Hotel upgrade & DDP

GirlDreamer

DIS Veteran
We've booked CBR for our upcoming trip in September, but I'm expecting a little bit of extra cash this summer, so I'm tempted to upgrade to a deluxe resort. Has anyone done this? And does it affect the dining plan at all? Our current booking is with the free QSDP, but I'm not sure how it works with upgrading the hotel if it's not offered anymore for this year. Will we loose the QSDP all together if we upgrade? Or will we get to keep the current one or get the full DDP?

I love the idea of trying a deluxe resort, but the upgrade is expensive enough as it is, so I don't want to upgrade if it would mean that we have to pay for all of our food on top of it.

Last edited:
I think as that deal is finished you won't be able to upgrade.:sad2: I would ring them and see what they can do. Good luck!

I called and asked today, and it depends. You're allowed to keep your free dining if you're upgrading, but not if you're downgrading.

I called and asked today, and it depends. You're allowed to keep your free dining if you're upgrading, but not if you're downgrading.

In my experience they try to be as helpful as possible especially if you will be spending extra cash. I had to phone in 2015 to cancel our trip to SSR with free DDP because of family health issues. The CM offered to change dates to allow us to take up our offer and even offered to postpone it to the following year, all retaining our DDP.

Mrs TT

So what happened with your dining plan? Did you only get to keep the one you had or did you get the upgrade?

We haven't upgraded to a deluxe, but I found a room in POFQ and we were allowed to swap resorts and keep our QS dining plan. I think as long as your resort change makes you pay the same or more, they let you keep it, but if you downgrade, they won't let you keep it.

I love POFQ! That's where we've stayed last time and will be staying again next time. We actually upgraded our QS to DDP, but for us it's well worth it. I think it just depends what your plans are.
Glad it all worked out for you though :)

Yeah I love it too, we've stayed there twice before. I was considering for a while to upgrade to the full DDP, but figured it would be a lot to have to have 21 TS meals on one holiday, not to mention all the extra tips we would have to pay.

We only go for two weeks (well to Disney, we are going for three weeks but that includes a cruise and Universal), so the 14 credits work out great for those restaurants needing two credits :)
But again, it totally depends how you eat/where you eat/how you do Disney if that upgrade is worth it. We spent quite some time working out individual costs vs paying the uprade etc. The only one we knew we definitely wouldn't do was the one with three credits per day! We could never eat that much :eek:

Well I keep changing my mind about the DDP :upsidedow I changed my mind again, so even though I haven't made the actual upgrade yet, I've made enough reservations to cover 21 credits. I even managed to get hard to get reservations like BOG and CRT. On most days I've made two reservations so that we don't have to do TS meals every day, like on the days we're going shopping, to the beach or Universal.

Well I keep changing my mind about the DDP :upsidedow I changed my mind again, so even though I haven't made the actual upgrade yet, I've made enough reservations to cover 21 credits. I even managed to get hard to get reservations like BOG and CRT. On most days I've made two reservations so that we don't have to do TS meals every day, like on the days we're going shopping, to the beach or Universal.

Hi. Make sure you’ve got a decent amount of time between TS meals or you’ll not be hungry enough! I also occasionally have two a day to use them up as we will have a few Universal days but I know from experience I need to have a good 8 hours minimum between two TS meals! Longer is better!!!! Happy eating.

I as wondering it says you can get a alcoholic drink per a meal, what happens if I use a two credit resturant

Can I still get a alcoholic drink the day I don't use the credit

Hope that makes sense

Hi. Make sure you’ve got a decent amount of time between TS meals or you’ll not be hungry enough! I also occasionally have two a day to use them up as we will have a few Universal days but I know from experience I need to have a good 8 hours minimum between two TS meals! Longer is better!!!! Happy eating.

There's only one day we have the meals a bit close, and that's our first day when we've got a breakfast and an early dinner reservation, so there's five hours between check in times. Hopefully that'll be okay, and if it's not, then it's just the one day anyway.

I as wondering it says you can get a alcoholic drink per a meal, what happens if I use a two credit resturant

Can I still get a alcoholic drink the day I don't use the credit

Hope that makes sense

I'm assuming you're meaning the drink for the 2nd credit? I don't think you can, as the drink isn't on your MDE as a separate credit, it's just a part of the meal credit. I've never been on the DDP while alcohol was included though, so I've no idea how it works.

There's only one day we have the meals a bit close, and that's our first day when we've got a breakfast and an early dinner reservation, so there's five hours between check in times. Hopefully that'll be okay, and if it's not, then it's just the one day anyway.

I'm assuming you're meaning the drink for the 2nd credit? I don't think you can, as the drink isn't on your MDE as a separate credit, it's just a part of the meal credit. I've never been on the DDP while alcohol was included though, so I've no idea how it works.

Well one day we are going to just pay cash for the evening meal and save that credit so we can use the two credit meal the next day

I mean you still get your snacks the day u don't use the credit for the table meal so should you not still get the achohol drink

Well one day we are going to just pay cash for the evening meal and save that credit so we can use the two credit meal the next day

I mean you still get your snacks the day u don't use the credit for the table meal so should you not still get the achohol drink

I 'm not entirely sure about alcohol being allowed as a snack, but I'm pretty sure you can get an alcoholic drink with the QS meal you get if you're on the regular DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter