Hotel stay 2 nights in advance

Candycane83

DIS Veteran
I booked my family (me DH and DS5, will be 6) for the Barcelona escape next July and was thinking of coming 2 days in advance just to see if we can get rid of jet lag before the tour starts. Since we’re staying 2 nights before, will Disney book it for us or should I book on my own? I was hoping we can stay in the same room the entire time so I’m not too sure how to go about it. I also wanted to know if ABD would pick you up from the airport if you fly in 2 days before. It’s not a big deal but was just wondering. :)

On the regular ABD's we come in 2 days early and they still pick us up. We do book the room through the travel agent so we get the same room and the pick up but if you book on your own you can probably get it cheaper. I don't mind paying extra for the ease.

You usually can book it through ABD as pre-days if they have the availability (they usually do). If you book through them, you definitely get the transportation from the airport.

You likely will be able to book it for less yourself. You can check with ABD and see if they will still provide transport. They usually will if you are staying at the same hotel, but the policy is always changing, so I'd check with ABD.

I *always* recommend arriving *at least* one day ahead of the trip to get over jetlag. 2 is better!

I have never been asked to change rooms in the first hotel, whether I booked it through ABD or not, but I know some folks have. It really depends on the hotel and what kind of availability they have.

Sayhello

Why not book the hotel yourself Phone them up they will speak english

Dial 1 for international then 0039 + hotel no

That's just silly, what difference would it make?

Well I wanted to book 2 pre-nights before our London short escape and was told their contract with the hotel only allowed them to do one, but I could book the additional night independently.

Thanks for the replies! My plan is to rearrange and put Madrid for a few days before heading for ABD and cruise instead of having Madrid at the end of the trip. That way I would not need to add a day with ABD.

Two things:

First, if it's the same hotel, you should have no problem with pick up, no matter the days. I don't think this policy has changed, and I would be super peeved if they would not do it, whether you booked through them or not.

Two, if you want to avoid switching rooms, check with the hotel as to what type of room you need to book to match what's booked for the adventure. They will likely tell you to move if it's a cheaper level of room you booked. Some hotels might give you the upgrade for free anyway, as a perk. But I would never count on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts