Hotels on way to mammoth

warby

Earning My Ears
Hi looking for suggestions for hotels on route to Mammoth lakes.We are a family of 5 flying into Los Angelas international airport due to arrive at 4 pm in december.Any ideas gratefully recived.

If you were driving from San Diego to Mammoth I could give you a turn-by-turn description of the road! :) But I haven't done it much from the L.A. side.

Once you get past the town of Mojave you're not going to find much of anything until you get to Lone Pine or Bishop - and those will be at least 3-5 hours up the road.

Another issue - if you're leaving LAX at 4:00 p.m. on a weekday you're going to be on the road during the worst part of rush hour, and it'll take a long time to get to the high desert. You might be better off just getting a hotel near the airport and leaving early the next morning. Especially since it'll also be dark by the time you get out of L.A., and I know I don't like driving in an unfamiliar area at night.

Make sure to stop at the Schat's Bakery in Bishop or Mammoth - wonderful bread and baked goods!

Are you spending time in LA? Otherwise why fly to LA if the destination is Mammoth, Reno would be much closer.

Make sure to stop at the Schat's Bakery in Bishop or Mammoth - wonderful bread and baked goods!
OMG the Jalapeno Cheese bread is wonderful! I'm drooling....I used to have a customer in Bishop, a "difficult" customer and he sent us the Jalapeno bread back with our delivery driver on a regular basis:lmao: stuff is so good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter