Housekeeping?

M&E

Mouseketeer
I thought I read somewhere a while ago that you could forgo housekeeping and Disney would give you a gift card. Is that still an option? I already did online check in and it didn't seem like that was an option to select.

Thanks

I went down the last week of April for a week and was told nothing about this I then went down for s short trip for TSL opening ( 3 night) I was offered a $20 gift card to not have then lean my room I asked why I was not offered this last time I was told it was invitation only you could not ask for it. same as the bounce back deals

I went in November and stayed at POFQ, it was offered to me when I arrived at the check in desk to get my room #. I accepted and got a $10 per night gift card emailed to me.

I thought I read somewhere a while ago that you could forgo housekeeping and Disney would give you a gift card. Is that still an option? I already did online check in and it didn't seem like that was an option to select.

Thanks

Yes
You don't do it online
You just ask at check in
Anyone can get it
We actually saw signs along the counter offering it
Values and Moderates only
You get $10 per night minus one night
Comes as an email
If you don't see it search "gift"
Has bar code to use at store/park
Opting in will likely opt you in to daily "security" room checks

Had it and was not worth it, won't do again
I didn't like dragging my trash
Having to get towels
Room not cleaned or swept or beds made
And the room checks were not cool

RE BB offers: Anyone can get it, if the info is not in your room, you may call from your room phone to the standard number and ask about it. But you have to be staying on property at the time of booking.

Posted below the extension ...

Dial 8844 and then ask.

Last edited:
Yep still available at Values and Moderates, just inquire at the Front desk for the specifics.

Dave

I actually got a phone call from Disney Guest Services the night before our arrival in June asking if I wanted to forgo housekeeping. I hadn't heard of them calling people prior to arrival asking of they wanted to take the deal (I didn't).

Thanks everyone. I will ask at the front desk when we arrive. It's just two people in the room and we don't care if the beds are made. I would rather save the $

We were offered the gift card deal at check in at All Star Music but we declined since we have 3 small children. My MIL accepted and was able to receive a physical gift card as she does not have a smart phone and didn't know how to access her email away from home. I do wish we had accepted as mousekeeping skipped us twice anyway.

I went down the last week of April for a week and was told nothing about this I then went down for s short trip for TSL opening ( 3 night) I was offered a $20 gift card to not have then lean my room I asked why I was not offered this last time I was told it was invitation only you could not ask for it. same as the bounce back deals
Someone was giving you wrong info :sad2: anyone can ask for it, and everyone staying at a WDW resort can get bounce back offer. It’s supposed to be in the booklet in your room, but if it isn’t you can phone or ask front desk for the info. Hopefully getting a more informed CM than the one who told you that bs about invitation only.

I get the BB deal only when I ask I have never been offered them ..... interesting

I get the BB deal only when I ask I have never been offered them ..... interesting
I called last time because I never got the BB deal that CMon the phone said it was invitation only and I did not get one, it was ok with me since I am an and an FL resident there is pretty much always a discount.

Thanks everyone. I will ask at the front desk when we arrive. It's just two people in the room and we don't care if the beds are made. I would rather save the $

Us too. It's a perk to get the GC now. I don't need them in the room. They can look in anytime.

Dial 8844 and then ask.

Wish we”d opted out at Sports, in the 2nd week we only received Housekeeping twice in 7 days because they always called when we had the ‘room occupied’ sign out once we got back from the Parks between 3/4pm.

When we checked into POR last month, there was a sign on the counter that said something like “Ask me how you can receive a Disney gift card during your stay”. I knew it was referring to opting out of mousekeeping. I never asked because we weren’t interested and the CM checking me in didn’t ask me if we’d like to participate.

It is an option though for value and moderate resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter