Hotel package question

kappyfamily

MEESKA MOOSKA!
I’ve been many times to WDW but we’ve never booked a package before (room, tix, dining). We’re traveling next June with 11 people and will need 4 rooms. My dad has graciously let us know he will pay for 1/2 of each of the rooms package total. My questions are:

When we book each of the rooms package, am I able to pay 1/2 up front with his card then the other half use another card?

Can “my” portion be paid off in chunks before we get there or does it have to be all at one time? Example, If the total is $4k, can he put $2k down, then the other $2k balance can I pay off in $500 increments?

Right now I’m assuming the prices I’m seeing for June 2019 are rack rate. Over the course of the next year am I able to still apply a discount if one should come up even though we’ve started making payments?

Last but not least, in our room we will have 2 adults and one 17 year old. I’d like to get 7 day PH for them and an AP for me. Can we do this when booking a package? Would love to take advantage of an AP discount ahead of time if one should come available.

Sorry for all the questions. Thank you for any thoughts and advice on this!

Yes with a package you can pay 1/2 using your Dad's credit card and then you can spread the rest over months are in a lump sum with the full payment due 30 days before your arrival date.

Correct for June 2019 you are seeing rack rates. Your ability to apply a discount is possible but not a certainly. There would have to be availability for your dates in new discount offer. Odds are pretty good but we can't guarantee 100%.

You can just choose the 7 day PHs for now and when you arrive you can upgrade your 7 day PH to an AP when you arrive. You don't actually need to have an AP in your hand at check-in.

Dave

I can't remember how the online system is set up, if your name is the lead on the reservation I can't remember if it lets you use a card not in your name online, you might have to make those payments over the phone.

Yes with a package you can pay 1/2 using your Dad's credit card and then you can spread the rest over months are in a lump sum with the full payment due 30 days before your arrival date.

Correct for June 2019 you are seeing rack rates. Your ability to apply a discount is possible but not a certainly. There would have to be availability for your dates in new discount offer. Odds are pretty good but we can't guarantee 100%.

You can just choose the 7 day PHs for now and when you arrive you can upgrade your 7 day PH to an AP when you arrive. You don't actually need to have an AP in your hand at check-in.

Dave
Thank you for the quick response! I guess the on,y reason I wanted it ahead of time was to possibly get an AP discount. Also, we will be taking some tours and would love to book them with the ap discount as well. Not sure if there’s anyway around this though?

Last but not least, in our room we will have 2 adults and one 17 year old. I’d like to get 7 day PH for them and an AP for me. Can we do this when booking a package? Would love to take advantage of an AP discount ahead of time if one should come available.

With packages everyone has to have the same ticket to start the trip with. After you’ve gotten there you can upgrade tickets.

But I’m not sure you can get an AP discount on a package. Isn’t that a room-only thing? And if you’re changing to room-only, you’re cancelling your package and making a different kind of reservation.

But either way if you were to get an AP discount on your room you don’t have to have the AP ahead of time. You can upgrade there.

With packages everyone has to have the same ticket to start the trip with. After you’ve gotten there you can upgrade tickets.

But I’m not sure you can get an AP discount on a package. Isn’t that a room-only thing? And if you’re changing to room-only, you’re cancelling your package and making a different kind of reservation.

But either way if you were to get an AP discount on your room you don’t have to have the AP ahead of time. You can upgrade there.
Now that you say it, I think you’re right. I think it is room only for an AP discount. I will just upgrade when I get there.

Now that you say it, I think you’re right. I think it is room only for an AP discount. I will just upgrade when I get there.
Correct and it makes sense that if you already have an AP that you would in many / most cases only need a discount on a room only reservation. However, my response above covers any discounts that may be offered that would be valid during you future June 2019 stay. Just a reminder to check back as many types of discounts may be offered as a package for your actual travel dates next June.

Here is the basic link to all the current Special Offers. Note to see some details you will need to login and have a valid entitlement such as a valid AP. However, you can always call CRO and check for discounts and/or AP rates at any time.

Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

Dave

-Yes you can use different forms of payment so he can use his credit card now and you can use yours later.
-With a vacation package you have until 30 days prior to pay it off. You only have to put $200 down at time of booking and can make payments throughout as long as you pay it off by 30 days prior.
-Maybe. You may be eligible to still take advantage of a discount or you may not be. For this reason if you're counting on a discount then I would wait to book until there are discounts available.
-A vacation package requires everyone in the room to have the same things. Same number of nights, same ticket tuype and number of days on the ticket, and same dining plan. You can upgrade to an AP later.

Correct and it makes sense that if you already have an AP that you would in many / most cases only need a discount on a room only reservation. However, my response above covers any discounts that may be offered that would be valid during you future June 2019 stay. Just a reminder to check back as many types of discounts may be offered as a package for your actual travel dates next June.

Here is the basic link to all the current Special Offers. Note to see some details you will need to login and have a valid entitlement such as a valid AP. However, you can always call CRO and check for discounts and/or AP rates at any time.

Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

Dave
this is huge Dave, thank you!

One last question- If we end up not doing Dining plan and just do a Room only and Park Hoppers, is there still the option to pay off in "chunks"? So total is $4k, he pays $2k right away and can I make a few payments with another card throughout the next year? or is that only with a package booking of hotel, dining and hoppers?

Ugh thanks guys. You've saved me time on the phone!

Sure you are able to "pre pay" on a package and also on a room only reservation in increments or the full balance. Disney likes to receive our money at any time.

Just a couple of key dates: Package final payment due before or by 30 days before your arrival, and for a room only reservation any remaining balance is due on arrival date.

Note: If you do online check-in and have a Credit card on file, your final "room only" balance will be charged before 8 AM on arrival day.

Dave

Sure you are able to "pre pay" on a package and also on a room only reservation in increments or the full balance. Disney likes to receive our money at any time.

Just a couple of key dates: Package final payment due before or by 30 days before your arrival, and for a room only reservation any remaining balance is due on arrival date.

Note: If you do online check-in and have a Credit card on file, your final "room only" balance will be charged before 8 AM on arrival day.

Dave
THANK YOU!!!

Be aware, that making payments on a Room Only reservation requires you to call in. The on-line option for making payments is NOT available on a room only reservations - only for packages.

Steve

I just had to respond because I have the identical trip planned for my extended family of 11 for next June. We will also need 4 rooms. I am hoping to book now just so we have the rooms for sure. Then, I will be upgrading my tix on our trip in December to APs and I am hoping to be able to apply a discount to our rooms in June. The logistics on planning a trip for 11 people who live from one side of the country to the other is daunting. But I am enjoying the challenge.

One last question- If we end up not doing Dining plan and just do a Room only and Park Hoppers, is there still the option to pay off in "chunks"? So total is $4k, he pays $2k right away and can I make a few payments with another card throughout the next year? or is that only with a package booking of hotel, dining and hoppers?

Ugh thanks guys. You've saved me time on the phone!
Room + tickets = a package and can be paid off in increments up to the time that full payment is due (30 days prior to arrival)

Room only (with tickets purchased separately) - payments can be made in increments by calling in, with final payment due upon check in. However, when tickets are purchased separately they must be paid for in full at the time of purchase.

If you want to wait to see if an AP discount is released, you can always book a "ticketless package" for your family, which includes room plus a dining plan, but no tickets. When discounts are released, if there is inventory available in the discount, a room-only or an AP discount could be applied to this type of package. You can then purchase your tickets separately (the AP for yourself and the PH for your DH and DS).

I just had to respond because I have the identical trip planned for my extended family of 11 for next June. We will also need 4 rooms. I am hoping to book now just so we have the rooms for sure. Then, I will be upgrading my tix on our trip in December to APs and I am hoping to be able to apply a discount to our rooms in June. The logistics on planning a trip for 11 people who live from one side of the country to the other is daunting. But I am enjoying the challenge.
This is exactly me right now! Good luck and happy planning!

You could always purchase an AP voucher, take advantage of any AP rates and book a room only or package with dining as an AP and just buy tickets for the other two guests in your room separately and link to MDE. I personally like the flexibility to cancel up to 5-days prior to check-in over the lower deposit and luggage tags.

You could always purchase an AP voucher, take advantage of any AP rates and book a room only or package with dining as an AP and just buy tickets for the other two guests in your room separately and link to MDE. I personally like the flexibility to cancel up to 5-days prior to check-in over the lower deposit and luggage tags.
hmmmmmm I like this option. many thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter