Hotel del Coronado

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
We're planning a trip out west next summer and are thinking about a few nights at DL (using the lower points for DL Hotel!!!!), but we're also thinking about using points for a couple of nights at the Hotel del Coronado in CA. I realize this isn't the best value for our points, but something we're willing to do. Just curious if anyone has stayed there on points before and how your trip was? We would likely try to book a stardard view room or partial ocean-view. I'd appreciate anyone's experience with this resort!

TIA

We have been to the Hotel Del Coronado several times and we really enjoy it. We have never gone on vacation... but I have been to several conferences there, and I have also been there for recognition dinners. The hotel has a lot of character and is charming. One time we stayed in the newer building, which has nice ocean views... but I prefer the original building because of the character.

/Jim

Never stayed there, but would love to.
if you decide please post a report

I also meant to ask if the hotel would accommodate five in the room? There are five of us and that makes a regular room a problem if there's not extra space for a roll-away or an air mattress.

I suggest that you call the hotel and ask. Every time we have stayed there, we had a room with just one king sized bed.

/Jim

Have been there, didn't stay there, but will stay there in the future! It's beautiful hotel (must be if Disney used it's likeness for the GF!) It has a lot of character. There are nice shops and pictures of famous people who have been/stayed there on the walls. The beach is pretty big and COronado is a cute little place. You'll love it!

I have never stayed at the Del, but am from San Diego and absolutely LOVE the hotel! I'm hoping to one day get to use our points for a night or two after being in it so many times.

Been there, love it. Agree the original building is where all the charm lies, newer buildings a bit bland considering its the Coronado and what it costs. Great beach. Romantic. Last time we were sitting on the patio overlooking the ocean and watched the guy at the next table get down on one knee and propose...violin player and waiter with champagne showed up out of no where.

Pricey? Yup!

The Victorian rooms are quite small (5 people will not work). The larger rooms are found in the Marina Tower, but this is separate from the old hotel and has a contempary look to it. You will have access to the whole hotel however and one of the best beaches in California for families.

Thanks for the information. It's just what I needed to know.

gracelrm said:
We're planning a trip out west next summer and are thinking about a few nights at DL (using the lower points for DL Hotel!!!!), but we're also thinking about using points for a couple of nights at the Hotel del Coronado in CA. I realize this isn't the best value for our points, but something we're willing to do. Just curious if anyone has stayed there on points before and how your trip was? We would likely try to book a stardard view room or partial ocean-view. I'd appreciate anyone's experience with this resort!

TIA

Just don't stay in the haunted room! LOL!!

Funny you should mention the Haunted Room O2BNWDW - my DS9 is currently very afraid of scary stuff like that and my DH mentioned that we'd have to not talk about the haunted aspects of this potential hotel.

I stayed there last year for a conference I was attending. I had a "junior suite" and it was fairly large, but only one king size bed. (The bathroom was huge.)

I posted a few pics once before - here are a few below.

Also you can go to this page for a few more - a few of the room and view from the room.

The 1st pic below is the front of the hotel. The 2nd pic below is the view from my room. The 3rd is a view of the hotel from the beach.

del1.jpg
del2.jpg
del3.jpg

Loved the pictures! I sat on that beach eating a cookie in 2002. We flew to SD for the Holiday Bowl. Probably the best 25 hours of my life -- what a beautiful city! :sunny:

Kristen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter