hotels near universal

mrsmouse

Mouseketeer
I'm looking into budget hotels near Universal for the 2nd half of my Orlando trip. Does anyone have experience with Days Inn Universal or any others close and inexpensive?

Thanks in advance!

My DW and I stayed at the Amerisuites Universal on Caravan Court in early June. It is across Kirkman road from the Universal parking garage, just down the street from the Radisson and Holiday Inn.. Rooms were clean, rates were good (49 a nite managers internet special). Pool was small but not crowded. They have a shuttle they share with the Comfort suites, 2 departures in morning, 2 pickups at nite. Very convienent location to parks.

Extended Stay America on Major Blvd. has great rates, especially if you stay a week. They also have fairlyu xcomplete kitchenettes, with plates, utensils, stove, microwave and coffeemaker, so you can save some money on food.

It's really only suitable for singles or couples, however. No cots or sofa beds for kids or extra people.

I stayed last year for 2 weeks at Red Roof Inn at Major Blvd and was nice and very clean. They offer free Fontinental Breakfast. Pool was never crowded and always clean. There is a booth for discounted tickets. Transportation to the parks is not free.

I plan to stay there on my next trip.

Good Luck!!! :smooth:

I've stayed at Days Inn Universal. It was OK. The room seemed kind of old. It was close to I-4, so traffic noise can disturb light sleepers. The good thing is that it is one of the cheaper hotels in the area. Just don't expect the Portifino. :)

Across the street from ExtendedStay is the Suburban Suites, which is very similar to ES and has incredible weekly rates. I stayed there for 7 days for $179 on my second trip to Orlando in 1999, the year it opened up. It was like a studio apartment. Two adults and 3 children stayed there comfortably.

I also stayed one night at the Red Roof which is also very nice and reasonable.

I booked the Wellesley Inn (across the street from Universal) from
the website pictures it looks really nice, and it was only $79 a night. We are flying in a day early, so we stay there the first night
then on to the Portofino Bay Resort. Good luck and have a great time.

:bounce:

I stayed at the days inn at universal last year. I thought I was getting a good deal. They charge $5 for the use of the safe and amenities you might need and when we got to our room we had no key to the safe. We called 6 times we never got a key. The sheets were dirty. we requested a crib 8 times before we got it and we couyldn't use the pool because the heater was broke and the man working the tiki bar said it had been broke for over three months. We complained and wanted are $5 a night back for the safe and they wouldn't give it to us. So I wrote a letter when I got home and never heard another word so I called and they took my complaint and that is all I heard. WHAT A DUMP!!!!!

We just booked the Radisson Universal for Dec ay $25/night on priceline - I have seen many other dates listed at this rate, you could take a look at www.biddingfortravel.com but it's obviously not guaranteed......

I just stayed at the Radisson Universal last week. I got a 25/night deal from Priceline...and it was sooo worth it. I have an in detail report about it in a topic titled, "I'm b a c k . . . ." here on this board.

Good luck. Definately check out biddingfortravel.com to learn how to bid on priceline for the Orlando area!

Good luck, and email me direct if you have any specific questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter