Hotels and Air Conditioning

ksack

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!
Next summer will be our first time to DLP for DD's High School Graduation... I've recently been told that unlike hotels in the US where AC is standard, at DLP it is not.

Does anyone where I can find of which hotel has it and which doesn't?

Otherwise, and knowing weather is subjective, is this really something we should be concerned about for a July trip?

TIA!

Im sure all the Disney hotels now have air con. The 2 cheapest hotels - Santa Fe and Cheyenne used to have ceiling fans instead but since the refurb they have been fitted with air con.
However this is Europe and air con is not always needed even in summer months

I see... Thank you for the information!

The DLP is in addition to a cruise for her graduation, so we are going to see some serious sights!

When booking your hotel... it should say in room air conditioning, if not just email/contact them and ask whatever questions that you might have. This takes the guessing out of it.
I have asthma so I prefer it to be nice a cool when I'm sleeping so for me air conditioning is a must...and the last thing I want to do after running around all day, is be hot or uncomfortable at bedtime.

Have a wonderful time

Thank you for the thought! I prefer cooler rooms in general just for sleeping...

We recently stayed at Newport Bay Club.

The room was air-conditioned and the lowest possible temperature setting was 20 degrees. It was a VERY warm 20 degrees and felt closer to 25 degrees to us. It wasn't necessary to use the comforter / doona at night as the room was quite warm.

We just returned from DLP and stayed at Hotel Cheyenne. While it had air conditioning, we felt like it was barely working even when we set the thermostat as low as it could go (and it wasn't hot when we visited). Luckily we were able to use the ceiling fan, but the room was still too warm for us. I'm not sure I would stay there again. I would rather pay more next time for a more comfortable room.

We have just returned from 4 nights at Sequoia Lodge. Although the room had AC and a thermostat we were never able to get the room "comfortably" cool. The room was pretty warm in the afternoons and we slept with a window slightly open at night. Not sure if this was an AC problem but having traveled to Europe many times we just accepted it as the status quo.

We are here at Sequoia Lodge right now. Our room thermostat is set at 65F with the fan on high, and it is comfortable now (the first day, it took a while to cool down). It isn't 65, mind you, but it is okay. We let it run constantly. When you get here, immediately turn it on as high as possible at the lowest temp and close the curtains.

I don't recall this issue with our two stays at the DLH, though maybe I'm just not remembering.

I'm really concerned about this too. My DH is a little bit of a baby when it comes to being hot, particularly at night. Our last trip to Europe was in September, and to London and Paris, so I expected it to be cool. It was 85-90 F - not what I was expecting and not what we'd packed for.

This time we are going to Italy and Paris in June. I'm expecting it to be pretty hot, but hoping that the air works okay at all of the hotels... I don't think that DH will find it amusing when I tell him to quit complaining - he picked the trip and the dates.

Stayed at Sequoia last month and had no issues with the a/c. My friend likes it cooler than I do so I ended up with the fleece on top of the comforter so I was warm enough. Flip to the Hyatt we stayed at in Paris and it never got cool enough and I slept with just the fleece since the bed only had the blanket with no top sheet and I was still warm.

I'm sitting in a room right now and i set it to 17 celcius which us supposedto be 68 F.... It has been running for 8 hours and room is still 80 F.... The air conditioning is a lie like in most european hotels.... I am having to open the window since outside it is supposed to be 60 F

Others have said it before but if you're coming from the US, it is important to bear in mind that generally speaking we do not have the same relationship with AC in Europe! Most American visitors find the AC available at DLP to be inadequate compared to what they're used to.
On the other hand, being from Scotland, I find AC in the US really extreme. I've just spent 10 days working in the US and never being able to get my room to what (for me would be) a comfortable temperature because the AC made it freezing cold too quickly.
So, you'll find AC in all the Disney hotels, but prepare to be disappointed I guess!

Stayed in Cheyenne this past August during the heat wave that was going through France. The AC "worked" but as others have noted, it's not like North American AC where you can set it to "Meat Locker". For us it did cool down the room ok. Would have liked it cooler but in the end it wasn't too bad.

My DD & I had the opportunity to travel to Europe this summer, so I was able to answer my own question in person. Definitely nothing like American hotels... But we'll be back in Paris, so I'll deal... :)

Resurrecting an old thread, I know.

Air conditioning in Disneyland Paris hotels is passive. When you lower the temperature to 18c, it basically turns the heating off until the room naturally cools to the desired temperature - there's no compressor/inverter driven cooling though.

That means if it's warm outside - the room is never going to hit 18c.

-C

Resurrecting an old thread, I know.

Air conditioning in Disneyland Paris hotels is passive. When you lower the temperature to 18c, it basically turns the heating off until the room naturally cools to the desired temperature - there's no compressor/inverter driven cooling though.

That means if it's warm outside - the room is never going to hit 18c.

-C

Not sure which hotel you were staying at, this is certainly not true at the New Port Bay Club nor the Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel (source: current trip, room temperature is cooler than outside, and way cooler than our home in the next city that is “naturally cooled”).

If my memory serves well, this is also the case in the Sequoia Lodge, and I'm almost positive it is the case in the premium bungalows at the Davy Crockett Ranch as well at the Disneyland Hotel prior to its rehab.

One thing to keep in mind, though: you will certainly be able to cool to say 21—22°C but not to freezer-like temperatures. Forget about getting 60°–65°F anywhere in France (even malls or airports)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!