Hotel Cheyenne FAQ and Information Thread

you can ask at reception for a hairdryer, and no, no characters are at any of the onsite hotels anymore, outside of the character meals at the Disneyland Hotel.

Some pictures of our room, the week before last;

20160915_094130.jpg

Bathroom....sink is in bathroom, not outside.

20160913_183535.jpg

Reception desk

20160913_183508.jpg

Electronic information kiosk

20160913_183503.jpg

Reception, gift shop is at very far end, chuck wagon is the restaurant.

20160915_094147.jpg

Our reservation said double bed plus bunkbeds, but we got this very nice trundle instead. I slept on it, as my dd and I are both cover hogs, and I have to say, I found it more comfortable than the double. There was no bedding in the room for the other part, but I'm sure it would be no issue to request some.

20160913_185909.jpg

Trundle bed

20160913_185828.jpg
20160913_185817.jpg

There are four of these on the wall...the ONLY switch for them is on their base....

20160913_185807.jpg
20160913_185758.jpg
20160913_185720.jpg

Tub/shower

20160913_185712.jpg
20160913_185642.jpg

Lamp has no switch, it's hardwired to the light switch by the door.

20160913_185622.jpg
20160915_094114.jpg

The windows open, but there are no bug screens like in North America. The other big difference we found was that, like elsewhere in Europe (this was our first trip overseas, steep learning curve, lol) your room key is inserted into a slot near the door in order to use the lights. Sockets work regardless, so no worries for recharging things etc.

Wow you had a renovated room! We were there too last week but had an old room (with the bunkbeds) and it really showed unfortunately. I am glad they are doing a big renovation roundup of all the hotels, it is much needed.

Wow you had a renovated room! We were there too last week but had an old room (with the bunkbeds) and it really showed unfortunately. I am glad they are doing a big renovation roundup of all the hotels, it is much needed.
I wondered if we did!

We stayed here for two nights on 15 October 2018.

We were a party of 5 adults, sharing two rooms.

I booked room only rate using Expedia, which includes the tax that can sometimes be additional when booking room only via other sites. We have annual passes so don't need a package that includes park tickets.

We arrived in the evening, approx. 21:00. The reception was busy, about 5 people in front of us but we didn’t wait too long to be seen. Receptionist was very nice and we filled in some forms with our details. We were all given a Hotel Pass which works as a room key, payment card and for EMH access to the parks. I like this new electronic idea instead of the paper slips. I also like that we all get one meaning if we wanted to split up for EMH or anything then we can without having to get a duplicate paper slip from reception. My DS left his debit card details with reception, meaning he could use the Hotel Pass for payment throughout the resort.

The Rooms:

We were assigned adjoining rooms in Jesse James on the ground floor. Our block was close to reception, shop and the bar, Red Garter Saloon.

I really liked the theme (we’re all big Toy Story fans…). We had adjoining Wyoming rooms, which I think may have recently been renamed. Two double beds in each room, chest of drawers with flat screen tv, small bench seat.

P1010312 (800x600).jpg

IMG_3213 (600x800).jpg
IMG_3212 (600x800).jpg

P1010313 (800x600).jpg

I liked the storage area for hanging clothes, small table/area for smaller items too. I love that there are now additional electrical points. One socket is European and one is UK. There are also USB chargers which is very handy. More electrical points between the beds, again very handy.

The décor was fine, lovely art on the wall. The only thing I did find strange was the laminate flooring – I suppose it’s more hard wearing, but I’d prefer a carpet.

Last edited:
Continued...

The bathroom was an ok size, hairdryer attached to the wall, some toiletries and a really nice, powerful shower. The towels were much smaller than the large fluffy ones we're used to at Hotel New York, but they did the job ok.

P1010315 (800x600).jpg

P1010316 (800x600).jpg

P1010317 (600x800).jpg

The room was cleaned beautifully the following day and I found the cleanliness throughout was excellent.

I did struggle with the pillow on the first night and called housekeeping the next day to ask for a couple more to be delivered. They arrived within about 10 minutes, so very good service indeed from them.

Food/Drink

We didn’t have a breakfast option so can’t comment on this.

We did eat one night at the Chuckowagon for the buffet. It cost £30.99E per adult (sorry didn’t note the child price) and included 1 soft drink (can of coke/fanta etc). There was lots of choice and I think it compared really well to other buffet’s we’ve been to, Disneyland Hotel, Hotel New York and Plaza Gardens. We all found things we wanted and it was organised well. No complaints at all.

P1010498 (800x600).jpg

We had a drink one night in the Red Garter Saloon. Staff were friendly and it was nice cosy space.

P1010337 (800x600).jpg

There is a Starbucks on site too which was handy. It did not however accept the Hotel Easy Pass for payment.

Shop
A nice shop with variety of things, much like all the other hotel shops. Really lovely staff in here.

Bag Storage
There is a left luggage building just to the left of the reception. No problem at all to drop your stuff in here until you need it – only two minutes to drop off and pick up. Great service.

Walk/Access to the parks:
Pleasantly surprised by the short walk along the river to get to the Village. The route takes you along the river and out between Hotel New York and Sequoia Lodge. Honestly did not feel any more than 5 minutes to get to the lake, so you’re at the village really quickly. We always walk, we don’t like the shuttle busses, and loved that we felt able to do this easily. I think the positioning of our block made this easy – maybe if we had been much further round at the Cheyenne it would have added another 5 minutes. Shuttle busses are available but we didn’t use them. We did many years ago on our first visit and actually I think by the time to walk out of the Village and wait for a bus you could be most of the way back without leaving the Disney Bubble. Walking also means you go through security just before the village meaning you don't need to bustle with everyone coming off the trains or bus.

Theme:
The whole area is obviously cowboy/western themed with the rooms being in separate blocks. It is really well done.

P1010493 (800x600).jpg P1010500 (800x600).jpg P1010499 (800x600).jpg

P1010519 (600x800).jpg

Comparisons between Cheyenne and Hotel New York where we usually stay:
  • Honestly, I missed a few little things, but nothing major. If we were here during summer for a longer period then I’d miss the swimming pool/tennis court and room to lounge around during the day.
  • We missed the ice bucket and glasses we usually have (no problem at all just something we noticed) but were able to pick up ice in the bar. I did notice an Ice machine in the building where the laundry is, but what do you use to put your ice in if you don’t have a bucket/glass? The bar gave us a pint glass for it.
  • The room was a lot smaller than HNY. Again, not a big deal, but if we had younger children/family of 5 it would have been too cramped.
  • I prefer a hotel to be all indoors – not separate blocks etc. In poor weather it would really annoy me having to go outside to get access to the shop/restaurant/bar. Again, not a deal breaker but a difference.
  • I’m struggling to think of anything that would stop me from staying here again. The refurb has really made a lot of improvements, noticeably the air conditioning which was one of the reasons we chose not to stay here previously.
  • Even as adults, the boys loved the Toy Story/Cowboy theme of the entire hotel.
Overall we had a pleasant stay. Clean, comfortable and functional rooms with really lovely decoration. Easy walk to the park, lovely staff – no problems at all. I’m sure we’ll be back.

P1010527 (800x600).jpg

We stayed here for two nights on 15 October 2018.

We were a party of 5 adults, sharing two rooms.

I booked room only rate using Expedia, which includes the tax that can sometimes be additional when booking room only via other sites. We have annual passes so don't need a package that includes park tickets.

We arrived in the evening, approx. 21:00. The reception was busy, about 5 people in front of us but we didn’t wait too long to be seen. Receptionist was very nice and we filled in some forms with our details. We were all given a Hotel Pass which works as a room key, payment card and for EMH access to the parks. I like this new electronic idea instead of the paper slips. I also like that we all get one meaning if we wanted to split up for EMH or anything then we can without having to get a duplicate paper slip from reception. My DS left his debit card details with reception, meaning he could use the Hotel Pass for payment throughout the resort..

This is really helpful as looking at staying at the Cheyenne for our first trip later this year. Could I please ask a question about the EMH? I’m considering buying APs for me and my partner. I’d be getting the Infinity for myself (which includes EMH), and a cheaper one for my partner (that doesn’t include EMH). If we get a room only deal at the Cheyenne, would he still be allowed to then use the EMH even though his AP doesn’t include them?

This is really helpful as looking at staying at the Cheyenne for our first trip later this year. Could I please ask a question about the EMH? I’m considering buying APs for me and my partner. I’d be getting the Infinity for myself (which includes EMH), and a cheaper one for my partner (that doesn’t include EMH). If we get a room only deal at the Cheyenne, would he still be allowed to then use the EMH even though his AP doesn’t include them?

Yes, staying in a Disney hotel let’s you have EMH regardless of which type of pass you have. We all have Discovery passes. You also bypass any blackout days by staying on site too (not to be confused with the contractual blockout days just after purchasing the Discovery passes). We bought ours online to avoid this and they were delivered in just over a week. Have a great trip

Yes, staying in a Disney hotel let’s you have EMH regardless of which type of pass you have. We all have Discovery passes. You also bypass any blackout days by staying on site too (not to be confused with the contractual blockout days just after purchasing the Discovery passes). We bought ours online to avoid this and they were delivered in just over a week. Have a great trip

That’s so helpful, thank you very much for the help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!