Hotels near conference center?

leebee

DIS Veteran
DH has a conference in March at the Rosen Conference Center over on I-drive. What other hotels are in the immediate area of the conference center? The conference rate at the Rosen center is ridiculous! What's the deal with priceline in this area, also? 3*? 4*? We need to stay near the conference center so DD and I can have the car during the day without having to blast out of bed in Kissimmee each morning to have DH at his conference by 8a.m.! (No, we don't DO park opening!)

My Dh is also at a conference in March.We are booked in at the Homewood suites on I-Drive,very near to the conference center.I have just found a coupon on www.travelsaverguides.com giving a rate of $79 from3/01/01 to 4/3/01.We have been quoted $139 through a conference reservation agency,we are just trying to see if we can get the cheaper rate.What date will you be there?
Please e-mail me if you would like any further details
Julie

Have you tried a hotel on Westwood Boulevard? This road intersects International Drive, and is pretty much in walking distance to the convention center. There are plenty of affordable hotels in the area: Sleep Inn, Extended Stay America, Hawthorn Suites, Studio Plus, Sheraton World Resort, etc.

Do you know anything about the Extended Stay and the Studio Plus hotels on Westwood? My research indicates the Extended Stay was built in 1997 and the Studio Plus was built in 1999. We're vacationing the last week of March and while we want a budget place to stay, we do want to make sure it's clean and comfortable. My son and his wife's employer gave them four nights at the Renaissance on Sea Harbor and since we are traveling together, we wanted to stay nearby. I'd really appreciate any information you might have about these hotels.

You are right, both the Studio Plus and Extended Stay are fairly new, however the Sleep Inn is the newest - built in 2000. This hotel has an excellent location and great prices, but is not really have many upgrades except free transportation to Disney parks and free expanded continental breakfast. They do have a web site: http://www.jaytelhotels.com/sleepinn

Also consider the Sheraton World which added a new luxury tower in 2000. It is a huge resort, but prices can be higher. They do have a web site: http://www.sheratonworld.com

Thanks for the information about the Sleep Inn. I didn't know there was a website for it. I was interested in that one because we stayed at a Sleep Inn on 192 last September that was very nice. This one is a bit more expensive than the Hampton Inn and the Extended Stay.

I have just returned from the homewood suites on I drive,if you would still like info .feel free to e-mail me

I attended a conference at Rosen Center, we stayed at Hawthorne Suites. I got a ride with others in the am so my husband and kids could have the car, but one day I wanted to leave earlier than my co-workers and I found out that there is a trolley that stops at lots of hotels in the area that was cheap and seemed to be reliable. Might help you out with sharing the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter