hotels next to PI

xhaustedmomma

Earning My Ears
My best friend and I turn 40 this year and plan on celebrating like we did when we were 21. Maybe less throwing up.
We will be walking to and from PI. Any hotels within walking distance you would reccommend? Not sure when yet

Thanks
Karen

There aren't any hotels close to PI. If you plan on partying quite a bit, I'd recommend some other form of transportation to your resort instead of walking. WDW buses work for on-site resorts. If you're off-site, you might want to consider a cab.

Oh, I disagree...

Let's determine what's a "long walk." I enjoy PI and I won't pretend I'm a tea-totaler. We stayed last fall at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista. It took 20 minutes to walk back from PI (25 to stumble) and the BW is about as far from PI as any of the DTD hotels. Now, if 25 minutes is a long walk, consider other options. But I might suggest the Grosvenure is a very short walk (maybe 15 when you're, well, walking slow). And although DTD transportation isn't the greatest, it works. I think the last bus is maybe 2 or 2:30 AM. Basically runs to PI, then hits all the DTD hotels.

Take it from there...

Pat

Have you considered Universal Studios' City Walk instead? The Hard Rock Hotel is about a five minute walk from CityWalk ... the Royal Pacific Resort is about 15 minutes.

Thanks for the hotel info, Pat. Being a tea-totaler, I didn't realize they were well within walking distance after a night at PI.

Hi xhaustedmomma, welcome to the DIS and a special welcome to the Adults and Solo travelers board. I'm very glad you found us.

You've already received good advice about this, I just wanted to welcome you and tell you that you made me laugh.

plan on celebrating like we did when we were 21. Maybe less throwing up.

I'm still giggling, too. Thanks :teeth:

Katholyn

I think most of the DD Hotels are in walking distance to PI. I will say i'm in good walking shape, but I think most people can manage this walk. If you can't ,good luck on your hike @ Epcot........lol

okw has a walking path that quits at DD westside - but I don't know about walking back at night - there are sound lights - but I guess it depends upon how lost you get.

xhaustedmomma - My favorite offsite hotel, I stay there monthly, is the Lake Buena Vista Holiday Inn Family Inn and Suites. For the money you get a free hot buffet breakfast, a welcome microwave popcorn and pop, a two bedroom suite with a mini-kitchen, two huge pools, outside hot tub, fitness room and it is very well kept and clean. Depending on the time of year the rooms run from $89 a night to $119 (maybe more). I am there next week and am paying $109. With everything you get it is a great deal. It is located right across I-4 from disney property, next to the huge Marriott. You may not want to walk but it is a $5.50 cab ride. Much safer after a night at 8 trax or Mannequins.

To xhaustedmomma Hi Iam new here to. I have a good Hotel
for you it's call the Grosvenor Resort it is right across the street
from Downtown Disney and a short walk to PI or you can take the bus right to PI. The Hotel Breakfast Buffet is very good and so
are the rooms but ask for a room over look the pool.:D

conntom,

I have to disagree with you on staying at the Grosvenor Resort, it was not a good hotel, I stayed there years ago, and I didn't find it was all that great back then, unless it has changed over the years, I would not recommend staying at this hotel. I do agree it is a short walk to PI, plus all the bad reviews I have read from this place. I say stay away from there.

Just an opinion,

Good Day

Sorry kcarp that was 13 years ago I was there last Dec
and I think its AOK now. You are right about one thing
the Hotel is not the best. But for the Price I think its good.

:)

The Wyndham is right across the street from DD. While PI is on the other side of DD, it took us 15 min. at most to walk back through (or around) DD to get home. VERY easy and the Wyndham is a nice hotel.

I'll also recommend Wyndham Palace. We (DH, DD and I) stayed there last year and walked every night to DTD. It's a nice hotel and the room are very big. I found a good rate on Wyndham's own site, so you might want to check there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter