Hotel noise

tamlav

Mouseketeer
How quiet are the Value hotels in general? Especially, the air conditioner? I'm a very light sleeper and the noise that most hotel air conditioners make drives me nuts. Are the walls thin? Meaning you can hear people in rooms next to you. Thanks.

Do you mean the Disney Resort values? I felt they were fine, but there are threads on the Disney Resorts board and people have a wide range of experiences. When we stayed at Pop, the only issue was someone being really loud in the pool after midnight. The security guard shut that down, and it did not happen again. On one of the value discussion threads, someone stated they could hear their neighbors using the bathroom. I would check on that board for more recent information.

Here is the link for Pop, but you should be able to find a thread about all the values. https://disboards.com/threads/disneys-pop-century-resort-information-questions.3338191/

How quiet are the Value hotels in general? Especially, the air conditioner? I'm a very light sleeper and the noise that most hotel air conditioners make drives me nuts. Are the walls thin? Meaning you can hear people in rooms next to you. Thanks.

Go to the Resorts forum for wide range of info.

I've stayed at them all but AoA but those buildings with standard rooms are built the same. They are not "quiet" if you have people staying around you. If your neighbors are loud you will hear them, if they let the door slam shut and use it often, you will hear it, if they stand outside room you will hear them ............... most of all the toilets are considered super flushers in terms of sound and you can hear that from rooms all around you.

That said I have had some super loud stays at values and some dead quiet ones. Your best bet is request a room away from the pools, buses, food court etc to at least eliminate the outside noise. BUT one of my worst stays for hotel neighbors being loud and rude was AKL so ... never know.

It's luck of the draw as to your neighbors (who have enormous control over whether your room is quiet). We've mostly had quiet neighbors, but not always. Worst was at POR - i.e., its not dependent on level of resort.

There is a control switch to Turn Down .... By Raising the Temp Setting or Off the Air Con

Reduces the Cold air flow & reduces the Noise

The air conditioner is what makes the white noise to drown out the neighbors. You want that steady loud hum in the background to help you sleep. Luckily my recent stay at Values have had constant fan with compressor that cycles off & on.

The trifecta of a good nights sleep while traveling:

1) mild over the counter sleeping pill.
2) white noise (sometimes a/c isn't enough, have an app ready on your phone, sometimes I bring a fan)
3) eye cover & ear plugs

I have stayed at Pop many times since the room renovation. I would occasionally hear a muffled toilet flush, but that’s it, even on the ground floor. EXCEPT the one trip where I got a room with a connecting door. I could hear everything that happened in the neighboring room, even if they weren’t being especially noisy. So if you get a connecting room, you should ask to be moved.

I second the white noise app recommendation. I use one all the time at home due to barking dogs in the neighborhood, and I use it when traveling. Get one with noises you can customize (mine lets me mix up to four different sounds) so you can find one that works for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter