Hotel for Universal or Not?

Discussion in 'Southern California Theme Parks' started by Shoshannah, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Shoshannah

Shoshannah Earning My Ears

Hello,

We plan on going to Disneyland at the end of April. We wanted to add on 1 day at Universal. Would it be best once we fly in to stay the first night at a hotel near Universal and then move to a hotel near Disneyland or stay at a Disneyland hotel and commute 1 day to Universal? We will not have a car and planned the Universal day to be on a Monday, but we could move it to a Sunday if that would be better.

Thanks!!!!

2. OhStuffandFluff

OhStuffandFluff Mouseketeer

I, too, am curious about this question and any info that can be provided! We are planning our Disneyland trip in early July and will most likely be renting a car for the week.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. NYCANC

NYCANC DIS Veteran

What we did (we used to live there)- was fly in to LAX and got a rental and spent the night at the Hilton by Universal. We had dinner at CityWalk and got up early the next morning to have early entry into the park. Hilton has a shuttle or you can walk it.
    Personally, I do not like the commute to DL so I would do Universal once you land and then the next day head to DL.

cruisehopeful and Shoshannah like this.
  5. JustCallMeMommy

JustCallMeMommy DIS Veteran

We moved when we did both in the same trip, but we had other things we were doing in LA. I found that it took a long time to get from Disneyland to anywhere else (especially if you are trying to move around near the beginning or end of a work day), so I would do the same again. We stayed at the Sheraton Universal, and it was an easy walk.

cruisehopeful and Shoshannah like this.
  6. Mysteryincorp

Mysteryincorp Mouseketeer

Are you flying into LAX?

7. Shoshannah

Shoshannah Earning My Ears

Probably. We haven't booked tickets yet.

8. Mysteryincorp

Mysteryincorp Mouseketeer

If you fly into Lax I would stay one night by Universal, then head to Disneyland after your Universal day. Traffic fro. Disneyland to Universal can be horrible and would waste a lot time going back and forth.

Shoshannah likes this.
  9. oakleycat

oakleycat Mouseketeer

I agree with PP, if you're flying in to LAX stay that first night at Universal and then head to DL to miss the commute traffic.

Shoshannah likes this.