Hotels in LA?

Nermel9

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

Will be going to Disneyland at the end of September this year, but we'll be spending a few days in the LA area first. Does anyone know of any nice hotels that are a decent price around there? I've been looking and looking and everything just seems SO expensive and the hotels that are not (under $200 a night) seem sketchy. I'm dreaming of staying in Santa Monica but I know that won't happen! I guess I could always spend the whole week in Anaheim and just drive up, but we did that last year and the drive is such a huge pain with all that traffic!

Thanks in advance :)

Can you be more specific about which areas of L.A. interest you? What activities are you planning on doing? If you want to stay in Santa Monica, try looking a few miles inland. The prices go down the further you get from the beach. If you will have a car, it won't be a big deal to be a short drive from the ocean. If you stay in Anaheim, you could visit Huntington Beach instead. That is a much shorter drive. Newport Beach is fun, too.

What are some examples of what you think is sketchy for under $200? You may have to up your budget.

When we went to LA, we stayed at the Magic Castle for $260 a night. It is a converted apartment building with free breakfast, free snacks all day and free laundry service. It has underground parking for $13 a night. It is a 5 min walk to the Walk of Fame. We loved the hotel. If you end up staying in Anaheim, I would look into visiting a beach closer to there. LA traffic is a nightmare.

Rodeway Inn Culver City is an old fashioned motel with an excellent location. Still around $100. Nothing fancy, but perfectly nice.

I researched this extensively for my up and coming trip. I chose the Elan for price and location. There were several others in the running and while budget was not my primary focus I still chose Elan. I think I am paying 220 a night and that includes tax. I just had my rate adjusted b/c they are advertising a discount for staying 3 nights.
Last time on our ABD Trip, we stayed at Hollywood Lowes and that is a super location and hotel to be close to Walk of Fame, etc. Loved it there. Since I have already done this end of hollywood I wanted to be closer to Rodeo/Farmers Market/etc. so chose Elan this time.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! As of now, I'm going to just stay in Anaheim the whole week and get up early when we need to drive anywhere, but knowing me, next week I'll change my mind and start looking into LA hotels again! I can't seem to make up my mind with this trip! :rotfl:

Travelodge Santa Monica seems to be about $200 per night. Not sure if you consider that one sketchy or not but seems to get decent enough reviews on TripAdvisor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter