hotelkingdom res. deposit to Universal?

LilyLake

Mouseketeer
I made a reservation through hotelkingdom.com for RPR a week ago. I was expecting to see a charge by Universal for a deposit for the room, too, but it hasn't happened. Have any of you that made a reservation through hotelkingdom gotten any response from Universal or a charge on your credit card?

I didn't get charged by Universal so I called Hotel Kingdom 2 days ago. The reservationist put me on hold while she called the Hard Rock. What she told me was that Universal doesn't charge anything until you get there; an unclear wording problem on the Hotel Kingdom site.

Thanks for the response, Letsbgoofy. It makes me nervous not having any kind of confirmation from Universal. I'd hate to get there and find out we don't have a room. I guess I should call Hotelkingdom just to ease my mind.

The reason I'm nervous about this is that I had a courtesy hold on rooms through 1800beastar, then I found a cheaper rate through hotelkingdom. After I made the reservation through hotelkingdom, Universal tried to confirm my reservation and I told them to cancel it. I know I told them to cancel the 1800beastar reservation because it was for a different number of nights and at a different nightly rate. I started getting nervous when I didn't see the charge by Universal come through like I expected.

Do you have a confirmation from hotelkingdom.com that the reservation has been made? If yes, I would call Loews and tell them you booked a room through hotelkingdom.com and you want to make sure everything is in order. That's what I did after I made my reservation with hotelkingdom. I called 1-800-23-loews.

Thanks for the suggestion, antmaril. I called Loews and they have my reservation. Whew! One less thing to worry about! :crazy:

I have a ressie confirm from hotelkingdom.com as well - sounds like I should call?

:confused:

jaysue - you probably don't need to call. I haven't heard of anybody having a problem with their hotelkingdom reservation. I was just thrown off because there was no credit card charge by Universal or Loews. When I called Loews, my reservation was in perfect order.

O. K. this is too weird!!! I was just dealing with this this week!!!!

You all are in fact correct, as I have e mailed AND spoken with the accounting department at Lowes/RPR -- the only charge was made by Hotelkingdom and NOT by Loews, nor did they show a charge, BUT they did show the reservation AT THE CORRECT RATE being held by a CC but not charged to that CC.

Am I making sense???

I was nervous originally, because I changed my rate with Hotelkingdom after being the first to find a lower rate for my dates - Thanks To These Boards, Of Course!!!!

I was concerned that the accounting would get messed up in the process, because the new confirmation was showing a different amount being charged (due to the decrease in rate) but I thought it was being double charged - Not the case!!!

In any case, according to the accounting department, it is all O. K.

Hope this makes someone out there who is as confused as I was feel better!!!! :D

So- are you saying that when we check into our Universal hotel, we will be charged the total amount on the hotelkingdom reciept we got? For instance- my total came to $411.67 (including tax). Of that NONE was actually charged to my card by Hotelkingdom.... and when we check into PBH we will have to pay the total of $411.67?

Also - for those asking- I called the PBH directly and told them I was calling to confirm a ressie for my dates. THey confirmed it and gave me a confirmation number.

I know someone said that there was no reason to call the Hard Rock directly if you have a Hotel Kingdom confirmation, but I am still having problems and am still trying to get the correct rates shown. Last week I got a conf. from hotel kingdom with the correct rates on it (I had to call them twice) because the original confirmation was showing $216.00 per night, which is much higher than the rate I had selected on the internet. Then today I called the hotel directly and they are still showing that amount on their screens even though I got a corrected confirmation. The HRH told me that the front desk will go by what is in their system not hotel kingdoms. So now I am waiting again on hotel kingdom to send me another confirmation. This is getting very irritating. My credit card has been charged a deposit amount that isn't on ANY of the confirmations, and I am waiting to cancel a previous reservation that I had with the Hard Rock directly. So, even if your confirmation looks right, it might not be right at the hotel. A reservationist at HotelKingdom told me that the sale rates at the Hard Rock will not stay in the system, they just keep going back to the rack rates when you book!

Same thing happened to me, but it was fine. The only charge on my cc was the taxes that hotel kingdom normally charges. The resort did not charge me until I checked in. I think it depends on how far out your booking is. A second time, hotel kingdom charged me and then a month later the resort charged me, but I still had my booking. As long as you have a booking number, you will be fine.

And the drama continues...

Yesterday I saw that Hotelkingdom was having a sale, so I ended up changing our reservation from RPR to HRH. I called hotelkingdom and canceled the first reservation and made the new one. The hotelkingdom rep. that I talked to canceled my hotelkingdom reservation, but said I had to call the RPR myself and cancel the reservation with them. I ended up talking to 4 different people at Loews at different phone numbers and none of them could cancel the reservation. They said hotelkingdom had to do it. We ended the 4th conversation with the lady saying she would have her supervisor call me as soon as she got back. That never happened. So I called this morning and the person I talked to said hotelkingdom had canceled my reservation, so somehow it got canceled.

Then I asked him about my HRH reservation. It's in the system for the correct # of nights and rooms, but he said their system doesn't show the $ amount. He said I would have to check with hotelkingdom on that. I know what amount they have me reserved at. I suppose I can take copies of all of my E-mails from hotelkingdom when we check-in as back-up in case HRH has me at the wrong $ amount.

We added a day to our hotel kingdom reservation in Oct. Rates had gone up, but HK said they would get us the lower rate. When we got to RPR they had the higher rate in their system for that night.
I had my HK printout with the same rate listed for all nights. The hotel adjusted the bill for us - no problem. Took all of about 30 seconds.

As for deposits, we were charged the HK amount right away, but no deposit through the hotel - I think it just says they CAN charge you one night in advance - seems like they usually don't.

Even with the small glitch I would use hotel kingdom again anyday - saved us a bunch over any other rate I could find!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter