• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

hotel help needed

babysaysKickey

Earning My Ears
What other hotels are close to Universal and IOA that are descent and reasonable other than HRH & PBH?Thanks

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Universal, which is as close to the park as you can get without actually staying onsite. I got a beautiful, clean, full suite. That is large bedroom with 2 queen size beds and a tv, and a very large living room with a queen size convertible, coffee and accent tables, easy chair and 27 inch tv, dining table and a kitchen area with a sink, full size refridgerator, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, and toaster plus dishes and utensils. The bathroom also had a separate vanity area with 2 sinks. There is a TGIFridays on the ground floor of the hotel that also provides the room service, which I found to be fast, accurate and reasonably priced. They also serve a decent breakfast buffet. There is a Dennys and a Cracker Barrel within walking distance.
I paid only 89 per night using the Entertainment card, a substantial savings over staying onsite.
There is also a Radisson across the street from the Holiday Inn which I have not tried yet but I have heard it is nice.
If you are looking for the least expensive there is also a Days Inn very close but I do not recomment it, friends have stayed there and told me while it was clean it was old and run down.
One close place I definately would NEVER stay at again was the Amerisuites in that same area. It's too long a story to print here, I have posted it before, trust me, it was BAD NEWS.
I have, however, also stayed at the Hard Rock and I have to say that even though it was not a suite as I usually prefer, it was the most luxurious and comfy standard room I have ever experienced (and that includes several Disney properties I have stayed at). Plus you just cannot beat that express line access, if you are there on a busy day it can literally save you hours of waiting time, and in my book that does justify the extra $. With the entertainment book you can often get a good deal there, so don't automatically rule it out.
Hope this helps
:jester:

Over the last several years we have stayed at the Holiday Inn twice and the Radisson once - both nice enough hotels - clean, safe, convenient. Stayed at the Days Inn once - wouldn't stay again - very run down IMO. This year we got a great rate with Ent club at the new Royal Pacific (99. standard, 109. pool). At that price I'm looking forward to staying on site and having FOTL perk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter