZhPNO_z_w-9dUkv099qHYLXVEB5sxnBvCy2CyHTQFWU-EHLLYUkpz83HFVDYjcU--E-FS1tNvzvRYX3QcEP6kfSvxNG1AOb5PpUAcDwvJ2Jz7yRq41yqoVB5Zjz8nLhAhGgYJFrMll0M9oChu9I5Z3sGesC1_uopLh3H_0H3csJb92LhO3yoEE5bNUkVAy8GFcQz1LSU_-2JAdmT2q2Yy3CrXdoONs9g00DN5mWZS-Ly6TTMuW84j3frrQOTPlQ5ivS5b9d29toASte9_1r240QP9vTqq0L3ZIR60QtCjFVqP5WGQKzCK8UMKtL4J8jqyRbOfSBMtu6rC_RHmXBw9gx4EM5N0u2baqpZaOKLpzEgrfEPu98Cx8EzksZ_Lko99G5MF77q1yY9ARWvqk9gtPlAxQohyzcvx7aESuDL07RWcllalw0J3rEWlj7R9u8XrVQjGkVyTpVtXtu3C0yfMciH1IWw5L9_ep96WWDZ9mRoGulR1qA6gN6Njsbc_YtlJXqOaDebsIdJ203bJzrtjymICg-UXZS9PleVJF1n7i40_aulZ_G38Zz-dX7_hNBP6GsgHmXawr-sVAoKrHv-wpDdOs83fxL-lYZ4W1QW5Sr2uwwQ=w678-h903-no

After our park touring time had drawn to a close, we decided to try a new-to-us option for lunch before leaving Orlando to head back home. We had never been to Breadbox but the staff was so warm and friendly and we each found a sandwich that sounded good:

I went with the:

8VAlSR6-ClWPZgO1_dyorAOIKt8B3VWQRIrBgq0xNzyWHhNnMqGmpu5lUVqNPlCPnG9DRZioNHfYyRz_WsygJbWzhqmNVGNcOULWDdOwfY6o_yTVyb486lrs16P8y_PLWj-UBs8gvf0O6_V9LtgXgXQwSca-iDnQasTqIkO3HF9cxQy5niGvzw1nZPsM_yujEpJd3MjRPJOEFcSdFTqzhirCrh36T-i2GnzCoM-yTXlzyyD01EQ7ml-Kj2oOKiX2T8XuU2Aeb-I2Z4WAuPvNihUk3V9EVFoGQ4Gx_68M_B9OURNhnCAq_zQkYPC22igSFBBGYrRQuMonXrxnSJjFIaeLtLeGNu_hxpKcsLoJEiogoqLQP9eaHplzO-B0Oevc-GdAntU7s2KkeWLQfBQHfBimMeqQEwLQwFVi_40xabGxG38V32fNyMTM4g6wssd1nCH1DyJh30KzHw5MKIscbN6P998VmmkFtvEoZp2BWtu_94Eo7ll_6RRwJsRubyvWl90lClsZyfiR93Bq3HmcQ0tLe7CYbYtPHUfn92ptsCrBzbWUAxVJSdypACRecXFq9DmhV-w-uMv8NrP5OniRaXjLN2T4K2MJKESZhpgMGDeqi3RXr-ShQkUP93gITxWQ7iil6Yg5Y_GTyYqMfoMOb97DMY_LcjcM0luFrVAtctjSdunSeAnC5Ku_Dz-pT-5iEMUGKtv_rmSO44b1YnGhelcfBQ=w1204-h903-no

Italian Platter $10.99
Mortadella, salami, ham, capicola, provolone, sweet red peppers, tomatoes, chopped greens, red onion, toasted ciabatta

Can you tell I was on an Italian sandwich kick? The Italian sandwich was excellent but the potato salad which was not very good - just ok.

R went for the:

UWlCayPVAzGaQSoGXS4pxLpSJuQlprNw5Z0aRNJprr90y2yAYg0cWI0Himjckey70s1K7g8coZi6U7VBtODrZBDWkLkyYfHm-_f7SrbsZF0y0h19hK4WUm0jIJWmc01e6aX8D7JyAYps9xr9-lUmpE61bMg8kfrOr-xie6SJGkwUVy8VnX-qYrR3os4QHbMJoOrETC1sRx0lkTrCOH5jn3heITW0qBcO8Q8zHDwi7nrl_OY4UTV5vFNH3gJvTH-iD5z7TDp5sP51j_Ws2_I5p6rUkcESnD2cWC7P0Ff4iFawwGt5ZupYGepAN8awrnR8ZHROjR3UDnX7hWNr5zxMX6K_N_XpPFWuy0lb6kSWgV7_sq5hRLb9pvlZHtOnaogqt9TvkQmF8YsRnU3AK0m6KQwXA5djMjPSMd0lQlIQG_RANl9gPtJE14zpFhq8DlHVdQ2XK9vKkZEea72HukUpXR-kHyahqQDhuAMJUBKtBANYOse_1N7URttj_IVA_NfC7YHO8X-z3vkqeOP71hpSHfQQzv5UAmCJX_NEgqtbhQQVkxr_eT_ffLqwE5jiYs9-A6HVM00f698nNRb73p8k7FqrWzTvNxaafSJB53i03F5kn70bbFwfgFBMh4gFlSpZ9lymX1ksyp2nXjyk3FgDPoTUUlgY_xy66IDl18HLa_fgt8I4AR4-pQx6vP8TkYw1nCUrVn1MLDky7qu3cnF2G6wFzg=w1204-h903-no

Turkey Platter (UD) - $10.99
Carved turkey, applewood bacon, Swiss, tomato, avocado, toasted multi-grain

I thought this was pretty boring but he liked it and the fries were good!

They had a number of other good-looking options and I’m sure we will return if we are in need of a quick but high quality lunch option. The total including a beer was $33.00.

A couple of last photos from the resort:

Tg6u9dZHDlYIL3Nwdbvd7rpPB3-WBU_F9-VAZMsoAJKD0O0_CgKGMIksyVZl225naF01gE93IkRpkMpOwdlQIwDmAib0fGBcWBmjFm04X61k6HUZPctCldd8Wh9eKWp7ahmHuPxIG10oV2DcnPd0G-7dlqXP5EUUA7IGPG-Wj-pnAVrST68WHUyVYK39QSVG9_e8vmpDEXCYwTytyftoHFHOfOhXfOQHdq_A-qT4vGXF4yeEj73QtJqeS7snd96fBR83Oc8WBc1kvX5iSrfvGI9Dx9RDVqZCQkt6Bm9pP-wNO0EVFJSGpDHVDCVbTigD-d0CCpN-IS-3Ic_-vdRt4sfbXWtbwPYRJRhIcBdWQqOjVi-qGFqJI-cq4qLRS2Nxv3lLgsRr74f0zXNjF-AZK5__WKE8w_8_COAKe82vJwZNOy-mn0PItKqC52EWc2pa0QWIVTcOZMHsJYCoEtWsfeeFl80T6JkJizeWjqQqdN0Inx3R3VHJJ5W7X-TQa0CPWDr_YHayUmkvlsB5IuATcOjcTKIqv08jwPWSiE-nJf0UJEnk6w0E6ER5A37PpnfjUs5heyJPNK74vE21O2SEUwMRNLDVV9Q7nEtQ0vjZyQT5bQPoZd-XKAntqvanCfYNDeux3mPsGzzjwOpgj9t7O4Ef10dune80ZrWAhTU8LOMxp6UVB28qIVy6YJ3aaYyFkD-bJBKPJ8Ak7ik657BhPZWYbg=w1204-h903-no

biBncY-UavREGJOuh_7_gBAR9rk2aiFwDfcshPkKd2w3xoT45GiLZtRdL0BEfxgA9UyN2eQlsLrFbjgV1OQmCdaqfBhQcCVZw7-UDRtnmvrjZY5HmGQDvb1OFZ39LFRhpnNjdkEJE9J5_4Ra-BCJg3Lkb6PmUg18zjFDwGSDNIE4LA1NOKAZemZAg9_f9lvAQUrilOUBeBQQoppQjGPTFVjVwI-TGeFRd0_jmC89Tb26Tc_YQ1hq1td6pcUAehQXXDIa5Yx0OHUK94y9njy9SMi_0QUEhb4i89kesJf3Ka7v_CU8zdKHhNs2rILl-GokAWhoM6hXolbo81nnZX6OaET7FFvcyZ5MM2ABMRwKkmalSnxYZUnls7kZDVGszoT_wKHb7TThSaE6puNAEG1a_luo-qk6wBEuUUtlZmjjbFfrD-DoEekp4P-ICa64auM2QQy2JN50NoNa70EWVLgQjr551NERF2r2K3wBuuaKmGiFZyBEcszcF3hZtlM-LMuvmvALbscuXbo5FW-XyhHO5DoFvx07RRKqg1Du2OVeaxTj3ItO4OV40YXdVnN8g9rv9FzOx3NXLV7Y20vO5eetleFIkfkvsok4_k_CgeO3OJcEumZ5RxqNn-azt3K_-r6SFE8jQfJKfZ3reHo8vgs8Wy0igNJCfOrnf9HY49vP-mcfIGDOUq3G8ZQiJDjMeUTRFiOeObAwuY_rBMzPueJYB6wHYQ=w1204-h903-no

With that, our trip sadly came to a close. But I couldn’t be too sad because we were headed back to WDW in just under a month!!!

Next up: a Dis meetup of EPIC proportions begins..

WELCOME KARA! I am still super bummed we didn't get to hang out... like at all... in May.

ME TOO! I want to rectify this situation as soon as possible.

Ummm yessss? :p

Knew it!

Wow this resort is so pretty! So cool to see the Universal hotels.

Our neighbors in the next booth, however, were a couple of Universal team members who were loudly complaining about work stuff - they appeared to be management types and I was frankly shocked by the loud kvetching in easy earshot of guests all around. It put a bit of a damper on our meal, truth be told.

Wow, how unprofessional. I get the need to vent about a job... but maybe not while at the job!

Wow this struck me in the FEELS. Need to get back to Universal.

Can you tell I was on an Italian sandwich kick?

I was just about to comment on that! You've been to New Orleans, yes? The muffuletta sandwich is to die foooor. Especially from Central Grocery Co.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!