hotel parking..how do they know?

Originally posted by bbchurch
I guess you just do not see parking fees at holiday inn!

HaHa bbchurch-

My SO is currently in Chicago at a conference (ACA, AAC,....I never remember those acronyms) and he just so happens to be staying at a Holiday Inn (there were only a few hotels to choose from in this downtown sector that were on the conference loop). His corporate rate per night is more than the rate at the RPH, plus he has to pay $20/day for parking. It is all valet, no regular parking, but come and go as much as you want.

Like with real estate, it's location location location.

Being from NY $6 a day is equal to FREE! :earseek:

But I do understand T&B's concern. There are many more hotels in Orlando that do not charge than those that do. The resort level entities for the most part charge for parking. WDW's resorts charge enough to roll it into the room rate. The 3 stars and below usually do not. I guess it all depends on what you're going for. I've done 2 star trips and 5 star trips to Orlando and have to dole out more for the latter, which is not too often!

Originally posted by corvair
just wondering if you can use valet the first day you check in and after that not use it and only get charged the 6 dollars...how does this work?? we will be going out one of the days to discovery cove.... is the 12 dollars worth the valet..thanks..amy

We did this. We used valet parking when we checked in and that night, we went out for dinner and then never used Valet again. Well, when we got our bill, they had charged us the valet charge for our whole stay so I disputed it at the front desk and she did a credit for me.

So the answer is yes, you can mix valet and self-parking BUT be sure that they are charging you correctly on your bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!