Hotel Help - Where to Stay Last Minute - and Dog Boarding

3RingCircus

Earning My Ears
We are a military family moving across the country and have, at the last minute, decided to stop in Disneyland. But we really know nothing about Disneyland, and we leave tomorrow. Is this even possible? LOL

We know we can get discount military tickets at the gate, so that is covered. But we have no idea where to stay. We are pulling a trailer, so we'd love to find something that has a shuttle to the parks and a large enough parking lot for the trailer. Affordable and safe are pluses too, of course. :)

Oh, and we have a dog that I guess will need to be boarded, so recommendations on that too, please.

Thank you!!!

Clementine Hotel on Clementine, they have an area for parking that will be able to accommodate. They accept dogs and are on the ART shuttle.

The places I've found that allow pets and have transportation to the parks are:
Clementine Hotel & Suits
Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel
Springhill Suites Anaheim Resort Area
Residence Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anaheim

This was a quick search so I don't know specifics regarding pets.

The Disneyland Kennel is nice because it’s right outside the gate but they won’t walk or feed your pet for you so you have to go over every few hours to take your dog out. Local boarding facilities like Camp Bow Wow might be a better option unless you like the idea of stopping in to care for your dog every few hours.

10D09182-4447-473B-AD63-1CA1605682C3.jpeg

I believe that the kennel also requires a Bordetella vaccine, which needs to be given to the dog a short time prior to boarding.

Kennel required annual vaccines to be up to date. If your dog is kenneled frequently, for your dogs safety, the Bordetella can be given every 6 mos.

From Disneyland's website regarding the kennel:
For dogs, Guests must show proof of the following vaccines:

• Rabies
  • Distemper
  • Hepatitis
  • Parvovirus
  • Bordetella

You will need the dogs current vaccination records with dates on your vets letterhead. (your vet can fax them if they are open) When I last had my dogs there they wanted the date the shots were given and the dates the shots were expiring but its been a few years so call about that to make sure about their current requirements. The Disneyland Kennel only accepts dogs during park hours and you are required to come back, at least, every four hours to walk your dogs. Also you must feed your dogs. No overnight stays. The kennel opens 30 minutes before the earliest park opens and stays open 30 minutes after the latest park closes. No reservations so its all first come first serve. The kennel's direct number is 714-718-7662

If you don’t want to board at the Disneyland kennel, you can always book a pet-friendly hotel and then use a service like Rover to find someone to come get your dog from your hotel and hang out with them for the day. We use Rover when we sometimes take our dogs on vacation and can usually find someone to pick up our dogs and take them to their house or a dog park to hang out while we are out of the house.

Okay, so I think we are good with boarding our pooch. Luckily she just had all her shots including Bordetella.

My real concern is our little 5-8 Uhaul-like trailer. I've talked to half a dozen hotels, and they all say their parking lots cannot accommodate us because their parking spots are all side by side, and we'd need to pull through to take up two spaces facing each other.

Does anyone know a hotel off-hand with a larger parking lot?

There is a veterinary clinic that boards pets located about 5 minutes north of the parks on Lincoln: Anchor Animal Hospital - Veterinarian in Anaheim, CA USAwww.anchor-animalhospital.com/. This clinic gets good reviews. The DLR kennel will not board pets overnight and you must return every 4 hours to check on/potty your dog. The kennel is pretty strict about the rules.
Have you called the Majestic Garden Hotel? Their parking lot is pretty large. I've seen very large RVs in that lot before. Try calling the Sheraton Park -- they don't have a shuttle, but they are across the street from the Toy Story lot where you can take the free buses to the parks. Google for a map of the Toy Story lot on Harbor -- any of the hotels near that lot will allow you to walk to/from the lot for the free buses.

Last edited:
IIRC the Motel 6 has 'face to face' parking in the back, but I don't remember if it has a berm or 'stops' between the spaces.

You might try to call the local U-Haul place (or wherever you rented from) and ask them if they'll do storage for you if they have a locked yard. I'm sure they'll charge.

It's a risk leaving a U-Haul unattended anywhere these days, but probably a larger risk if it's unhooked or in an unsecured location.

I am pretty sure Clementine Hotel has pull thru spots in the back. I've seen large motor homes back there.

The Staybridge Suites hotel on S Manchester Av do allow animals in the rooms too. You * might * need the dog's vaccination records with you just in case, but I'm only saying that as am not in that position with having an animal with us. We have seen other hotel guests there when we've stayed there having dogs with them and things don't appear to have been a problem. They also have quite a big parking area too, so your U-Haul may be ok, but best check with the front desk first. The hotel manager, Jimmy, will do his best to get you settled in, alongside his colleague Pam and others also based there.

Thank you all so much for your advice. Since we are booking so short out, a lot of places are full, unfortunately. The staff at Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites assured me that the Uhaul wouldn't be a problem. They said it's valet parking, so they have more options. But on satellite, their lot looks small, so I hope 5+ days of driving won't be met with frustration!! Fingers crossed!!

I really, really, REALLY wish that DLR would form a partnership with someone to open a franchise of Best Friends Pet Resort like they have at WDW. BFPR-Orlando doesn't 'belong' to WDW, but they certainly do coordinate with each other. Reduced rates for onsite guests, hours coordinated with Park hours. It's just a wonderful facility!

Thank you all so much for your advice. Since we are booking so short out, a lot of places are full, unfortunately. The staff at Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites assured me that the Uhaul wouldn't be a problem. They said it's valet parking, so they have more options. But on satellite, their lot looks small, so I hope 5+ days of driving won't be met with frustration!! Fingers crossed!!
If you are staying at raffles, you are about 2 or 3 hotels down from the toy story parking structure. you just need to walk there and take the buses from there.

If you are staying at raffles, you are about 2 or 3 hotels down from the toy story parking structure. you just need to walk there and take the buses from there.

Thank you for this, are the shuttles free or is there a charge?

Thank you for this, are the shuttles free or is there a charge?
To clarify- these buses are intended to serve the Toy Story parking lot (which is just a surface lot, not a structure), one of the official, Disney-run parking lots. However, you can walk into the Toy Story lot on foot (there is a sidewalk on the far side of the Toy Story lot entrance driveway from the raffles) and board the buses as well. The buses are free and run basically continuously from I believe 90min before park open to at least an hour after park close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter