hotel parking..how do they know?

bbchurch

Earning My Ears
I was wanting to know more about this parking thing. How exactly do they know and enforce a parking fee? (do they tow cars that do not pay) And also when you use valet parking is it $12 per use or per day no matter how many times you use it?

I don't know if they tow but you can't get out of the lot w/o a room key or paying to park.
It's $12.00 a day for valet no matter how may times you use it.

just wondering if you can use valet the first day you check in and after that not use it and only get charged the 6 dollars...how does this work?? we will be going out one of the days to discovery cove.... is the 12 dollars worth the valet..thanks..amy

You mean there is a gate that you have to run your card through to get out of the parking lot? What about people not staying in the hotel?

Originally posted by bbchurch
You mean there is a gate that you have to run your card through to get out of the parking lot? What about people not staying in the hotel?
If you're not a hotel guest you pay by the hour. If you're a hotel guest you run your card through the gate. there is a guard at the gate.

Is the parking for the hotel guests in the main parking lot??? I thought that each hotel had their on parking lot?? We are staying at pbh.. don't they have their own lot??? thanks..amy

From what I have gathered from others is that every hotel does have it's own parking lot. I also believe that PBH has a parking garage. I just find it annoying that you pay out the rear to stay onsite and they still charge $6 a day to park there. Like they are not making enough off of us as it is! Think about it RPS alone has 1000 rooms, if they filled it to 80% at an average of $150 a night ( I know this is low), they would make $150,000 a day! And that is before room service, restaraunt rent, ect. And they still have 2 more hotels with over 600 rooms each!

I know this thread on parking has been done before but... This summer we are traveling up north. We are paying $25.00 a night to park at a hotel in Philly and $30.00 a night to park at a hotel in Boston. I'll take the $6.00 per night. OH, and I just paid $12.00 a night at the Westin in Hollywood, FL
Plus, the rates are so reasonable at the Loew's Universal hotels compared to most deluxe resorts that we don't mind paying the $6.00 per day. PBH has it's own garage, HRH & RP both have their own parking lots.

CPM.. do you usually use valet?? We will be there 4 days... I am thinking for the extra money it might be worth to valet...thanks..amy

I guess I have to admit that I am a penny-pincher! When we stay at RPS in June, it will be the most I have ever payed for a hotel room in my whole life! (including our honeymoon...well that was $105 a night). I just usually try to pick a decent hotel in a decent location for a decent rate, and spend more money on the other things! I guess you just do not see parking fees at holiday inn!

Originally posted by corvair
CPM.. do you usually use valet?? We will be there 4 days... I am thinking for the extra money it might be worth to valet...thanks..amy

Amy I haven't used the valet. It really doesn't bother me to walk to the car unless it's pouring out.

I agree that it is hard to pay the parking fees, especially when WDW doesn't charge them. Of course the room rate is much better than the WDW room rates, so WDW does charge one way or another. I bet that if you stayed in a Holiday Inn in NYC or any other big city they would charge for parking. Yikes, $30/night to park in Boston! Other than in big cities I don't think that we've ever paid for hotel parking.

CPM, how did you like Hollywood, FL? My husband has a conference there and is trying to talk me into going with him.

Originally posted by Tigger&Belle

CPM, how did you like Hollywood, FL? My husband has a conference there and is trying to talk me into going with him.

Well, we have a small condo a bit south of there so we are there a lot of weekends. I just really wanted to try that Diplomat westin. It was really, really nice!!! It will come up on Priceline occasionally for around $80-$100.00 and is the only resort in the category. It's smack on the beach and has beautiful pools. If you need any info on the area email me. Other than the Westin you have to be careful about the hotels in that area, they are pretty run down.

I just checked and the conference is at the Westin Diplomat. I doubt that I'll go since we have 4 children to farm out, but if I do I'll make sure that I find out about the area from you.

Thanks, T&B

Originally posted by Tigger&Belle
I just checked and the conference is at the Westin Diplomat. I doubt that I'll go since we have 4 children to farm out, but if I do I'll make sure that I find out about the area from you.
Thanks, T&B

Oh wow! What a shame!! I bet we can find a few sitters for you! LOL Try hard, that would be a very romantic getaway!

Hmmm, we've been married for 20 years so romance sounds good! lol My DH's parents might agree to come out, but it means flying them here from California. We passed up a trip to Puerto Rico (company would have paid my airfare, too). My in-laws would have come out for that, but we would have been gone for 5 days and were afraid that it would have been too hard for them with our brood. I'm back to this romance idea and it's sounding better and better... :D

It does seem like a pain to pay for parking at the resort, but the way I look at it is that I'd have to pay to park in the lots at the parks anyway (and more $ I believe), so by being close enough to walk to the parks or use their transportation, it's a small price to pay!

We have AP's so we wouldn't have to pay for parking in the garage. I suppose that's part of what bothers me about paying for parking at the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter