House of Blue Gospel Brunch

tammyh-oregon

<font color=navy>Missed a DISer by > < that much!<
Any one done this recently? Is it any good? Is it still first come, first serve or can you call ahead? I checked the website and am just looking for any more current information from someone who has been.
Any information would be helpful
Thanks

I don't know if anything has changed but mom & I were there late Jan. 02 here is how it was then....

We made reservations and were given reserved seating. I am guessing that they have some walk up business but the majority of people reserved before time. You pick up your tickets at the booth outside of the restraurant and must show the credit card you ordered them with. There was someone there who didn't have the card they purchased the tickets with and HOB was making them show all kinds of ID.

Everyone waits outside the restraurant and they let everyone in at the same time. A staff person shows you to your table and then you can go to the buffet tables. There is seating on the main floor and also upstairs. There are many round tables that seat about 10 and some smaller tables with high bar stools on the main floor... The food is only located on the main floor so if you are seated upstairs need to travel downstairs to get it. There is an elevator as well as stairs. You eat first, you have about 40 mins. then the show starts...the food is still out once the show starts so you could go any time to get more.

Now my personal thoughts on this....It is very loud when you are seated on the main floor! It was my worst fear that we might be seated in front of the stage and guess what...We Were! My back was right next to the steps that came off the front of the stage right next to the speaker. I told my mom I was real uncomfortable and we found a staff person and asked if we could go sit upstairs. No problem we were told! All the tables downstairs were full of people.

Much better for us upstairs...the group was still loud but not as bad as if we were downstairs. Also being in front downstairs the group was asking the patrons to come up on stage and sing with them. I would not have been real comfortable with that. I just wanted to be able to eat and listen not feel like I had to participate. Others there seemed to love this.

This has been said before by others, the chairs downstairs are not the most sturdy. I switched w/my mom because her chair didn't seem like it would hold her.

It was an interesting experience but I wouldn't do it again. I don't feel I ate enough to justify the cost. My mom really wanted to go for the Gospel music and she thought that was ok.

Sorry to be rambling but I thought more info. might help. If I had known these things before our visit I would have asked to be seated upstairs to start with. You live and learn!

I hope this helps in some way.
Colleen

Hi there-

Just wanted to say that the Gospel Brunch was without a doubt the highlight of our last trip. The food was incredibly good: very fresh and hot. The fresh-squeezed orange juice and cornbread were both out of this world.

The seating is based on when you get your tickets. The earlier you get them, the closer to the stage you will be:although, I am sure they will accomodate you if you would rather not sit directly in front. We sat at the very front table and the noise levels were not noticably irritating. The entertainment was amazing.

I would not hesitate to recommend this experience to anyone. We had an incredible time.

JWF

We had pretty much the same experience as Jcricket Fan (except we weren't smart enough to ask to be moved, LOL)! I thought the music/singing was WAY TOO LOUD! I was not expecting the electric guitars (and amplifiers set to max), but rather something more akin to the gospel mucsic I've heard in churches or orchestra halls. Love gospel, hate amplifiers!

That said, the singers/musicians themselves were very good and the food was good, also.

We won't go again because it was JUST TOO LOUD for us.

Hi All-

I was also under the impression that it was not a ps place. How do I go about getting tickets ahead of time? Is it just the regular 1-407-WDW-DINE?

thanks-
Erin :D

Any one done this recently? Is it any good? Is it still first come, first serve or can you call ahead? I checked the website and am just looking for any more current information from someone who has been.
Thanks
We had pretty much the same experience as Jcricket Fan (except we weren't smart enough to ask to be moved, LOL)! I thought the music/singing was WAY TOO LOUD! I was not expecting the electric cigarette and guitars (and amplifiers set to max), but rather something more akin to the gospel mucsic I've heard in churches or orchestra halls. Love gospel, hate amplifiers!

That said, the singers/musicians themselves were very good and the food was good, also.

We won't go again because it was JUST TOO LOUD for us.

Thanks
We have done it a couple of times at the Dallas location... and loved it. Big fan.

This is an old thread resurrected! The HoB website has been promising for a long time that the Gospel Brunch is coming back soon. But it isn’t happening now

We went to what we thought was a gospel brunch at HoB in June and it was not great. The food was meh and the one guy singing and playing his guitar was not, um, inspiring. It was disappointing overall. Nothing like what we were expecting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter